Coupon Policy Change

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:18 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
karensuki has posted more than 50 good deals
Unhappy Coupon policy change

The manager at my Rite Aid announced that there is going to be a coupon policy change posted on the website this Wednesday...

Anyone hear about it yet? Its gonna bug me until I see it. I noticed that most of the cashiers here are retraining, which involves reading each coupon and ringing down overages...

I hope they don't take the overages away...
The Following User Says Thank You to karensuki For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 PM

RE: Coupon policy change

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wasn't it mentioned in RA's coupon policy that they don't give overage? Unless there was a revision I didn't read that was made recently.

I just got confused when you said, "I hope they don't take the overages away"

I find it ironic that cashiers at your store would be reading each coupon and yet not follow (or do they know at all?) their own policy. Stuff like this makes it difficult to follow rules in any store since YMMV rules
Old 05-23-2011, 05:28 PM

ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ccod5 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karensuki View Post
The manager at my Rite Aid announced that there is going to be a coupon policy change posted on the website this Wednesday... Anyone hear about it yet? Its gonna bug me until I see it. I noticed that most of the cashiers here are retraining, which involves reading each coupon and ringing down overages... I hope they don\'t take the overages away...
Depending upon hard-pressed cashiers to scrutinize every coupon, run check tapes, and do quick math in their head to prevent overages is a complete non-starter. Never going to happen. The only effective way to prevent overages is to program their registers to detect and adjust for them. In my area that is how CVS and Stop&Shop prevent most overages.
The Following User Says Thank You to ccod5 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 05:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
When I said overages, I meant like when you have a few cents extra from the coupon that rolls into the overall check out price. I never expect a store to pay me cash for shopping.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:57 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I was referring to RA coupon policy in pdf found online. This was revised August 2010 which may have been recently revised to add new policies that I missed;

http://content.riteaid.com/stores/Cu...August2010.pdf

if you scroll down to the General Guidelines under Acceptance guidelines, check what it says on the 3rd line,

....Coupon redemption can never exceed the selling price of an item and no cash back is allowed.

I understand you're not getting cash for the excess amount but the store is still going against their own official policy. Unless they revised it in 2011 to say they leave it to individual stores to give overages applied to items in a trxn. That is what I'm referring to as YMMV.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
Anyways, has anyone heard what they are changing?

I'm not too concerned about the above, I'm just very curious about the changes that they are going to implement...
The Following User Says Thank You to karensuki For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 06:52 PM

rputalonis has posted more than 400 great deals!rputalonis has posted more than 400 great deals!rputalonis has posted more than 400 great deals!rputalonis has posted more than 400 great deals!rputalonis has posted more than 400 great deals!
2 MQ coupons per item because they feel we dont get enough free stuff already :P only joking
Old 05-23-2011, 07:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I thought you could only use in mq per item
Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfey67 View Post
I thought you could only use in mq per item
You can only use ONE mfr q per item - she was kidding that RA already gives us so many freebies, that they might change the policy to give us even more!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:06 PM

Givemefree has posted more than 5 good deals
The new policy is:

No coupons after 6 PM or on weekends, holidays, or any other day that the cashiers do not feel like handling coupons. All sale prices are void with the use of a coupon. Only one coupon per week per shopping party.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 PM

is waiting on my hubby to get home with my...

My Mood/Status:
MyOwnKindOfParadise has posted more than 50 good deals
Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givemefree View Post
The new policy is:

No coupons after 6 PM or on weekends, holidays, or any other day that the cashiers do not feel like handling coupons. All sale prices are void with the use of a coupon. Only one coupon per week per shopping party.

That truly sounds about right.
The Following User Says Thank You to MyOwnKindOfParadise For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 PM

Can't Stop Shopping

My Mood/Status:
CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!CKFreebie81 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Heres the new rules

Rule #1 - If it isn't pictured then you are using it wrong.
Rule #2 - If your coupon is not cut directly on the dotted line, we cannot accept it
Rule #3 - 1 per purchase means 1 per transaction per person per month.
Rule #4 - You may not shop in Rite aid more than once per week. Our cashiers are tired of seeing the same people day in and day out.
Rule #5 - One up reward redeemed per day. (Meaning if anyone uses an up anytime during that day, no one else will be allowed to use theirs)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GOTTA HAVE COUPS !!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CKFreebie81 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 10:05 PM

glad school is out for summer!!
Coupons are awesome

2015 YTD Savings: $30000
My Mood/Status:
sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sle061276 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I always hear about "policy change" from cashiers and managers but I guess I won't worry about it until I actually see it happen. Hopefully they won't change anything too much. Kroger has made lots of changes that are anti-coupon and guess what? wal mart has made lots of changes too in our favor so Kroger gets a lot less business especially since I can price match with my coupons and get overage too and I made sure to write Kroger an email telling them how I feel about their changes as did a lot of other people!! Hopefully Rite Aid continues to value our (the couponing community) business! In my town, the CVS here is actually a LOT more coupon friendly but I dont like their limits so RA still gets most of my business. Keeping my fingers crossed the changes are good or at least arent too bad
Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFreebie81 View Post
Heres the new rules

Rule #2 - If your coupon is not cut directly on the dotted line, we cannot accept it
Rule #4 - You may not shop in Rite aid more than once per week. Our cashiers are tired of seeing the same people day in and day out.
Rule #5 - One up reward redeemed per day. (Meaning if anyone uses an up anytime during that day, no one else will be allowed to use theirs)
:bigg rin:
Old 05-24-2011, 01:19 AM

kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kathykat49 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have a feeling that Walmart is going to start taking business, not only from RA but from a lot of other stores as well. They allow overage, they price match and you don't even have to bring in the flyer you're trying to price match from to show them. Then there's cash back if you have overage and you choose not to apply it to other items. They claim that they're making money by doing this. Not sure how, but they seem to think that if I go in the store to price match something that I'm going to buy other items, too, and in probably most cases they're right. I was never a big Walmart fan until recently - they don't hassle you about coupons, there's no limit on items you're purchasing and their return policy is fairly liberal also.

I like RA the best of the drug store chains but changing their coupon policy frequently isn't going to help them - and putting it all on the cashiers is ridiculous. Program the registers to do most of the thinking like the other stores do. They're creating their own problems by not having a system in place that's across the board and easy for the cashiers to use. I shouldn't have a situation where I go to one store and it's this or that policy and then I drive two miles down the street and it's entirely different.
The Following User Says Thank You to kathykat49 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 AM

naglady has posted more than 100 good deals!naglady has posted more than 100 good deals!
this is what i read somewhere recently... not sure if has any truth to it.. if you buy something bogo with a bogo coupon.. it will no longer be two items free.. the register will ring up each item 1/2 the original price twice.. so your still buying one items.. if that make sense.. i know it really doesnt look like a good deal to put in their policy to me..
Old 05-24-2011, 07:48 AM

is getting better at this!
Baby #2 is here :)

My Mood/Status:
crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathykat49 View Post
I have a feeling that Walmart is going to start taking business, not only from RA but from a lot of other stores as well. They allow overage, they price match and you don't even have to bring in the flyer you're trying to price match from to show them. Then there's cash back if you have overage and you choose not to apply it to other items. They claim that they're making money by doing this. Not sure how, but they seem to think that if I go in the store to price match something that I'm going to buy other items, too, and in probably most cases they're right. I was never a big Walmart fan until recently - they don't hassle you about coupons, there's no limit on items you're purchasing and their return policy is fairly liberal also.

I like RA the best of the drug store chains but changing their coupon policy frequently isn't going to help them - and putting it all on the cashiers is ridiculous. Program the registers to do most of the thinking like the other stores do. They're creating their own problems by not having a system in place that's across the board and easy for the cashiers to use. I shouldn't have a situation where I go to one store and it's this or that policy and then I drive two miles down the street and it's entirely different.
I have started going to Walmart because RA never has any stock!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to crissy148 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!tfey67 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Here's my thoughts on the whole BOGO & BOGO issue: Making items not free with a BOGO sale & BOGO coupon only 1/2 off each. Well, its not really BOGO (Buy 1 GET 1 FREE) is it? Its 50% off. If they labeled it as a BOGO sale and then had it ringing as 1/2 each it would be false advertising. The easiest way to do avoid the conflict if its bothering a manufacturer is to simply NOT HAVE A BOGO SALE WHEN YOU KNOW THERE IS A BOGO COUPON OUT THERE. Its up to the store to do the research.

Anyway, the best thing they can do is be more coupon friendly by following the coupon rules and not making up their own rules. Meaning have all cashiers on the same page and tell them not to make up their own rules just because they don't like scanning/dealing with coupons. I think most of the problems are miscommunications between corp, customer & cashier. If they gave us all the same guidelines of which to follow and stopped changing their minds on things every other week we'd all be on the same page and everything would be alot better. I don't mind limitations when they are reasonable and fair.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I find it frustrating that they want to make changes again to their pocliy. So many times, I have to educate the manager of one of the RAs I go to. Just last week, he didn't want to let me use a VV on a raincheck or with a Manuc q, I explained the policy says you can use 1 48, 49 and a maufacturers q on an item, because the VV says Manfacturer's q, he said no, then scanned and it worked. I offered to show him the policy were it states that, ans that also, the q's that are in their flyers also say man q, but you an use another man q, because of the coding on it. Sooo frustrating. He didn't even want to let me use a man q on a raincheck!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissy148 View Post
I have started going to Walmart because RA never has any stock!!!!
Agreed. My RA that is near me is always having trouble getting stock in. Not because they don't order - its because they DON'T GET ANY IN! Corporate dictates which stores get what and they blame the stores when they run out even though its their fault. What's worse is that some stores are having their inventory cut by 20% - My hopes is its the useless crud that they stick them with like those as seen on tv things that sit for years. RA could do so much better if they would not buy useless stuff like that that few people buy. A good example is that overpriced Cassie nail polish - I see it sitting on the shelves and nobody seems to buy it. I bought some the other day thinking - it should be good. Don't buy it - its not much better than the cheap Wet & Wild brand (thin and doesn't cover well).

Last edited by frogprincess; 05-24-2011 at 08:22 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frogprincess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrsprek has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I heard the same thing via our DM yesterday on the phone. She wasn't sure of the details, something about B1G1's....so we will see.....

My Blog:
Old 05-24-2011, 12:10 PM

Mistyjks has posted more than 100 good deals!Mistyjks has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFreebie81 View Post
Heres the new rules

#4 especially cracked me up!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!blblue66 has posted more than 400 great deals!
RAs coupon policy has been in place for years and was just updated in 7/10. Sometimes, managers and district managers alter their policy for their stores. Maybe that's what you are hearing about.

It's always been the managers choice to do things like issue certain limits prior to the limits being in place in the sale's circular, anyways...

Old 05-24-2011, 12:19 PM

Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
They allow overage,
Walmart has never allowed me overage. Their price-match is helpful though.

I realize RA has to many things for the cashier to handle where Q's and Ups are concerned, but the answer is to have two cashiers at peak times. That's almost never the case at the six+ I go to.