Can Rite Aid Adjust A Coupon Down?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 03:47 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cbacallao has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cbacallao has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cbacallao has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cbacallao has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cbacallao has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cbacallao has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cbacallao has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Can Rite Aid adjust a coupon down?

For instance, if I was buying one Colgate Total for 2.99 and used a 2.00 UP Reward, and 1.00 Manuf. Q, can they adjust the 1.00 Manuf. Q down to .99?
The Following User Says Thank You to cbacallao For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:05 PM

RE: Can Rite Aid adjust a coupon down?

Spice Up Your Lives!

My Mood/Status:
mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Maybe. When I went, they just gave me the penny overage on the toothpaste and it went towards the tax. Is your RA giving you a hard time about overage? If it's a BIG MoneyMaker you might need something else to make up the difference. They might have a problem literally giving you money to take something.
The Following User Says Thank You to mgmve For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 04:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
If you hand the up reward first and then the Man coupon, the register will take them both no problem. Your subtotal will be -.01 and then tax will be added.
The Following User Says Thank You to samoroso For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 04:17 PM

back in love with couponing
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
according to their coupon policy they would deny the $2 UP. So you would have to use a filler to get you over the $2 amount so you could use it. They wouldn't adjust the value of the Q, because man Qs are given before UPs, they would just deny the UP.
The Following User Says Thank You to katieculpepper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samoroso View Post
If you hand the up reward first and then the Man coupon, the register will take them both no problem. Your subtotal will be -.01 and then tax will be added.
You can't really say no problem here, because that is very YMMV. Overage is not allowed per RA policly, your cashier could possibly get into trouble for doing that. Don't count on being allowed to do that, just use a filler. There are lots of cheap things at RA, or do bigger transactions where you aren't worried about 1 UP
Old 01-31-2011, 04:22 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
This is a YMMV issue, because we all know that each stores handle mq differently. I have 1 store that before they start to scan the q they print a receipt to match up to make sure they are not giving any overage. For instance, the $2 q for the Clairol Natural Instincts, they have some on clearance for $1.74, this store modified the q to $1.74 but at the next store they just scanned them.

But I believe it is just according to the rules that particular store may have
The Following User Says Thank You to curlyd1239 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 04:29 PM

ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
CVS can adjust down Extra Bucks but the three Rite Aids I frequent dont have that ability. And I always give UPs last, after Mfr Qs. So in case there is a problem with the Mfr Qs and they wont take them then I cancel the transaction before having my UPs scanned and killed.

Andres mint bars are 25 cents (less with discounts) and a great filler. And they are on sale now for 12 cents. They are on the bottom of the counter candy bins... green wrapper. I used to fill with the cherry creams - 33 cents and in a little box by checkout. After UPs my on RA Gift Card amount is invariably pennies.
The Following User Says Thank You to ccod5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 04:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!samoroso has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Ok, well then it's definitely a YMMV thing, because at my Rite Aid, they prefer I hand all ups first and then my man q's to aviod having ups that would potentially beep and then say already used later on...I've had ups that beeped before saying I needed to add so much more in order to use it, but I really didn't need to because my subtotal was still more than enough to cover it...
Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM

ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
To Me UPS are money.... cash. $1.00, $2.00, $4.00... whatever. In any transaction in a supermarket or drugstore, don\'t we always first reduce the sale total amount with Mfr Qs and then hand over the cash needed to pay off?

Using UPs first is dangerous. Say you are only buying a $25 something because you have a $10 Q and it is on $15 rebate to make it free. If you first present a $15 in UPs and then next your $10 Q what happens if the Mfq Q is no good (it happens!)? You are scarooged. The UPs have been scanned so they are killed. You now have to either make up for the $10 rejected Q with cash or more UPs. In either case you have paid $10 for an item you thought you would get free and didnt even want otherwise.

So think of UPs as money and present them after all other coupons. And you be the one who determines what chits are used first and in what order. I allow no store to tell me how to present Qs and other money off paper. Don\'t be bullied.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:04 PM

VitaLuna has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!VitaLuna has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!VitaLuna has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!VitaLuna has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!VitaLuna has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!VitaLuna has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!VitaLuna has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
They wouldn't allow it at my store... they don't allow a negative balance. The two items I grab as "fillers" are cow tails candy (25cents, or 20c with gold status), or Andes mints singles (only one store around me carries these, but they're 10 cents with gold status). Whenever my pre-tax total is $x.80 or above, I add a filler so I can use an extra up instead of paying that 80+ cents OOP.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:06 PM

yvonnev123 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!yvonnev123 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!yvonnev123 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!yvonnev123 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!yvonnev123 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!yvonnev123 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!yvonnev123 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!yvonnev123 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!yvonnev123 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I always pay with q's last. But you are right, I have screwed myself before. I pay with q's last cause it covers my tax and makes less out of pocket for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to yvonnev123 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 05:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
MofK2 has posted more than 200 great deals!MofK2 has posted more than 200 great deals!MofK2 has posted more than 200 great deals!
If you are at my RA, then it depends on the item. If it is an up bucks sale like you said, they would not adjust the price(this is one way to get mm at RA). But if it is a straight coupons they will. For instance, the Ace cold compacts were 1.29, and the coupon was 1.50, and so they adjusted the coupon.
The Following User Says Thank You to MofK2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonnev123 View Post
I always pay with q\'s last. But you are right, I have screwed myself before. I pay with q\'s last cause it covers my tax and makes less out of pocket for me.
I understand. I think the tax situation must vary by state. Because I live in MA and even if I have a fairly large transaction (say $30) with signficant gross tax (say $2), by the time the total purchase has been reduced with Qs and then UPs the tax is either Zero! or a few pennies. I think in MA retailers have to reduce the tax so it is on the net, not the gross, sale amount.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:48 PM

loves Rite Aid!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katieculpepper View Post
according to their coupon policy they would deny the $2 UP. So you would have to use a filler to get you over the $2 amount so you could use it. They wouldn't adjust the value of the Q, because man Qs are given before UPs, they would just deny the UP.
I always just grab a cheap filler. Normally a Cow Tale, Airhead or Andes mint. This is the best way to avoid going into the negative!
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepy832 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 PM

loves Rite Aid!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonnev123 View Post
I always pay with q's last. But you are right, I have screwed myself before. I pay with q's last cause it covers my tax and makes less out of pocket for me.
Their policy is not to allow you to pay tax with your coupons/UP rewards. You are allowed to use UPs and Manufacturer q's UP TO the selling price of the item.

If you pay tax with your manu or UP rewards then you are going ABOVE the selling price of the items with your q's and therefore breaking the policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoroso View Post
Ok, well then it's definitely a YMMV thing, because at my Rite Aid, they prefer I hand all ups first and then my man q's to aviod having ups that would potentially beep and then say already used later on...I've had ups that beeped before saying I needed to add so much more in order to use it, but I really didn't need to because my subtotal was still more than enough to cover it...

The reason the UPs will beep if you hand them last is because it eating into the tax. It tell you that you need a certain amount more. The little screen that you swipe your card in shows your total before tax your tax and then your new total INCLUDING tax.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy832 View Post
I always just grab a cheap filler. Normally a Cow Tale, Airhead or Andes mint. This is the best way to avoid going into the negative!
me too! Although a common filler I use is a Zero bar or two. When not on sale they are 70 cents with my 20% So I buy some ( .70, 1.40, 2.10) I can burn some UPs on them because my DH is obsessed with them and he is worth it! So if I was 41 cents from using an UP, I would buy 2, using 2 UPs, burning one extra, and having a very happy DH! And, just pay 1 penny oop!

Last edited by katieculpepper; 01-31-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy832 View Post
Their policy is not to allow you to pay tax with your coupons/UP rewards. You are allowed to use UPs and Manufacturer q's UP TO the selling price of the item.

If you pay tax with your manu or UP rewards then you are going ABOVE the selling price of the items with your q's and therefore breaking the policy.

The reason the UPs will beep if you hand them last is because it eating into the tax. It tell you that you need a certain amount more. The little screen that you swipe your card in shows your total before tax your tax and then your new total INCLUDING tax.
I know that ups won't cover tax and will beep if you try...that's not what I was saying. I was saying that I've had ups that beeped saying that I needed to add more, even though my subtotal was MORE than enough to cover the up going through. Just the other night, my subtotal was 1.99 and I was trying to pay with an up of 1.99 - the register wanted me to add .20 more sense - so for that reason, my store prefers ups first. And I've never had a problem with doing it that way.