New Update On Tp-one Per Transaction!!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 PM

RE: New update on tp-one per transaction!!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
off topic on the light bulbs they are just regular ones not the spiral dohicky ones? LOL
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
Ethel975 has posted more than 10 good deals
So glad I decided to check here before DH went to RA tonight. He wasn't real thrilled about going to begin with. I got some Sunday, so now I will just have to wait for the next awesome deal on TP and tissues, .
Old 01-19-2011, 11:33 AM

texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
As I stated on one of the Rite Aid threads, there are no Rite Aids where I live. But if there were, I would definitely stock up on the light bulbs. Congress passed a law that will make the incandescent bulbs illegal in 2012 and the last light bulb manufacturer in the United States closed a few months ago. I hate the CFL bulbs and will not use them. I would be stockpiling the light bulbs for sure.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to texasdee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
TennTeenMom has posted more than 10 good deals
3 ups

I bought 1 single roll and 1 tissue and received 2 ups. Then I bought 1 4roll and 1 single and received 1 ups at another store. When I went to the third store they only had the singles, so I purchased one and received no ups! I do understand that RA can't just continue to give tp away but set the limit up front in the future please.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 AM

toman5 has posted more than 5 good deals
I just went and bought 3 rolls only because there was a sign put up that stated 3UPS per household. I guess I wish that RA would have just began the sale with a limit say of 20 per household instead of deciding to do it midway through the week. I was so excited when I went today to see all the tps and then to see the sign. I was quickly disappointed. Bummer.
The Following User Says Thank You to toman5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 01:28 PM

Loving the warm sunshine

My Mood/Status:
MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MidlandsMomma has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
What?? No one wanting to build a light bulb wall??

I will be going for the light bulbs, I need some anyway.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Punkette!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Getting back to the coupon game after being away for awhile.
The Following User Says Thank You to MidlandsMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 02:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
hpck1969 has posted more than 100 good deals!hpck1969 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I just got my 3 free rolls...and am happy that I got them! Disappointed that I didn't get to donate a car load full to the food bank like I wanted to, but that is ok. I just wish there would have been some chili left! Ah-well, next time!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:49 PM

lovin' the weather!!
has finished my 2nd coupon binder!!!!

My Mood/Status:
lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lowride7 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I got 6 and only got $3 in ups, so I think the limit is 3. At least for me.

R.I.P. Dusty
and Dallas
The Following User Says Thank You to lowride7 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 02:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
superclipper has posted more than 100 good deals!superclipper has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4deals View Post
I am not doing the light bulbs either. We don't need them, and as a pp said, they are not the CFL ones, so I will pass. Hopefully we won't see the same situation as with the tp---couponers are not looking very pretty right now. B/c a few will be greedy it gives all of us a bad name. It's a shame.
I don't think it is fair to blame couponers for the toilet paper thing. It didn't invole a coupon, & anyone who read the ad could see it plainly said free right there for all to see. I think couponers purchased some also, but they didn't clear shelves by themselfs. I think anyone who regularly shops RA or even checks over their ad on Sunday could have picked out this deal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to superclipper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 03:27 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patalliro View Post
I also am not too interested in this deal but for a different reason. My power company gave me free CFLs in the mail and I still have 12 sitting in the closet. You girls/guys can have at it.
I agree with you, I qualified for 15 free CFLs from my power company.

Before I discovered the CFL bulbs I thought I needed to invest in GE stock because I was blowing bulbs left and right, I actually thought something was wrong with the wiring in my home, when RA had the CFL bulbs on sale last year for $1.50 and there were q for $1.25 and $1.50 I racked up then even though I had already begun to use the CFL bulbs and realized how much better they were. So the bulbs they have on sale next week, they can keep them, they don't have to worry about this girl rushing in to get them.

Now back to the TP deal, I was one of the lucky ones that got in on this early, I got 30 total from 3 diff stores on Sun (didn't know anything about the add'l $3 up wyb $10) but I got my $1 up for each one and on Mon I got 10 facial tissues and 11 rolls from another store, I got $10 ups and $3 up for the facial and only 9 $1 ups for the tp and I assume it is because I went over my limit but I'm not complaining and crying over a couple of $1 ups, I went in today and saw the stores and set limits of 3, so I got 3 more and got 3 ups so I'm satisfied.

The one thing I don't have to worry about is TP for a long time to come, I still have TP from when WAGs had the clearance 12 pk Charmin and 6 pk Quilted Northern and then RA had the good deals on the 12 double rolls of Quilted Northern all of this starting in 2009, so my TP wall is pretty well stocked for a while.

Last edited by curlyd1239; 01-19-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:02 PM

beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabrab View Post
...ADvertising is a legal contract, which is binding...
I don't want to be argumentative but thought I should mention that this is incorrect. I'm not a lawyer but I did study business law. An advertisement or even the price marked on an item is considered an "invitation for offers". Meaning if you offer that amount the store will probably accept but is not obligated to accept the advertised price.

Whenever a business does not accept an advertised deal they can create a firestorm of bad publicity but they are not legally obligated to honor the advertisement. Many businesses will honor even misprinted ads just to maintain good customer reputation.

If feel bad for those that missed out on this deal. We scored 12 four packs and 30 single rolls over several shopping trips on Sunday and Monday. I guess we were lucky.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 PM

beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdee View Post
...Congress passed a law that will make the incandescent bulbs illegal in 2012...
Not exactly true, incandescent lamps will be around for a long time to come. You will have to purchase specialty lamps rather than the plain janes that many people buy today.

This phase out of existing technology incandescent bulbs will start with:

* the 100 watt bulb on 1/1/2012;
* the 75 watt bulb on 1/1/2013; and
* the 60 watt and 40 watt bulbs on 1/1/2014.

The following incandescent bulbs are exempt from the phased law requiring 30% increase in "general service incandescent lamp" efficiency by 2012:

The term `general service incandescent lamp' does not include the following incandescent lamps:
1. (I) Appliance lamp (e.g. refrigerator or oven light)
2. (II) Black light lamp.
3. (III) Bug lamp.
4. (IV) Colored lamp.
5. (V) Infrared lamp.
6. (VI) Left-hand thread lamp.
7. (VII) Marine lamp.
8. (VIII) Marine signal service lamp.
9. (IX) Mine service lamp.
10. (X) Plant light lamp.
11. (XI) Reflector lamp.
12. (XII) Rough service lamp.
13. (XIII) Shatter-resistant lamp (including a shatter-proof lamp and a shatter-protected lamp).
14. (XIV) Sign service lamp.
15. (XV) Silver bowl lamp.
16. (XVI) Showcase lamp.
17. (XVII) 3-way incandescent lamp.
18. (XVIII) Traffic signal lamp.
19. (XIX) Vibration service lamp.
20. (XX) Globe shaped G lamp (as defined in ANSI C78.20-2003 and C79.1-2002 with a diameter of 5 inches or more.
21. (XXI) T shape lamp (as defined in ANSI C78.20-2003 and C79.1-2002) and that uses not more than 40 watts or has a length of more than 10 inches.
22. (XXII) A B, BA, CA, F, G16-1/2, G-25, G30, S, or M-14 lamp (as defined in ANSI C79.1-2002 and ANSI C78.20-2003) of 40 watts or less.
23. (XXIII) Candelabra incandescent and other lights not having a medium Edison screw base.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beemerphile1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 PM

nuts4deals has posted more than 150 good deals!nuts4deals has posted more than 150 good deals!
At one RA I went to today, they had signs up saying that the tp/tissue deal was limited to 1 per household. I went up front with 3 (b/c I knew the limit was 3) and they refused to ring up more than 1 (and there were about 20 4 rollpacks there---so I know it wasn't that they were trying to "conserve" stock--which I found weird b/c I was VERY surprised they even had any). No matter what I said, they would not ring up all 3. I finally got disgusted and told them I would take my business to a RA that wanted it while following RA's limits. NOW I know why they had 20+ packs of the 4 roll!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to nuts4deals For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Dianaj64 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Dianaj64 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Dianaj64 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Dianaj64 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Dianaj64 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Dianaj64 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Dianaj64 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Dianaj64 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Dianaj64 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My RA is limiting it to 1 also, but you can buy as many as you want. So, I thought I would try 3 and guess what? Only 1 ups printed. I tried this twice and same thing, so don't feel bad. They must be able to program their own computers or it would have given me 3 each time. Oh well...
Old 01-21-2011, 07:59 PM

holy coupons batman!

crosswindsfarm has posted more than 75 good deals!
Went yesterday, got 3 because there was a limit 3 sign & got my got ups. Went today to a different ra & they had a limit 3 sign also, so thinking it was a per trip/person limit, I grabbed 3 and didn't get any ups. Wish i'd checked on here before my trip
Old 01-21-2011, 10:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerphile1 View Post
Not exactly true, incandescent lamps will be around for a long time to come. You will have to purchase specialty lamps rather than the plain janes that many people buy today.
Hopefully. I dislike the newer screw light bulbs. They bother my eyes and give me headaches. If you haven't guessed this whole phase out is a way for them to make money off of saving the environment. The new light bulbs may save you money but some cost 15 dollars each! That's alot of money. I would rather buy a 4 pk for 1.00 or get the freebies at RA. rolleyes2:

Last edited by frogprincess; 01-21-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
sylverstarz17 has posted more than 200 great deals!sylverstarz17 has posted more than 200 great deals!sylverstarz17 has posted more than 200 great deals!
My only problem with the CFLs is that it's near impossible to find some small enough for some of our fixtures. The little screw in stem parts are so much longer than normal lightbulbs, so they don't fit in a lot of our globes or else we have to go to some specialty store and pay $10+ for a bulb
Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!courtneydmartin21 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
In the original transaction i bought 35 single rolls, and 10 boxes of tissues. tonight i went to do transaction for my bf (bc i kept putting it off grrrrrr shouldve done it all in 1 shot) and signs said 1 per household, but i asked and was told 3. now he is a total bachelor (never has any tissue), so i keep tissue in my purse (smh ) so i did the 3 and im gonna use the $3ups on more tissue.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
myfab5 has posted more than 300 great deals!myfab5 has posted more than 300 great deals!myfab5 has posted more than 300 great deals!myfab5 has posted more than 300 great deals!
So 3 it is. Will pick up my 3 and clear the shelf if they are the last 3 there. Maaaan couponing is so much fun!
with

and

Tags
rite aid