Did RA Corp Forget A Memo To Like EVERYONE??

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 04:37 AM
ISO LOTION ACTUALS TRADES
Piffin' Princess

My Mood/Status:
Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Riteaid Did RA Corp forget a memo to like EVERYONE??

So RA changed their website. I kinda like it now that I got the hang of it. The pharmacy is a mess but I'll get used to it. Anyhow, you all know they have digital coupons right? You press a button and poof it loads to your card. Kinda like Shoprite. These are NOT the VV coupons, though they stack. These are the same mfr q's you can print and get in newspapers. You all know this? Right? So if you forget a q or need four and have three, viola l2c coupon to the rescue. Lot's of us have been using them for the Playtex MM since we already burned all our prints for $5/1 and that loads at least twice btw. It works even if you are paying with UPS. They come off your receipt at the site of the item not at the end like UPS.

CS does not know this. The big manager at my store, she is a regional or district I think, she had NO CLUE. This became an issue when the Dove q's did not come off. So I ended up with a second card. Then the Garnier BB $2/1 didn't come off and I got no help because not one single person at RA knows what I am talking about. I mean no idea.

So I come home, print my list of digital coupons showing what was still loaded. Wrote on the Axe one why it didn't come off, I had a paper q. I go back and that big manager looked at me like I had three heads. She finally got it and post couponed my paper q. They cannot force the digital coupons and as I said CS doesn't even know they exist neither does the managers nor any store employee at all.

So now I have two cards one gold both with tracking and ups all scattered and can't really combine them until the hard card gets here. I have a paper temp card. I think we are gonna give that one to the DH since he gets my prescriptions all the time.

So now why didn't these coupons work? I actually have the answer despite the twilight zone of NO ONE KNOWING these exist.

The dove shower tool I bought was a bonus pack. It had some shampoo attached for me. The shower gel had free deodorant attached. This changes the UPC in some way that the digital coupon does not recognize it. Now, I would think I am crazy too UNTIL....I bought this Garnier BB. The first box in the row was ratty. I reached back and got a new box. SAME product, just a little different and newer packaging. It changed something. It is called the same thing, the product inside is the same but something made it not trigger the l2c coupon. Now all three items I had paper q's for and they did not beep. It was the correct item and the paper q recognized it but the l2c coupon didn't. So uh just a fyi. If it is in anyway NOT the UPC or exact exact!!! package it will not trigger the coupon.

Being all scientific and all I am going to go back and buy the old style box today. Just to double triple check myself here. It should cost me $.80 plus tax for the BB so it's not an expensive test . If the L2C coupon comes off then I know I am right with evidence as opposed to conjecture. If not I am lost and have no clue what foul magic is afoot !

So...anyone else run into this weird twilight zone????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darkfire For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 05:02 AM

RE: Did RA Corp forget a memo to like EVERYONE??

Just checking the deals!

My Mood/Status:
BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Darkfire, you are the bomb! Did not know any of this, but you can bet your bottom dollar I will run straight to the "twilight zone"! The two RA I visit are, to be nice, not very coupon friendly, don't know their own coupon policy, not to mention they frequently seem to never have the sales items on stock. You know the story goes like this: "Good morning! I'm looking for such and such items on sale starting today and can't find them." These have been some of the answers I've gotten.

1) We don't sell that!
2) It's not on sale
3) The item shown on the picture is the wrong one

and my personal favorite, which is told to me 99% of the time:

4) The item(s) did not come on the truck! (Bad that truck!)

So my visits to RA are not as frequent as I would like, but now I might just start going more, just to see as this develops. You have made my day!

Sorry, I don't have paypal!
The Following User Says Thank You to BargainSeeker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 AM

Piffin' Princess

My Mood/Status:
Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Darkfire has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
My personal favorite. "What is shown on the website is not in every store." When I am showing them their weekly ad, not their website store. I just get that -am i speaking english- look....I cannot help it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:42 AM

tried to stay away...but the deals are too good!
Coupon Ninja

My Mood/Status:
daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I like how my favorite store, which is very tiny btw, gets in new products but another much bigger RA gets nothing!

I love coupons!
The Following User Says Thank You to daised For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The l2c coupons had always been flakey. Come off when they shouldnt, dont come off when they should. One of the biggest enemies at the register is flakey crap that causes me not to know my end total. I always have it figured exactly correct so that I never pay more OOP than necessary since RA cant reduce Ups for payment. So I stopped using them.

I was under the impression that they had somewhat stabilized so I did the Playtex ones. Those worked fine.

You are probably correct about the bonus sizes causing issues. RA is lazy about the programming and rarely includes those in Ups deals, it wouldnt surprise me if they were left out of coupon programming as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 AM

IHateDrama has posted more than 150 good deals!IHateDrama has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire View Post
My personal favorite. "What is shown on the website is not in every store." When I am showing them their weekly ad, not their website store. I just get that -am i speaking english- look....I cannot help it.
Some stores do not carry every item in the ad. Smaller stores have a spot for about 80% of all advertised items but have no room for everything. Our food section is literally a 12 foot wall and that's it.

Had Corp taken into consideration how complicated l2c could be, they may have sent something down. Haven't seen a thing come down since its inception.

The Following User Says Thank You to IHateDrama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 06:04 PM

Piffin' Princess

My Mood/Status:
It did not come off. I have a $1/1 I will post coupon if CS won't give me the $2 digi q.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:31 AM

Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Snowhite has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Load 2card has been around for a while... In my case you cannot stack coupons, they bump each other off. And you cannot get too low of a total or an up bumps them off too. And half the time they do not pop up when purchasing the correct item. And occasionally you will have the random miss coded one that will attach to an item in a completely different dept. I like to see these as bonuses.. If they happen to work, sweet, if not.. Maybe next time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snowhite For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 AM

Piffin' Princess

My Mood/Status:
I found my inserts had another $2/1 so I going to post coupon this morning and finish my trash bag run. I like the option of using both but it is not reliable enough to run scenarios on them and that has been my mistake. A cashier telling me I am pretty much greedy since I paid $3.02 for a $13.00 item made me angrier than it should have I guess. That was not my rite aid, they would never treat me that way. But dang it it was supposed to be $.80 + tax and I am getting my $2 back.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:08 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire
I found my inserts had another $2/1 so I going to post coupon this morning and finish my trash bag run. I like the option of using both but it is not reliable enough to run scenarios on them and that has been my mistake. A cashier telling me I am pretty much greedy since I paid $3.02 for a $13.00 item made me angrier than it should have I guess. That was not my rite aid, they would never treat me that way. But dang it it was supposed to be $.80 + tax and I am getting my $2 back.
That cashier seeing you as greedy makes her foolish. Don't care what fools think of you, your life will be simpler and happier if you can remember that.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 06:58 AM

CouponNewbie2013

My Mood/Status:
azadeenred87 has posted more than 10 good deals
L2C for playtex wipes would nor work for me? I was trying to get the 20ct in the box should I do the soft pack?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhite View Post
Load 2card has been around for a while... In my case you cannot stack coupons, they bump each other off. And you cannot get too low of a total or an up bumps them off too. And half the time they do not pop up when purchasing the correct item. And occasionally you will have the random miss coded one that will attach to an item in a completely different dept. I like to see these as bonuses.. If they happen to work, sweet, if not.. Maybe next time.
I just experienced this.

I bought The Platex wipes $5.99 (gold)
L2C took $5 off
Total $0.99 + tax
I gave $1+UP that cashier scanned...
Total changed to $4.99 + tax

Take a look at my wishlist (
) and see if there are any items you have to trade. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadeenred87 View Post
L2C for playtex wipes would nor work for me? I was trying to get the 20ct in the box should I do the soft pack?
I've only tried the soft pk successfully. I'm wondering if the boxes work too.

Take a look at my wishlist (
) and see if there are any items you have to trade. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM

tried to stay away...but the deals are too good!
Coupon Ninja

My Mood/Status:
daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samswift1 View Post
I just experienced this.

I bought The Platex wipes $5.99 (gold)
L2C took $5 off
Total $0.99 + tax
I gave $1+UP that cashier scanned...
Total changed to $4.99 + tax
Yes, you have to be careful with L2C qs and UPs, too many UPs will negate the L2C qs. If you had bought a filler item for $.25, the UPs would have worked fine.

It might even be the same with mfqs if there is overage even if it isn't for the L2C item.

I love coupons!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:46 PM

Piffin' Princess

My Mood/Status:
I just saw the boxes of fresh and sexy, I would LOVE them as individual wraps. I need more $5/1 ips ASAP coupon gods ! My friend loved hers I gave in her birthday basket this weekend.

My RA did the post q on the Garnier BB no worries and told me to call corp on the person who said I was greedy. I didn't I don't want to be a whiny person. I just know I have to plan my runs without banking on those. I was hoping to because sometimes I need 7 ips and can only print 6 until my friend gets her mac working and her bf's hp is acting wonky. Technically our little commune could get 14 prints 2 per person but we don't have enough working devices and my eldery neighbor doesn't have a laptop but her DD gives her some IPS for her shopping trips and I try to fill in the rest for her.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
when im doing a transaction that has a L2Q to be taken off, i have the cashier do a print of the reciept..to check if the coupon came off prior to paying. that way i know if it worked...and if it didnt i can say take the item off then. (im not sure what button they press to get the receipt to do a temporary print..feeds it up so you can tear it off and look thru it before continuing.) I'll do the same thing when the total doesnt equal what i 'planned' it to be to double check 'gold' prices or sale prices or clearance prices being correct. one time it totally messed up my BOGO free transaction, and when she showed me the feed we could see how the register didnt give me 20% off when i bought a single item instead of bogo 50% off..i didnt get the second one. so she had to price modify it for me then continue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to no1tvfan63 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 02:12 PM

Piffin' Princess

My Mood/Status:
I've seen my fav manager do that. She did it Sat. The Foster Grant sunglasses went wonky and she just hit the button it spit it out and she re-rang my Dh's sunglasses then they came up right as BOGO 50% + the $5UP. I will have them do that if I have a run that is dependent on a L2C q, thanks for that idea.

PS he looks sex-ah in his new shades and has a spare in case he sits on these like he did the last pair le sigh....Plus I got to show him another wild good run. Paid $17 (less than the cost of one pair of shades, got 15 back plus got a bunch of other stuff )

Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I understand completely what you are saying, The same thing happened to me at K-mart this past Saturday, OH THE FUSTRATION at the Service desk. I did the Scott deal 1st trans. had 2 Paper towels, and 1 TP. 2nd had 3 tp's. Same size ct etc. , but I had the boy go to the back and get me those 3 TP's, the packaging was slightly different. Didn't think much of it till on the 2nd trans the $5 CRT didn't print. Turned them over yep Bar code is different, This was not my normal K-mart, and is it wrong that I loved after standing for 45 minutes that my 8 yr. old, says out loud "Mama you are so much smarter than these people, now can we please go?" Yep they handed me $5 cash and sent me away. When I pointed the barcodes out to the manager and said this probably the culprit, he just shook his head, and said oh nooooo that would have nothing to do with it. UMmm SHHHHURE yep not at all. really becasue makes sense to me that if a barcode is not programmed to be included the register will not recognize you bought the stinkin item.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barracuda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2013, 03:53 PM

Rexer has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Rexer has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Rexer has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Rexer has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Rexer has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Rexer has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Rexer has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Rexer has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Rexer has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
I understand completely what you are saying, The same thing happened to me at K-mart this past Saturday, OH THE FUSTRATION at the Service desk. I did the Scott deal 1st trans. had 2 Paper towels, and 1 TP. 2nd had 3 tp's. Same size ct etc. , but I had the boy go to the back and get me those 3 TP's, the packaging was slightly different. Didn't think much of it till on the 2nd trans the $5 CRT didn't print. Turned them over yep Bar code is different, This was not my normal K-mart, and is it wrong that I loved after standing for 45 minutes that my 8 yr. old, says out loud "Mama you are so much smarter than these people, now can we please go?" Yep they handed me $5 cash and sent me away. When I pointed the barcodes out to the manager and said this probably the culprit, he just shook his head, and said oh nooooo that would have nothing to do with it. UMmm SHHHHURE yep not at all. really becasue makes sense to me that if a barcode is not programmed to be included the register will not recognize you bought the stinkin item.

I love it
The Following User Says Thank You to Rexer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2013, 10:17 PM

Clipping & Trading
Fred Meyer Junkie

My Mood/Status:
BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1tvfan63 View Post
when im doing a transaction that has a L2Q to be taken off, i have the cashier do a print of the reciept..to check if the coupon came off prior to paying. that way i know if it worked...and if it didnt i can say take the item off then. (im not sure what button they press to get the receipt to do a temporary print..feeds it up so you can tear it off and look thru it before continuing.)
This sounds like something Corporate should be told ?
!
(ISO) Kroger family stores or Fred Meyer mailed coupons & WL coupons

The Following User Says Thank You to BBT.Girls For This Useful Post: