B1G1 Store Sale With A B2G1 Coupon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Going swimming in Covergirl makeup!

My Mood/Status:
Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
B1G1 Store Sale with a B2G1 coupon?

Hi all! I figured I would make sure with the lovely Rite-Aiders of this forum as to how this will work. I've researched other threads, but again, I want to err to the side of caution when proceeding because I want my Rite Aid to still like me after the week of October 30!

One of the ad scans shows single candy bars as B1G1 free sale. I have amassed a large quantity of B2G1 free single candy bars. From what I've read, some people say it's B1G5 free, but it doesn't seem right to me. This is the scenario I found on another post here:

If I were to buy 18 candy bars:
Use 6 B2G1 free coupons
The register will automatically ring up 9 as free because of the sale,
So I pay for 3, and get 18?

I would love this scenario, but really don't think it will work. Can someone please set me straight?!?

Thanks so much in advance!
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you havenít found it yet, keep looking. Donít settle. As with all matters of the heart, youíll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Donít settle" -Steve Jobs
The Following User Says Thank You to Scarlet2507 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:51 AM

RE: B1G1 Store Sale with a B2G1 coupon?

amw1583 has posted more than 100 good deals!amw1583 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Thank you for this post I had the same question. Been trying to get to do my own research but no luck. Maybe we will just have to try it and if the outcome is bad just void the transaction. I hate doing that but im well know at my rite aid and think my girls would do anything to help. I believe I have about 9 coupons too
The Following User Says Thank You to amw1583 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 09:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
gloria.denise has posted more than 100 good deals!gloria.denise has posted more than 100 good deals!
I'm thinking it would go something like this all prices are just examples:

Store promotion: b1g1 single serve candy bars
Coupon: buy 2 get 1 free

Buy 3 candy bars @ 1.00=3.00
Get 3 free (bogo store promo)=0.00
Sub: 3.00
Use b2g1 free mfq=1.00

So how I'm seeing it, which could be wrong, you'd end up paying for 2, but getting 4 free. Does this make sense? Lol..?? Any other ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to gloria.denise For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria.denise View Post
I'm thinking it would go something like this all prices are just examples:

Store promotion: b1g1 single serve candy bars
Coupon: buy 2 get 1 free

Buy 3 candy bars @ 1.00=3.00
Get 3 free (bogo store promo)=0.00
Sub: 3.00
Use b2g1 free mfq=1.00

So how I'm seeing it, which could be wrong, you'd end up paying for 2, but getting 4 free. Does this make sense? Lol..?? Any other ideas?
That's what I was thinking at first! I just want to make sure it's right, that's all! I get all flustered at checkout especially with a bunch of coupons, and would rather know the math, then try to BS my way through the beeps, if that happens. I've never really had a beeper of a coupon, except for the Carefree liners. I think I'm going to go safe route and do your way, unless someone has done this at RA already and can shread some light for all of us!
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you havenít found it yet, keep looking. Donít settle. As with all matters of the heart, youíll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Donít settle" -Steve Jobs
Old 10-25-2011, 09:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
gloria.denise has posted more than 100 good deals!gloria.denise has posted more than 100 good deals!
Totally understand.. the transaction you had previously posted as an example that was found on another site showed the coupons being used on the free candy bars, which according to the new policy is no longer allowed. The old policy allowed coupons to be used on items that were already free due to a bogo sale. So if say for example, gillete body wash was bogo, and say you had a bogo coupoon, you'd end up getting them both for free plus any tax that was owed. But those good ol' days are over =( and we are no longer allowed to use a bogo coupon on a bogo sale. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I don't claim to know all the answers but I will try and answer =)
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 AM

muslimahmommyrn has posted more than 200 great deals!muslimahmommyrn has posted more than 200 great deals!muslimahmommyrn has posted more than 200 great deals!
N/m
Old 10-25-2011, 11:03 AM

proud mama

squirmy85 has posted more than 150 good deals!squirmy85 has posted more than 150 good deals!
what if you hand over your rite aid card after handing them the b2g1 q

not sure if it would work and how rite aid works but

by 3
then use b2g1 q
then scan card to get one of the other two free

don't shop Ra that often I assume you need the card to get the buy one get one candy bar
Old 10-25-2011, 11:08 AM

proud mama

squirmy85 has posted more than 150 good deals!squirmy85 has posted more than 150 good deals!
so for 18
and assuming it works

buy 18
use 6 b2g1 q
then scan card and hopefully nine come off
Old 10-25-2011, 11:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirmy85 View Post
what if you hand over your rite aid card after handing them the b2g1 q

not sure if it would work and how rite aid works but

by 3
then use b2g1 q
then scan card to get one of the other two free

don't shop Ra that often I assume you need the card to get the buy one get one candy bar
That's what makes it confusing, doesn't it? My Rite Aid always swipes the card at the end (I don't really know why that is), but I'm thinking that given the new coupon policy with the B1G1 (thank you, Gloria.Denise for pointing out!), that might be and I hate to use the word because of its overuse, but unethical? I am definitely not the coupon police and definitely don't want this thread to become that! I just want to know the right way to present this coupon so that I don't tick my Rite Aid off... they've been pretty nice so far in my couponing escapades!

I suppose it might work both ways, especially if the card isn't swiped until the end. These candy coupons will be the end of me! LOL
Old 10-25-2011, 12:17 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've been wondering about this to. I've had other coupons like the suave one that was buy one get one free, and the store had buy one get one free. A friend told me then you get them all free but I dont get how. I'm such a visual person I have to see it done to understand!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbylivismom
I've been wondering about this to. I've had other coupons like the suave one that was buy one get one free, and the store had buy one get one free. A friend told me then you get them all free but I dont get how. I'm such a visual person I have to see it done to understand!
You're friend was referring to the old coupon policy that allowed a bogo coupon with a bogo store promotion. Let's use the suave promotion you mentioned as an example, again prices for example only:

(1) suave shampoo @ 5.00
(1) suave con bogo @ 0.00

You're subtotal would be 5.00 plus any taxes

If you had a bogo coupon, you would then use it to pay for the shampoo. Since you're getting the conditioner for free already, the bogo coupon would cover the cost of the shampoo, making them both free plus taxes.

Again for clarification purposes, the above scenario is an example of how the OLD coupon policy worked. This scenario and coupon usage should not be used as it violates the terms of the new policy.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
So RA has cracked down on the policy BUT THIS IS HOW THEY WOULD WORK IF THEY ALLOWED IT.

BOGO Q on A BOGO sale would work like this.

#1 The Store is giving you to come in and buying one.
#2 the Manufacturer is giving you to entice you to buy the first one.

This is a right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing kind of thing. The computer only knows "Hey they bought one I give them one"

The coupons only knows. "Hey one is paid for so I pay for one."

So the register "pays" for one and the coupons "pays" for one.

on a B2G1 free on a BOGO sa;e then your best way is to use 2 coupons. It would work like this.

#1 You pay for.
#2 The store Gives you.
#3 Your 1st coupon buys this one.
#4 The register only knows hey three are paid for I have to give a fourth.
#5 Will be paid for by your second coupon in a second
#6 Same thing the register sees an odd number paid for so it throws in a freebie.

Now since #4 and #6 have nothing attached to them as far as a coupon goes then #5 automatically attaches to your second coupon making #4,5,and 6 all free.

this won't work on this Rite Aid sale since they don't allow BOGO on BOGOs or B2G1 on BOGOS but these are just general examples of how it would work if they allowed it.

Last edited by Coupid; 10-25-2011 at 12:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coupid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet2507

That's what makes it confusing, doesn't it? My Rite Aid always swipes the card at the end (I don't really know why that is), but I'm thinking that given the new coupon policy with the B1G1 (thank you, Gloria.Denise for pointing out!), that might be and I hate to use the word because of its overuse, but unethical? I am definitely not the coupon police and definitely don't want this thread to become that! I just want to know the right way to present this coupon so that I don't tick my Rite Aid off... they've been pretty nice so far in my couponing escapades!

I suppose it might work both ways, especially if the card isn't swiped until the end. These candy coupons will be the end of me! LOL
No coupon police here either! Lol... now as far as scanning the card at the end, I'm sure that could be done and I'm sure all 6 coupons used would be accepted, but is it right? I'm sure a lot of people would debate that it is, as some would debate that it isn't. IMO, I don't think it is, because regardless of when the card is scanned, the coupons used would still be applied to the candy bars that are already free due to the stores promotion. Again that is just my opinion.. . I think that at the end of the day, if you want to continue to have a good relationship with you're store and store employees I would follow the rules as stated in their policy.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 AM

Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
IMO A BOGO Free Coupon Can't be used on a BOGO Sale, so a B2G1 Free Coupon shouldn't be used on a BOGO Sale. If you look at the coupon, it requires you buy 3 candy bars to use it. Which means the coupon would apply to the free candy bar, which is against RA's policy. Their policy change was to basically stop people from using coupons on the "free" item. Which you would be doing using this coupon. Again, this is just my opinion.

I would suggest calling Customer Service, but from past experience they are just as confused on the coupon policy as we are. And most of their employees can be swayed to see it either way in most instances. Like a $3/2 coupon is only 1 coupon, and they say on a BOGO sale only 1 coupon can be used. Calling customer service resulted in different answers to many different people. Most trying to sway the customer service rep to say what they wanted to hear. They don't understand how coupons work, but we do, so it's up to us to use them the way their policy outlines.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xaylla For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
Okay... so I'm thinking I'm not even going to attempt to use the coupon during this sale. I should just be thankful to get one of them free, right? Does anyone know of any sale that would allow that kind of sale? I have a bunch of these coupons, and of course, would like to maximize their use, but only within a correct coupon policy. Thank you guys so much for your input already!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 AM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
At cvs i got 40 2go bars used bogo qs and .75 off qs but had a new quirk the register would only accept so many qs then said coupon limit reached.. So i tossed in a ECB and paid i think $2,68 for 40 bars and got the $10.00 gift card in the end with the card i think i made around $2.00 mm its not one of my better mind calculateing weeks and i just compute these deals mentally pull x number of qs from my binders and check out.
The Following User Says Thank You to conniel18848 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 08:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
Cecmer has posted more than 150 good deals!Cecmer has posted more than 150 good deals!
I don't see why this wouldn't work (but I'm not sure):
Buy 5 candy bars, 2 would be free and you would be "buying" 3. Use 1 coupon to get the third one you are buying free so you would pay for 2 and get 3 free in all. This way the coupon is not being used on the first 2 "free" items.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecmer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 09:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
ladybug41 has posted more than 50 good deals
Did this work?I think you would buy 12 at B2G1 free(6 cpns)plus the free 6 bars would be 18 bars at walmart for 74 cents each x 12=$8.88 for 18 candy bars that would have cost $13.32 Am I right with my math please?I,m trying to learn the way.Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug41 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 11:27 AM

Feeding a family of 5+2 for under $50 a week

My Mood/Status:
mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecmer View Post
I don't see why this wouldn't work (but I'm not sure):
Buy 5 candy bars, 2 would be free and you would be "buying" 3. Use 1 coupon to get the third one you are buying free so you would pay for 2 and get 3 free in all. This way the coupon is not being used on the first 2 "free" items.
This would be the proper way to do the deal with RA's new policy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcgallicher For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 11:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgallicher

This would be the proper way to do the deal with RA's new policy.
Wouldn't it be better to get a total of 6.. 3 of them being free due to the promotion and then using a coupon to the other 3 you're buying to get one for free? Ex:
(3) candy @ 1.00 = 3.00
(3) bogo @ 0.00 = 0.00
Sub 3.00
Use (1) b2g1 coupon

So you'd pay for 2 but get 4 free. Make sense?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:57 AM

Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Xaylla has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I think it shouldn't be used at all. Just saying.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
Cecmer has posted more than 150 good deals!Cecmer has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria.denise View Post
Wouldn't it be better to get a total of 6.. 3 of them being free due to the promotion and then using a coupon to the other 3 you're buying to get one for free? Ex:
(3) candy @ 1.00 = 3.00
(3) bogo @ 0.00 = 0.00
Sub 3.00
Use (1) b2g1 coupon

So you'd pay for 2 but get 4 free. Make sense?

I think you're right. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecmer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 02:08 PM

Spice Up Your Lives!

My Mood/Status:
mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mgmve has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My head hurts after reading this thread!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmve
My head hurts after reading this thread!
Mine too! LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 05:18 PM

It's all about Black Friday...

My Mood/Status:
TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm a little late chiming in on this one, but Xaylla is correct. Per the coupon policy, BOGO coupons cannot be used in conjunction with a BOGO sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to TommyMaggyMommy For This Useful Post: