New Rite Aid Coupon Policy?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM
I love AFC!!

My Mood/Status:
couponlaydee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponlaydee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponlaydee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponlaydee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponlaydee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponlaydee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponlaydee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponlaydee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponlaydee has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
New Rite Aid Coupon Policy?

I just read on another board that they will release a new coupon policy tomorrow. They will no longer allow BOGO coupons on a BOGO product. Also there will be a strict 4 coupon limit. They said this is all because of THAT show. I guess we'll wait & see what the detailed policy says!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to couponlaydee For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 12:03 PM

RE: New Rite Aid Coupon Policy?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I heard that too from my DM yesterday....she wasn't sure of the details yet though (neither were the store employees) so I guess we will see....SIGH....

My Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsprek For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
casual_couponer has posted more than 5 good deals
I've noticed that all the drugstore ads have offer limits in them now. Have I just started noticing this because I am more aware of the issue or was it always printed like that? Perhaps they weren't strictly imposing the limits until recently when so many people started taking advantage of the offers? I usually don't buy much at a time so I've never paid attention before.
The Following User Says Thank You to casual_couponer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Offer limits have always varied between stores. It's been just recent though that RA has started enforcing them w/ the Wellness cards...

My Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Interesting, do you think it will be 4 like coupons like P&G per transaction?

The Following User Says Thank You to blblue66 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
babyu21 has posted more than 300 great deals!babyu21 has posted more than 300 great deals!babyu21 has posted more than 300 great deals!babyu21 has posted more than 300 great deals!
This is probably true because so many people are trying to get on board now. I knew that show as gonna ruin all the fun. It was only a matter of time before this happened. Glad I made sure to maximize my deals while I could.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyu21 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 PM

6/12-6/19 Inserts FS!!
Couture Coupon Diva

My Mood/Status:
Kerrbeark has posted more than 75 good deals!
Ugh, as if we couponer's dont have enough to worry about they keep changing policies because there are some people that go overboard or misuse/abuse the system.

This is one reason why I dislike "that show." Out of all of "the episodes" only one has been even close to reality and that was Treasures. Why must tv ruin it for us? Things have always been like this and now because its so popular they are going to change things again.

Guess I will need to print yet another NEW coupon policy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kerrbeark For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
I hate that show.

I get stopped all the time now "Are you like those ladies on THAT show??!!!" I was just asked that TWICE this morning at Meijer and then they wanted to take about it and my kiddos were with me which isn't conducive to hard-core couponing/visiting in the store to begin with. Sigh.

My Blog:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:29 PM

prototype has posted more than 10 good deals
Maybe if we will stop watching the show this will all go away. I like to coupon for my family but I am begining to think to some people it is just greed. I know some of the people donate to charity and that is great. If I were beting I would say they sale those items as well. Just saying. I just need
enough for my family.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prototype For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:43 PM

Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!
The four limit is for a single product? Or is it 4 coupons used --for all products--per transaction. I'm assuming that doesn't mean 3/15's or Ups?

Quote:
I like to coupon for my family
It's important to get value. I made the largest sauce buy I ever attempted at Shaws this week. It wasn't for "greed." We use it and I don't have to think about it again until October: that's both a time-saver and I'll never see it at $1 again I'm sure.

Last edited by Vi0let; 05-24-2011 at 01:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vi0let For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:46 PM

Pandazing has posted more than 200 great deals!Pandazing has posted more than 200 great deals!Pandazing has posted more than 200 great deals!
If the rumors are true, then people will just have to adjust. It's not ideal, but so is life.

We'll stop shopping at Rite Aid and if it makes a difference to their bottom line, they'll change it for the better. If not, then I'll have to find a new hobby...

I've just gotten back into couponing after taking a couple of months off, and the addiction's picked right back up. :-P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pandazing For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 01:32 PM

Ready for Vacation !

My Mood/Status:
phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!phoopaugh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
All the more reason I'm doing more and more price matches at walmart.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phoopaugh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 01:36 PM

sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi0let View Post
The four limit is for a single product? Or is it 4 coupons used --for all products--per transaction. I'm assuming that doesn't mean 3/15's or Ups?

It's important to get value. I made the largest sauce buy I ever attempted at Shaws this week. It wasn't for "greed." We use it and I don't have to think about it again until October: that's both a time-saver and I'll never see it at $1 again I'm sure.
I hope it is a limit per product. A limit of 4 per transaction would be extreme!
The Following User Says Thank You to sibesx2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 01:58 PM

ferrara105 has posted more than 10 good deals
Yeah, RA is my favorite store! Its due to all these shelf cleaners...btw I get asked if I watch that show all the time! I hate it! Really, anybody can figure out how to get 500 tooth brushes for free in one trip, but come on, who in the world uses all that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferrara105 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 02:24 PM

mtisme has posted more than 5 good deals
I was just at my fav RA and was actually given the paper they received from corporate - Yup they will NO longer accept BOGO coupons on a BOGO sale :-( The four coupons are still four of the same item.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mtisme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 02:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!originalsixx has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
This is terrible.. Oh well, atleast I am stocked up for a couple years on HBA stuff..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to originalsixx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The 4 like coupon limit first circulated sometime March 2011 when the memo was released via RA portal. Their reason given then was that RA got back a bulk of coupons that were not paid by manufacturers for reasons that they were gang cut. That is where this started on why RA started implementing the 4 like coupons but it looks like they are going to enforce it strictly starting tomorrow.

as to the no BOGO MQ on BOGO sale, this is the first time I've read it on a blogger report.

Last edited by joshmamabear; 05-24-2011 at 03:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 06:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
The 4 like coupon limit first circulated sometime March 2011 when the memo was released via RA portal. Their reason given then was that RA got back a bulk of coupons that were not paid by manufacturers for reasons that they were gang cut. That is where this started on why RA started implementing the 4 like coupons but it looks like they are going to enforce it strictly starting tomorrow.

as to the no BOGO MQ on BOGO sale, this is the first time I've read it on a blogger report.
See, now this I do not understand....maybe someone can shed some light....

So, if there is a deal...say buy $25 worth of something (like Tylenol Precise for the WW deal when it was on sale for $5 last week), you'd have to buy (5) Tylenol to get to $25 (this is all hypothetical btw ) BUT you won't be allowed to use more than 4 LIKE coupons on the items???......

I wonder if or how they will change the UPR's when we need to buy multiple items to get the UPR....

My Blog:
Old 05-24-2011, 06:14 PM

mtisme has posted more than 5 good deals
I just thought I would forward it. I am very good friends with the manager at my RA so when I went today they showed me the physical print out and the BOGO was highlighted. The cashiers were given this as well. Maybe I should have brought it home and taken a pic and posted it~!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:22 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I wonder if the new policy also applies to items on SO by the hundreds?

If they enforce the rule to items on the shelves, wouldn't it be special treatment if rule is suspended for items on SO?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wonder if this will, in any way, effect the "Special Order" people? My speculation is that the answer is NO....They will work out some other type of arrangement with their store....But we can only HOPE that this might help keep enough product on the shelf until Monday morning!!! LOL
Old 05-24-2011, 06:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!acewarriormom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
I wonder if the new policy also applies to items on SO by the hundreds?

If they enforce the rule to items on the shelves, wouldn't it be special treatment if rule is suspended for items on SO?
Are you living in my head????
Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acewarriormom View Post
Are you living in my head????
you read my mind

if mom can still buy her "share" of 2, everything is right in her world
Old 05-24-2011, 06:38 PM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Me unless its a deal like the precise i only get a few at a time anyway.
And i still have a pretty large stockpile going. but i shop for multiple houses shut ins-mentally challenged-some elderly when they are sick- a few low income families i help out wiyh what i can get cheap ect.
I use thier cards so they get thier discounts and ups rewards so im use to doing multiple trips and transactions. so no big deal. And i buy where the best deals are any way. ra-cvs-kmart-tops-iga-walmart occasionally. And the dollar tree and dollar general.
But the new bogo policy is the pits i liked that one. Maybe they will still allow it on thier own bogo deals and not mann. I didnt even get shopping this week ive been sick.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:41 PM

sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Well if RA no longer accepts the BOGO q's then I will just save them for CVS, Lowe's Foods or Food Lion.

I am really starting to lay low because of the influx of newer coupon users that seem to be related to that show. I truly believe it is from the EC show as a few random friends of mine on Facebook have recently began making ridiculous posts about wanting to learn so that they can get $700 worth of groceries for $7. I am sure that this will blow over and I am sure that there will be collateral damage.

I only went to Harris Teeter twice during the week of triple's and my trips to Rite Aid have declined to once every couple of weeks. I have cashed in my UP's and ECB's. (Rarely mess with Wags) The behaviors I witnessed at triples left a lot to be desired and I just do not want to be associated. It sucks overall but thankfully we got through the end of the world as predicted for 5/21/11!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparklecat2009 For This Useful Post: