Free Candy

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 01:19 PM

RE: Free Candy

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Daphne16 has posted more than 200 great deals!Daphne16 has posted more than 200 great deals!Daphne16 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAYAREACLIPPER View Post
Why would you return it when they gave you what was advertised? I really dont think you should return it. It will just make you look bad for future shopping.

I got so excited I found a toothbrush, I forgot to use my 10.00 Q at CVS. I ate the cost because it was my fault. I dont think it is fair for you to return it because you didnt get the 2.00 UP (not advertised). You win some, you lose some and I have lost a lot, but still learning.

If I were you, I would take it as a lesson learned. I only tested it with 2 bags yesterday and only got the 1.00 UP. I will not be returning them.
You can return them. I have bought things at other stores and returned them later even though they were on sale. It is called changing your mind. People are finicky that way.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2010, 01:23 PM

greendaisy has posted more than 50 good deals
I bought Swedish fish and tootsie roll pops that were on sale 2/$5.00 and get an $1+UP, but only got the $1 +UP here in TN. It is Saturday though. They probably fixed it. Those were the only candies left so maybe it worked here yesterday. I am kicking myself for not reading this post earlier.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:33 PM

greendaisy has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne16 View Post
You can return them. I have bought things at other stores and returned them later even though they were on sale. It is called changing your mind. People are finicky that way.
People just have to remember that when they return food items that those food items cannot be resold and are trashed or destoyed somehow. I returned candy once that I bought for a birthday party and did not use. I was told after the transaction was done that the product could not be resold due to safety issues because malicious people could tamper with it.

Deal did not work for me either as I mentioned earlier. I won't rreturn.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greendaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 01:54 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Wednesday has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaisy View Post
People just have to remember that when they return food items that those food items cannot be resold and are trashed or destoyed somehow. I returned candy once that I bought for a birthday party and did not use. I was told after the transaction was done that the product could not be resold due to safety issues because malicious people could tamper with it.

I found that out too, sad that it has come to this.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:33 PM

BAYAREACLIPPER has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BAYAREACLIPPER has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BAYAREACLIPPER has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BAYAREACLIPPER has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BAYAREACLIPPER has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BAYAREACLIPPER has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BAYAREACLIPPER has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BAYAREACLIPPER has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BAYAREACLIPPER has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:

So true. Couponing is about getting deals, but remember, you will some and lose some. The store will not get the money back if you return a food item. Now if the deal worked, would you return them?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAYAREACLIPPER For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 02:54 PM

gnc929 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
you win some and lose some...
Agree!

In situations like this, you try the Deal at your own risk. I believe you should be prepared for the deal not working as it has been rumored to work. It's not the same as an advertised deal not working.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gnc929 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 03:35 PM

IQdoU

My Mood/Status:
JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnc929 View Post
Agree!

In situations like this, you try the Deal at your own risk. I believe you should be prepared for the deal not working as it has been rumored to work. It's not the same as an advertised deal not working.
agree as well....I went on friday and got 10 bags and got 5 $1 ups back and figured oh well. Didn't really upset me too much...i still got a deal on it...I had gotten 4 bags the night before that was a $2 MM and 10 the following day that cost me $15 OOP so all told it was $13 for 14 bags of candy...still a good deal.
The Following User Says Thank You to JArble For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 03:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
Daphne16 has posted more than 200 great deals!Daphne16 has posted more than 200 great deals!Daphne16 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:

I never knew that, I thought it was destroyed only if opened. Good to know. Thanks
Old 10-09-2010, 08:46 PM

gnc929 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne16 View Post
I never knew that, I thought it was destroyed only if opened. Good to know. Thanks
I am also under the impression that only perishable goods are destroyed. I'm pretty sure that if I return a can of green beans, that a store can restock the item. However, if I buy a bunch of fresh green beans and return them, a store cannot restock them.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:14 PM

excited about Mega Sale 7/13!

My Mood/Status:
Candice88 has posted more than 200 great deals!Candice88 has posted more than 200 great deals!Candice88 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnc929 View Post
I am also under the impression that only perishable goods are destroyed. I'm pretty sure that if I return a can of green beans, that a store can restock the item. However, if I buy a bunch of fresh green beans and return them, a store cannot restock them.
At my retail store we have to destroy any food items that are returned, opened or not. We had a lady buy 20 Sobe Lifewaters today, then come back about 5 minutes later to return them because "she thought they were gatorade". We had to destroy all of them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living and loving with my SO and our wonderful puppy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candice88 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 10:52 PM

about to go shopping again!

My Mood/Status:
brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
i got the werthers and it produced the $2 but the deal is dead now since last night.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 PM

wonders how I survived without coupons

My Mood/Status:
alexysmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!alexysmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!alexysmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!alexysmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!alexysmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!alexysmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!alexysmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!alexysmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!alexysmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I worked in retail almost all my life, and I can guarantee you the store will get reimbursed for that candy regardless of whether they can resell it or not. Even the stuff that gets returned that can not be sold, they can get their money back for.

That being said, I would not return it just because you didn't get the deal that wasn't even advertised. Next time return it immediately, do not leave the store with it. Like some said, you were taking a chance buying it, considering it was a deal that wasn't even supposed to be, and could end at any second.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexysmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2010, 01:27 AM

back in love with couponing
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!katieculpepper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
keep in mind also, if you chose to return, corporate policy says you ONLY GET OOP! That includes Man Qs and UPs! Their policy says you get nothing back. Carrie from RiteAid.com CS( who I believe is high on the food chain there, not just a CSR) has been telling anyone who emails her that is the case. Some might talk a mgr into putting something onto a GC or returning scanned UPs., but its a no through corporate.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gwlapw has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Why would you return it when they gave you what was advertised? I really dont think you should return it. It will just make you look bad for future shopping.

I got so excited I found a toothbrush, I forgot to use my 10.00 Q at CVS. I ate the cost because it was my fault. I dont think it is fair for you to return it because you didnt get the 2.00 UP (not advertised). You win some, you lose some and I have lost a lot, but still learning.

If I were you, I would take it as a lesson learned. I only tested it with 2 bags yesterday and only got the 1.00 UP. I will not be returning them.
I agree.. it kills me to see any food wasted.. especially candy! teehee!