Glucose Testing Strips...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 07:26 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Morgan Hemlock

sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Glucose testing strips...

Does anyone know of any deals or coupons out there in which I can attain free testing strips??

My supply just ran low and I am looking at a $50 charge here D:

I'm just asking - if the post is inappropriate sorry.
[u]I AM TRADING BOX TOPS FOR COUPONS! PM me for details! See my blog (on AFC) for more details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![u]
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:20 AM

RE: Glucose testing strips...

is lost somewhere in her stockpile.....
CVS-aholic

mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
It's very rare to find an actual 'deal' on the testing strips. You can find deals on the meters pretty frequently b/c the company knows that once you have their meter, you have to buy their strips to use with it. It's kind of like how we can often get free or super-cheap razors, but the blades are quite expensive. Sometimes there are coupons available to get like $10 or $20 off of test strips (Bayer often has $20 coupons out - I think for the 100 ct which retails around $100 but not completely sure if the coupon is only good for the 100 ct or not).

Here's the thing - if you really need the strips (obviously you do) you might find it advantageous to take advantage of certain free/cheap meter deals when you are able to. The Bayer Contour USB meter comes with 25 strips in the box (I believe the Bayer Didget meter also comes w/ 25 strips) - whenever you can spot a deal that makes it free (or just tax in some areas) you might want to jump on it and get several so you can get the free strips. I know lots of people that do this kind of thing since they are so expensive. You could also try posting in the trading area of this site stating that you need/use the strips and asking if anyone has extras in their stockpile (since many couponers do the deals for the meters and then aren't sure what to actually DO with them once they get them). Sometimes people will offer up the strips from inside the boxes for very cheap or perhaps just for you to pay shipping.

People also sell strips on eBay. I don't know much about it but it might be something you'd like to look into.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsfloyd For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2010, 07:33 AM

tallhope has posted more than 10 good deals
Walgreens still has the Contour USB/Didget meters on sale for $9.99 & there's a $10 coupon available in the Diabetes magazine located at their RX waiting area. They both have the 25ct. strips included w/meter. HTH
Old 12-22-2010, 09:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have never seen coupons or deals on test strips. There should be some though considering how expensive and necessary they are to diabetics

Only seen the coupons on the meters that usually come with a pack of strips with it.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mammajohnson has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
My doctor was able to write me a prescription for the strips and I only pay the co-pay. Do you have this option? I know they are very expensive. I wish I still had some of my meters because I would certainly send you the strips; however, I donated all of mine to the local Diabetes Association office. And then a month later found out I have gestational diabetes. Perhaps contacting your local Diabetes office could help? I'm just trying to think of any possibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wifey to DH (5 yrs)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mommy to DS (7)
and DD (4)
and DD (18 mos)
Old 12-22-2010, 12:06 PM

is lost somewhere in her stockpile.....
CVS-aholic

mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammajohnson View Post
My doctor was able to write me a prescription for the strips and I only pay the co-pay. Do you have this option? I know they are very expensive. I wish I still had some of my meters because I would certainly send you the strips; however, I donated all of mine to the local Diabetes Association office. And then a month later found out I have gestational diabetes. Perhaps contacting your local Diabetes office could help? I'm just trying to think of any possibility.
Yeah, if you have insurance it does lower the cost, as long as you get whichever brand your particular insurance company 'approves' of (some companies will only cover certain brands). If you don't have insurance, you can check to see if you might qualify for Medicaid or other government medical assistance, although I have no idea what kind of coverage they might have for diabetic supplies, and I'm certain you'd need a prescription for it to be covered.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:28 PM

Morgan Hemlock

sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My insurance changes on 1/15/11 and they will give me the strips for a cheaper price when I buy it straight from them.

I was just looking for some deals to hold me over until then.

Thank you for the information on the Diabetes Association - I didn't know thing like that existed D:! I wonder if they will help me though b/c I am hypoglycemic (the opposite). I will have to look if there are any in the area that can help me.

The deal I did the most was probably the Bayer USB contour one.

My previous one was stolen so when I saw the post here on the free deal I was like O_O! Since that would give me enough strips to hold me over and a replacemnt no coding needed meter (since those suck so much )

Someone here told me of a site Western Diabetic that actually has really good prices too.

Thank you for all of the replies !
[u]I AM TRADING BOX TOPS FOR COUPONS! PM me for details! See my blog (on AFC) for more details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![u]