$10 Aveeno Rebate Rejected!!!!!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 AM

RE: $10 Aveeno rebate rejected!!!!!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Can't Stop Shopping

My Mood/Status:
CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyDee View Post
I got a reply from them this morning. The reason mine was rejected was because I purchased a "bonus pack" and the UPC wasn't recognised. The bonus pack had a lotion or something attached and was wrapped in plastic and had a different UPC to the normal product. Maybe this was the case with some of you too.

They said my check was mailed on 14th so hopefully it should arrive any day now...
I bought the bonus pack also but I took the bonus part off and wrote what was on the bottle because I didn't want any issues. I got my $10 as well as my mom and BF. Still waiting on my neutrogena though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GOTTA HAVE COUPS !!!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!curlyd1239 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well halleluja, I got my $20 Aveeno rebate in the mail yesterday and still waiting on the $10 one, this really discourages me from ever doing another rebate with this company.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!MVPMOM has posted more than 400 great deals!
Hi everyone... I just wanted to add a little bit of information about the rebates (no matter the company). I know a lot of people are very upset about their denials and stated that they will never purchase a particular brand again. I would be very upset also.

However most of the time the company (brand) themselves do not process the rebates. They go to a third party company who bids for the contract to process the rebates. My ex-husband works for one of these companies. They get some guidelines sent in for each promotion and they are to follow them. If the guidelines are not clear they can interpret them however they see best. They very rarely communicate with the company who makes the products directly. So, sad to say, lots of things happen. And we the customer don't have anyone to contact directly. We call customer service for teh brand and they have no clue what to do or who to contact.

They may process one rebate promotion that says the total spent must be before coupons and then the next month process a promotion that coupons don't matter. And most of the time they are processing several promotions at once. So confusion happens and mass letter get sent out... all kinds of things. And of course some companies (brands and processors) are just wrong and dishonest.

None of this is our fault, but sometimes it isn't the brand but the compnay they hire to process their rebates. My guess is if Aveeno has gotten this many complaints, the company that processes their rebates will lose their contract. And if they do process them in house (which I doubt) they will now hire a company to do them...

Sorry for such a long post, but just wanted to share.

Good luck getting your rebates!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to MVPMOM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2010, 09:30 AM

just...

My Mood/Status:
SaucyDee has posted more than 200 great deals!SaucyDee has posted more than 200 great deals!SaucyDee has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPMOM View Post
And if they do process them in house (which I doubt) they will now hire a company to do them...
I'm guessing this one wasn't done in house as the email address they gave us to use the domain was encompass elements.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 PM

It isn't a STOCKPILE if you're selling it.
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I appreciate hearing everyones input, especially the ones that have knowledge on the inner workings of the rebate companies.

I see your posts and agree however J&J (owns Aveeno right?) has a history of not paying rebates from what my research shows.
I guess thats why I am so comfy ending my relationship with them.

Lets face the facts too, without you all (AFC) I would still be sitting here upset. The only reason I am even possibly getting resolution is because of you all.
What about the folks that dont get on the net for whatever reason.

J&J need to fix this problem not just oil us squeaky wheels.
The Following User Says Thank You to couponwannabee For This Useful Post: