UPDATE: What's The Refund Policy For Items Paid With +UPs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 10:01 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

jrewers has posted more than 50 good deals
UPDATE: What's the refund policy for items paid with +UPs?

I purchased some makeup for my daughter but I'm not sure she likes it. It hasn't been opened. I paid for it with $10 UPs. How does that work when I go to return it?

Thanks

UPDATE: I returned the makeup and got cash back, no problem. And to be honest, I informed the cashier that I received $3 UP because I purchased $10 worth of Maybelline makeup (that I'm now returning) so should I give the $3 UP to you or will you just deduct it from my refund. He said I get to keep it. Wow, that was unexpected. I love this Rite-Aid. It's a little farther to drive to than another one, but the other Rite-Aid has rude employees including the manager.

Last edited by jrewers; 03-19-2011 at 11:59 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrewers For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:09 AM

RE: UPDATE: What's the refund policy for items paid with +UPs?

lilianecc has posted more than 25 good deals
you only get the money you paid with cash or credit card, all the up rewards are gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to lilianecc For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
hazelannash has posted more than 200 great deals!hazelannash has posted more than 200 great deals!hazelannash has posted more than 200 great deals!
You should get a GC for the cost of the item, but YMMV.
The Following User Says Thank You to hazelannash For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:23 AM

Zeldo has posted more than 1 good deal
I work @ RA and honestly it depends on the Manager. Some will give cash and others treat it as using a giftcard on the purchase (IE you would get store credit back).
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeldo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 AM

beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Kiss the +ups goodbye. My stores will only refund the money paid. Check your receipt, you will see the +ups ring as a coupon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Just a NE Ohio Grandpa saving money.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to beemerphile1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 11:31 AM

Spice Up Your Lives!

My Mood/Status:
mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Well that sucks if they'll only give you back what you paid after UPS and coupons. People may not agree with this, but take it back without a receipt and just ask to exchange it. It's better than getting 10 cents for it, since the store will be getting the full value of the coupon regardless of whether you return it or not.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Most stores give you the after UP price if you ask for a refund. :'( I would take the receipt and ask for an exchange. I've never had a problem with a direct exchange before.
The Following User Says Thank You to Patalliro For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Mayflowergirl2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have only returned something once that I paid for with UPs. They put it on a giftcard, but I was prepared to negotiate with them if they were only going to give me back the pennies I paid cash. I was going to ask them if I could just exchange it. How could it be any skin off their nose if I give them back $5 of product and take something else worth $5 (or put the cost of the returned item towards the purchase of other items)?
Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I was given a full refund with the ups treated as cash. I told them that I paid with coupons and ups, but they told me tgat both were treated like cash when returning.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:11 PM

Got the ground beef rebate check...yay!

My Mood/Status:
SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've returned items paid with ups and they just gave me cash...looking back, I never even thought about the possibility that it wouldn't be that way.

I've been wondering what the policy is on things that PRODUCE ups...like say I bought $12 makeup and got $3UP for the purchase. How would that return go? Not so that I can mess them over, but just hoping I could still do a return for what I actually paid - the $3, you know?
Old 03-17-2011, 02:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
EleanorO has posted more than 150 good deals!EleanorO has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanika View Post
I was given a full refund with the ups treated as cash. I told them that I paid with coupons and ups, but they told me tgat both were treated like cash when returning.
Same with me. I had bought some face cream that didn't agree with my skin and they gladly took it back opened and partially used and refunded cash...I had paid with +Ups.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:39 AM

Life is good!
Loving married life <3

2014 YTD Savings: $25000
My Mood/Status:
sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have returned stuff several times after it scanned the wrong price and I didnt realize until transaction was over, mostly recently got charged 10.49 for Bounty paper towels I thought were on sale for 5.99 but I only paid 51 cents OOP. I have been refunded full price in cash each time but I think it pretty much depends on the manager in that store.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:43 AM

lilianecc has posted more than 25 good deals
I think mine is the most upset one,
Once the cashier scanned my Nivea body wash twice (which I only bought one) I only paid cash less than $1, all the other is paid by Up rewards.
After I got home found out and go back to argue, the manager said I didn't pay anything for those things and refuse to give me any money back.
And if I want my less than $1 cash, he said I need to return my whole transaction (which includes more than just Nivea body wash, I bought lots of things in that transaction)
They wouldn't give my money back even because it's their fault to scan the things twice! and the only reason is because UP reward can not exchange to cash!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:35 PM

camerondamon has posted more than 10 good deals
I have returned a few things. On each return I realized when I got home that the item didnt ring up for the right price and one time I had bought a SCR item, only to find out it was the wrong item. I have been refunded with gift cards and cash. I wouldnt be happy to be told that no return could be done because I paid with UPS!!!! If I was told "no", I would do what a PP said and just return the item with no receipt and get a gift card. I know this is an entirely different store, but at CVS, if you pay with ECBs and return the item, they put it on a giftcard. I dont see why the UPS would be any different. Good luck to those who have had trouble.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:55 PM

ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
My experience has been as others in this thread have posted: I got back the full value (plus tax) of the purchase on a card. It is not a gift card. The card says \"Merchandise Return Card\" in big letters right on the front. Ask for this card when you make a return of an item you bought with UPs. If you show the receipt and the store refuses to cooperate just go back when a different crew are on and this time with no receipt.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:59 PM

Feels like this yr is flying by

My Mood/Status:
xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Glad it worked out for you
Old 03-19-2011, 08:52 PM

nomnomcookies has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilianecc View Post
I think mine is the most upset one,
Once the cashier scanned my Nivea body wash twice (which I only bought one) I only paid cash less than $1, all the other is paid by Up rewards.
After I got home found out and go back to argue, the manager said I didn't pay anything for those things and refuse to give me any money back.
And if I want my less than $1 cash, he said I need to return my whole transaction (which includes more than just Nivea body wash, I bought lots of things in that transaction)
They wouldn't give my money back even because it's their fault to scan the things twice! and the only reason is because UP reward can not exchange to cash!
Did they at least give you another body wash to make up for the error?