Great Toy Money Maker......

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM

RE: Great toy money maker......

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyslh View Post
btw toys r us had this morning the small lala loopsie dolls for 9.99
We have a TRU that gets stock earlier than most of the country - I think because of the port. I paid 5.99 for them a month ago. I wonder why they are so much more in store now?

And to stoke the flames of drama...

Shelf clearing for charity does bother me to a degree as it's a lie. Because it's not 'charity' if you are making MM off of it, you're clearing shelves for the MM and donating what you don't want. It's like me buying a shirt on a hanger and donating the hanger - it doesn't make me a saint, it's self serving. By clearing shelves you are denying other local families products that you don't want but that they may have a genuine need for (for example the meters and test strips), families who may have wanted the hanger and didn't care about the shirt. Because you want the MM. And you've left them with more expensive alternatives, or to rely on the charity you're supporting. There's nothing charitable or neighborly about that. You're essentially getting paid to take goods from the store to the donation bin.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melancholywings For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 06:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
qtxann315 has posted more than 150 good deals!qtxann315 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Ok I've been watching this thread for a while, seems like people are such Grinch lately because of this MM deal. Anyway, you are comparing apples to oranges. We didn't leave them an "expensive alternative" when you can go and buy it for the same price at dollar tree. Do not compare something a person needs, such as "test strips" to puzzles and toys. No one truly NEEDS puzzles and figurines, it's a stocking stuffer for the kids, and like many people on this forum said, you can get it from the dollar tree. I was one of the people who brought 30 of them and there were about 80 left of figurines, but when I went back in the afternoon someone cleared it. I'm not upset, it's a first come first serve basis. People are not trying to cover their shelf clearing with charity. We are trying to say hey, it's not going to waste, so instead of letting the puzzles and figurines sit in the house for a year, we are doing a good cause and donating it children in need. Yes we had money maker on the products, and that was great, but just know we're not robbing any one of anything and we are thoughtful in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholywings View Post
We have a TRU that gets stock earlier than most of the country - I think because of the port. I paid 5.99 for them a month ago. I wonder why they are so much more in store now?

And to stoke the flames of drama...

Shelf clearing for charity does bother me to a degree as it's a lie. Because it's not 'charity' if you are making MM off of it, you're clearing shelves for the MM and donating what you don't want. It's like me buying a shirt on a hanger and donating the hanger - it doesn't make me a saint, it's self serving. By clearing shelves you are denying other local families products that you don't want but that they may have a genuine need for (for example the meters and test strips), families who may have wanted the hanger and didn't care about the shirt. Because you want the MM. And you've left them with more expensive alternatives, or to rely on the charity you're supporting. There's nothing charitable or neighborly about that. You're essentially getting paid to take goods from the store to the donation bin.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qtxann315 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2010, 07:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapchef2 View Post
Lucky You! None of my stores have tape and I really need that. My kids go through tape like you wouldn't believe... I never seem to have a roll around! I was hoping to get like 20 to keep me stocked for the next two days
Not that it matters now, but I found tape hanging on an endcap in the Christmas isle in two stores today. I never even thought to look there for the tape - I could have really gone crazy if it were still last week. I'm glad I wasn't tempted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Patalliro For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 11:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melancholywings has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtxann315 View Post
Ok I've been watching this thread for a while, seems like people are such Grinch lately because of this MM deal. Anyway, you are comparing apples to oranges. We didn't leave them an "expensive alternative" when you can go and buy it for the same price at dollar tree. Do not compare something a person needs, such as "test strips" to puzzles and toys. No one truly NEEDS puzzles and figurines, it's a stocking stuffer for the kids, and like many people on this forum said, you can get it from the dollar tree. I was one of the people who brought 30 of them and there were about 80 left of figurines, but when I went back in the afternoon someone cleared it. I'm not upset, it's a first come first serve basis. People are not trying to cover their shelf clearing with charity. We are trying to say hey, it's not going to waste, so instead of letting the puzzles and figurines sit in the house for a year, we are doing a good cause and donating it children in need. Yes we had money maker on the products, and that was great, but just know we're not robbing any one of anything and we are thoughtful in the process.
I don't believe I am comparing apples to oranges, i'm calling an orange an orange and not sugar coating it. Because the intent behind it is all the same. If it's a MM on toys, diapers, wheel chairs, or oreo's - there are some who will clear the shelf for the MM and donate what they don't want. Then they say to the effect of - 'it's ok to clear the shelf because I'm giving my cast off's to those in need. I deserve the MM because I'm such a charitable person.' If it's really being done for charity why not roll the MM into another needed product and donate that as well?

I think charity work is very important, and I think it's wonderful to give. And I think buying 30 when there's 80 on the shelf doesn't make you a shelf clearer. But financially profiting off of charity work isn't saintly. It's working the system to your advantage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melancholywings For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 01:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
This is ridiculous, this thread needs to be removed the deal is over, we are all here to get good deals/make money/whatever; we all just do it in our own way. Everyone can have their opinion, but it's getting a bit personal now, I think this should be moved to gripes, groans and rants, or whatever its called. People are going to do what they want regardless of what anyone else things about shelf clearing or giving things away. The deal is dead and this entire RA forum(along with my email, ) is getting clogged up by something that belongs elsewhere. It's great that we all are expressing our thoughts about deals and shelf clearing, but the fact is if you want something go get it, don't count on someone to leave one on the shelf because they might think that you "desperatly can't live with out that item and badly need it" or they may not realize that some child out there is going to br sad because their parent did'nt get to the .74 cent toy first; RA doesn't have enough stock for that and there are many other shoppers besides us couponers that buy things from RA. Let's all move on.....
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bdavis4 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
qtxann315 has posted more than 150 good deals!qtxann315 has posted more than 150 good deals!
You need to understand this is a first come first serve kind of deal. If you don't get it and if someone else clears the shelf, there is nothing you can do about it. I don't think anyone said that charity justify anything. We are saying that since we have a money maker, let's not waste the items we brought and donate it. I believe we are doing something that is beneficial to the community, either it is a money maker or not. It's is an added benefit to the MM, would you rather us throw it out instead? We are saying Coupon clippers and charity benefits from it, not one makes the other one right.

Let's enjoy the holidays please. And close this thread, Whrere are the administrators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholywings View Post
I don't believe I am comparing apples to oranges, i'm calling an orange an orange and not sugar coating it. Because the intent behind it is all the same. If it's a MM on toys, diapers, wheel chairs, or oreo's - there are some who will clear the shelf for the MM and donate what they don't want. Then they say to the effect of - 'it's ok to clear the shelf because I'm giving my cast off's to those in need. I deserve the MM because I'm such a charitable person.' If it's really being done for charity why not roll the MM into another needed product and donate that as well?

I think charity work is very important, and I think it's wonderful to give. And I think buying 30 when there's 80 on the shelf doesn't make you a shelf clearer. But financially profiting off of charity work isn't saintly. It's working the system to your advantage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qtxann315 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 PM

loves Rite Aid!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepy832 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis4 View Post
This is ridiculous, this thread needs to be removed the deal is over, we are all here to get good deals/make money/whatever; we all just do it in our own way. Everyone can have their opinion, but it's getting a bit personal now, I think this should be moved to gripes, groans and rants, or whatever its called. People are going to do what they want regardless of what anyone else things about shelf clearing or giving things away. The deal is dead and this entire RA forum(along with my email, ) is getting clogged up by something that belongs elsewhere. It's great that we all are expressing our thoughts about deals and shelf clearing, but the fact is if you want something go get it, don't count on someone to leave one on the shelf because they might think that you "desperatly can't live with out that item and badly need it" or they may not realize that some child out there is going to br sad because their parent did'nt get to the .74 cent toy first; RA doesn't have enough stock for that and there are many other shoppers besides us couponers that buy things from RA. Let's all move on.....
Go BDavis! Do you think if I cuss in the thread we could get it moved so it can go to gripes etc or controversy corner, where I am SURE it will get interesting?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sleepy832 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 09:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bdavis4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy832 View Post
Go BDavis! Do you think if I cuss in the thread we could get it moved so it can go to gripes etc or controversy corner, where I am SURE it will get interesting?
I was wishing maybe rude sarcasm would work!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdavis4 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 10:13 PM

10/19 SS Complete Insert. PM Me For Prices
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
wow, I am so surprised that the the controversy, still continues. I would have thought by now that the mods would have closed this thread. Anyway, Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you!!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to couponaddicted For This Useful Post: