How Does Rite Aid Get Reimbursed Up Rewards?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 06:53 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Luvpurses88 has posted more than 50 good deals
how does rite aid get reimbursed up rewards?

Does anyone know how rite aid get reimbursed up rewards? Everytime I use them they make it feel like I'm stealing. Does the store lose out on the money or does the rite aid company pay the store? When I use a manufacture coupon they don't mind it's only the ups for some reason so im curious. Thanks!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2013, 02:01 AM

RE: how does rite aid get reimbursed up rewards?

My Mood/Status:
jm898 has posted more than 100 good deals!jm898 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I don't think they really "lose" money when an item has ups it's more or less a sale for that item like the sinful nail polish spend 1.99 get 1.99 back it's a reward program they use and an advertising strategy to get people into their stores if anything they probably make money off people who buy the item with intentions of using the reward later but then forgetting and then they expire I imagine there's a lot of that out there.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:46 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
All indications are that the Ups work much the same way mfr coupons do, that the store receives reimbursement from the mfr for any Ups redeemed. The actual amount of reimbursement may not be the actual amount of the Ups but that would be worked out between RA and the mfr before the promotion is run and I doubt that individual stores are privy to the deals struck between RA corp and mfrs.

In fact one of the things that was stressing the manager out in my trxn today was that manually entering the Ups as a lump sum might null their ability to receive compensation from the mfr. My strong suspicion is that it wouldnt, that receipt logs are only recalled when there is a reason to suspect fraudulent redemption of rewards (like Wags has been accused of doing).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:37 AM

Need a great sale on coffee...
I never sleep...

My Mood/Status:
Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
All indications are that the Ups work much the same way mfr coupons do, that the store receives reimbursement from the mfr for any Ups redeemed. The actual amount of reimbursement may not be the actual amount of the Ups but that would be worked out between RA and the mfr before the promotion is run and I doubt that individual stores are privy to the deals struck between RA corp and mfrs.

In fact one of the things that was stressing the manager out in my trxn today was that manually entering the Ups as a lump sum might null their ability to receive compensation from the mfr. My strong suspicion is that it wouldnt, that receipt logs are only recalled when there is a reason to suspect fraudulent redemption of rewards (like Wags has been accused of doing).
+Ups are worked out before the deal is made up into a flyer for us to oogle (up to a month prior to actual sale date ). +UPs are no different than going to the grocery store during a sale, but instead of instant credit, they play the wait and see game: "Let's wait and see if they remember to use that $1 +UP!" Because just like a coupon, if the "rewards" expire before you can use it the Manufacturer doesn't have to pay that money to drug stores and yes, the drug store will be out that money, which is why most don't take expired anything after a certain period of time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Help out your fellow couponers and let them know about your great deals at your local store!
The Following User Says Thank You to Winchweasel For This Useful Post: