!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 03:42 PM

RE: !

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

AMZJ has posted more than 200 great deals!AMZJ has posted more than 200 great deals!AMZJ has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochTheCook View Post
I think my main problem is that I don't have the weekends like I used to and those are my "ok, I couldn't grab this freebie this week, so here I come, Rite Aid!" days. I'm now a single mom w/deadbeat father drunk every minute of the day. So, I'll be soon taking him to court to get temporary custody and take away his visitations...in other words, I'll ensure that I don't get to make those last minute runs.

Does anyone get to leave the kids home with daddy while you do your shopping? If I could, I'd do most of my shopping on a weeknight or something so "daddy" could experience a little stay at home mom fun.
I'm a single mom, too. My daughter hasn't seen her father(child abuser) in over a year and starting in August(after he finally finishes parenting classes), he'll get her supervised for one 2 hour period per month. I feel your pain, it's so hard to shop on my daughter's cranky days. And last minute runs are nearly impossible when you have to schedule around meal times, naps and bed time...
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 04:38 PM

SemFi621 has posted more than 200 great deals!SemFi621 has posted more than 200 great deals!SemFi621 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochTheCook View Post
I think my main problem is that I don't have the weekends like I used to and those are my "ok, I couldn't grab this freebie this week, so here I come, Rite Aid!" days. I'm now a single mom w/deadbeat father drunk every minute of the day. So, I'll be soon taking him to court to get temporary custody and take away his visitations...in other words, I'll ensure that I don't get to make those last minute runs.

Does anyone get to leave the kids home with daddy while you do your shopping? If I could, I'd do most of my shopping on a weeknight or something so "daddy" could experience a little stay at home mom fun.
, my husband works 6 days a week 12 hour shifts. I just have the one, and when she is in one of her moods can give me a few of those gray hairs!Its hard to find a job around his regular job, as well as he is in the guard too. So I coupon to help us on the income.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Grounded for Life

froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!froggy6983 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wish me luck. Tomarrow I'm bringing the 4 kids out shopping! Hopefully they are good!

I have the father of my children home, and he give sme crap when I leave without teh kids, booo

Last edited by froggy6983; 06-15-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:11 PM

marathon29 has posted more than 100 good deals!marathon29 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveing1
I have 3 little girls 5, 3 and 15 months. They all usually do pretty good when I take them. We used to go 2-4 times a week when I pick up the 5 yrold from school. They know they can only get something if its on sale and or we have a coupon. If they are good, they get a pack of $2 stickers to split, while I'm thinking, thats the most money I spend on all the other stuff combined!
Lately we are passing around a cold at my home and we really haven't been to rite aid. One sunday morning my 5 yr old wanted to spend some alone time with me. I asked her what she wanted to do. She said, "LETS GO TO RITE AID!" My husband just sat there shaking his head.
ROFL It's soooooooo difficult to take my 6 month old when I have to do errands. He's sleepy in less than two hours ye he won't sleep just anywhere. By the time we get out of the house and where we're going it's been a little over a half hour. He was wailing at the grocery store so much and for so long that I have to go out again to finish the groceries. Ridiculous!
It's really easiest to do the errands sometimes once he's in bed for the night. Taking my husband to the stores with us is expensive!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:50 AM

Morgan Hemlock

sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
D:? Is this what it will be like couponing with kids D:??

It is bad enough going with my little sister (and she is only a year younger than me... and she is 19 :T) since she will wander around the store begging me to finish.

I can't imagine a 6 year old or younger going with me D:! Not yet anyways
[u]I AM TRADING BOX TOPS FOR COUPONS! PM me for details! See my blog (on AFC) for more details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![u]
Old 06-17-2011, 06:00 PM

My 13 year old son is MOOOODY!!!!

My Mood/Status:
SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Are these my kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakitan View Post
D:? Is this what it will be like couponing with kids D:??

It is bad enough going with my little sister (and she is only a year younger than me... and she is 19 :T) since she will wander around the store begging me to finish.

I can't imagine a 6 year old or younger going with me D:! Not yet anyways

I've heard a couple of people say it's easy or even fun, but I think they must be the crack smokin' ones or the have nerves made of something more than mine are!

I'll add my 9 year old into your category, because he really acts 6 with the ADHD...baby talk, not hearing what I say, mind wandering, grabby hands, etc. Took my 13 year old nephew though, and wouldn't you know it, PERFECT behavior and very helpful, I found him to be!
The Following User Says Thank You to SmoochTheCook For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 01:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveing1 View Post
I have 3 little girls 5, 3 and 15 months. They all usually do pretty good when I take them. We used to go 2-4 times a week when I pick up the 5 yrold from school. They know they can only get something if its on sale and or we have a coupon. If they are good, they get a pack of $2 stickers to split, while I'm thinking, thats the most money I spend on all the other stuff combined!
Lately we are passing around a cold at my home and we really haven't been to rite aid. One sunday morning my 5 yr old wanted to spend some alone time with me. I asked her what she wanted to do. She said, "LETS GO TO RITE AID!" My husband just sat there shaking his head.
That is adorable! When I have kids I hope I can make them excited about Rite Aid.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:23 AM

Rite Aid is my new favorite store!

My Mood/Status:
Amccordford has posted more than 25 good deals
I'm just starting couponing so I haven't taken my kids (girls ages 4,3,1.5&6mo) with me yet, I arranged for my mom to watch them for the afternoon. I'm looking forward to taking my 4yo sometime!

Last year I broke my ankle at 20 weeks pregnant. I loved taking my now 4yo with me because she was extremely helpful. My now 3yo would be a terror, she is simply too high energy and can cry at the tiniest thing.

AMcCordFord Mom of 4
Old 06-21-2011, 04:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
tlcmommi4 has posted more than 200 great deals!tlcmommi4 has posted more than 200 great deals!tlcmommi4 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have 3 older kids that babysit the younger one. So when they are around, which isnt often in the summer (my kids are 21, 16, 13 and 4), I can get one of the older 3 to watch the youngest while I go. But I always have to bring back candy. Yesterday the youngest says "Ok, but you have to bring me back Reeses!" I was pleasently surprised to find them on sale 2/$1 ... with 3 $.50/2 I stocked up ... they were all happy to see Reeses and Stride gum when I got home from RA!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
adamhagar has posted more than 100 good deals!adamhagar has posted more than 100 good deals!
Well yesterday I went to Rite Aid wtih my 4yrs son and my 1yrs and my mom mind you I dont drive and took transportation opted on leaving the stroller home bad Ide my son was on his peak of loudness and not listening and toching stuff and trying to run off and that is that my mom was trying to watch him and my little sweet one was tring to grab stuff from the carrier well my son would touch an item then I would get upset and he would scream I sorry wow really I think I ven spent more than what I wanted to how to save whn I so distracted? and I had other errands I sure that I spent more than what I wanted to went to mc donalds not in my plan I just want to save money did get the 5.00 for the loreal but spen 20.00 gosh I hope I get the hang of it my son is like 4 boys in on none stop out side at home and my husband is my third child so n help there he says to me oh why dont you leave this couponing hobby what I trying to save you money hard to coupon with out support
Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 AM

loveing1
My kids are only good at the stores (grocery and rite aid) if I take them on a regular basis. It becomes routine for them, like getting ready for bed or nap. Not their preferred thing to do, but they knw the drill. If I go a while, just a week or two, without taking them, I have to start all over getting them used to the routine and the first few times are very difficult.

I saw a lady once with 6 kids in tow! All under 6, two sets of twins. All hers and all perfectly behaved! I just stared aat her with my mouth open until she looked at me and I complemented her.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 PM

My 13 year old son is MOOOODY!!!!

My Mood/Status:
SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Gasp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveing1 View Post
My kids are only good at the stores (grocery and rite aid) if I take them on a regular basis. It becomes routine for them, like getting ready for bed or nap. Not their preferred thing to do, but they knw the drill. If I go a while, just a week or two, without taking them, I have to start all over getting them used to the routine and the first few times are very difficult.

I saw a lady once with 6 kids in tow! All under 6, two sets of twins. All hers and all perfectly behaved! I just stared aat her with my mouth open until she looked at me and I complemented her.
Those must not be ADHD kids! Usually, I end up breaking out the bank dumdums for mom's with a bunch of kids if they're acting up. They're usually thankful. Either that, or I have some sheets of clearance stickers or something to hand out.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:40 PM

Ltaylor882 has posted more than 150 good deals!Ltaylor882 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I'm a nanny for a 4 year old boy and 3 year old girl and they love shopping! They love coupons. I picked them up from school one day and told them we were going to get free stuff and they cheered 'yay free stuff!' . I try and make the shopping trips fun and educational which helps. One recent trip we got 20 cans of friskies to donate and I had the 4 year old count by 2 as he put the 20 cans in the cart. Keeping them stimulated seems to make shopping so much easier!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbnron View Post
my autistic 18yr old and I are shopping together. This doesn't sound too bad excepting that he will just walk off following any pretty girl he sees, or newspapers, or a ball. I turn around and he's holding some girl's hand saying " I like your pretty hair" or the other line he has is " What's your name and phone number" you'd be surprised how many times this actually works, also they'd be surprised that even though he remembers 1000's of phone numbers and collects phone books, he won't actually talk on the phone past saying hi then running away. Today after a stressfull and unfruitful trip to the grocery I stopped in the dollar store to grab bleach and he is following me with this blue ball, telling me that "it's pretty", I say no put it back, then I get "but I love it!!" So now I return from the grocery and dollar store spent an hour, got a gal of bleach, and 1 very lovely blue ball!

...Your situation sounds somewhat similar to mine. I have my 44 yr. old down syndrome brother with me. He went through a time of flirtingly air kissing the cashiers. And he has been known to pick up "stacks" of notebooks or "stacks" of large bags of candy.