Have Ya'll Heard The New Policy On 4 "like" Coupon Limits For ALL Coupons?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 AM

RE: Have ya'll heard the new policy on 4 "like" coupon limits for ALL coupons?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

AMZJ has posted more than 200 great deals!AMZJ has posted more than 200 great deals!AMZJ has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuschelsmom View Post
Hi ,

just been to the RiteAid website and checked out there posted Coupon policy.
Have a look here....

..... content.riteaid.com/stores/CustomerCouponAcceptancePolicyAugust2010.pdf
you know what to put up front.

Also need to know what this means:

Buy One, Get One Free
We accept two coupons for the purchase of two items that are on Buy One, Get One Free Promotion.

Does that say, if I have two manufacturers coupons B1G1, that I can use two of them for two items? Or something totally different?

Very confusing to me, I been told I can not use two coupons like that. Cashiers error or mine?

Please advise, thanks LOTS!!!
What that means is that when they have a BOGO promotion, for example, the BOGO gum deal last week, you can use a BOGO Q for the same product and get two products for free. BOGO Trident gum with a BOGO Trident coupon means 2 totally free packs of gum!! HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to AMZJ For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 AM

Run, run, run as fast as you can, you can't...

My Mood/Status:
pwetypweas has posted more than 25 good deals
Memo is at my very favorite and very coupon friendly Rite-Aid -- one of the managers showed it to me yesterday...so if you don't have it feel lucky -- My OOP is going to start going up a little, but there are still great deals to be had...but I AM glad this wasn't around when I got my J&J LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwetypweas For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 11:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
ibleedart has posted more than 300 great deals!ibleedart has posted more than 300 great deals!ibleedart has posted more than 300 great deals!ibleedart has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
This will be on a case to case basis since corporate leaves it to the SMs discretion to allow more than 1 trxn using 4 like coupons. This is where YMMV comes in.

This YMMV may be another headache for them if there are stores that will allow bending of the rules to accommodate certain customers while the rule is applied to the rest of shoppers.
Exactly. I've found that problem with Wag's and won't shop much there anymore unless I'm already in town and it's something I really need. There is one store in particular that always gives me a hard time and limits me. A few weeks ago it was 30 min to close on Saturday night and I was trying to buy 4 toothpastes that were on sale with an RR. They limited me to 1 even though there were 20 on the shelf and it was the end of the sale. Then, last night I was in town and went to buy toothpaste again that was on sale but they were sold out...and also sold out of everything else that was on sale so apparently I'm the only one being limited.
The Following User Says Thank You to ibleedart For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 11:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
ibleedart has posted more than 300 great deals!ibleedart has posted more than 300 great deals!ibleedart has posted more than 300 great deals!ibleedart has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonnev123 View Post
When I went to the store the other day and had this big fiasco the manager mentioned something about the coupon clearing houses and the number 50. She said 2 days ago she had received a memo regarding it. I asked her if i could see it. She said I couldn't see it cause it's corporate documents. I asked the exact same question. I said "so what happens after 50 coupons? You can't accept them from the rest of the customers? She gave me a dirty look and said, "that is highly unlikely to happen for us to get 50 of the same coupon a week" now I have been the only couponer for a long time. But since these shows came out, there are at least 4 other couponers now, and they are shelf clearers. So I don't think she knows what she's talking about. And when the DM called and told me this today I wasn't gonna argue it. He just told me to not clear the shelf. And it's cool for me to use my coupons. So I don't know if the store manager fed the district manager that, or where it really came from.
I am upset about these shows coming out as well not because I have competition (which I'm ok with) but because all of the newbies are shelf clearing in my area. I spoke with the manager at my fave RA two days ago and she told me they are limited to 3 like coupons for BOGO on BOGO sale but didn't say anything about other coupons. She also just said to come back tomorrow if I wanted and she'd let me get more (which I did). Something about not getting reimbursed for mass quantities on BOGO sales.

I am glad for the limits and told her that because ever since the Extreme Couponing show in December, I've been reluctant to shop at RA at all because all I ever get are rainchecks and the products never come in (still waiting for the J&J Baby Wash and Desitin!). I've been told at 2 RA's that trucks haven't been coming in as much recently. She also told me that two ladies kept coming in every Sunday morning and loading their baskets full of free stuff (clearing two full endcaps one day she said!) and depleting her stock. She said after awhile she had enough and told them they couldn't do that anymore and had to leave product for others and said she hasn't seen them in there since (the other three stores are still cleared out so I'm assuming they still allow these two ladies to do this). These are the people that are making it difficult for average users of coupons like myself. They see it done on TV and think it's okay, but really it's just greedy, unnecessary, inconsiderate and unethical. If they spent a decent amount of time getting to know other couponers they would see this is the consensus to NOT shelf clear. Plus, limits like these and from manufacturer's will get worse and worse as more people shelf clear and take advantage of these deals.

As for the gang cutting, I buy multiple papers (usually about 10-12) and I do clip them together but usually also trim them. However, I'm definitely not cutting 50 coupons at once and I gave up on coupon services a long time ago (except for full inserts) because it's too expensive. Also, how can they say just because a coupon was cut a certain way they won't accept it? Seems like some shady action there that the legal profession should check into...I'm pretty sure a contract is a contract and manufacturer's still have to follow it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibleedart For This Useful Post: