10 Percent Shopping Pass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
autumn85257 has posted more than 50 good deals
10 percent shopping pass

I'm new to Rite aid. I just got my first shopping pass and I wanna use it right. Can someone please explain it to me. Coupon states receive sales price or 10 percent off all items whichever is lower. I'm used to CVS where when you use a percentage off q you get both the sales price and the percentage off. Help please!
The Following User Says Thank You to autumn85257 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:40 PM

RE: 10 percent shopping pass

My Mood/Status:
chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I believe what you got was silver. Which if I remember you do get a certificate. But you get 10% off everything in the store vie the sale price. You get which ever one is cheaper. Once you spend up to another amount you will hit gold. Which means for a year you get 20% off everything or sale. Which ever is cheaper. It's actually a good deal. It's like getting the cvs 20% off all the time!!! HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisnsal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2013, 09:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnsal View Post
I believe what you got was silver. Which if I remember you do get a certificate. But you get 10% off everything in the store vie the sale price. You get which ever one is cheaper. Once you spend up to another amount you will hit gold. Which means for a year you get 20% off everything or sale. Which ever is cheaper. It's actually a good deal. It's like getting the cvs 20% off all the time!!! HTH
I truly miss CVS I don't understands how to make money using this q. I wanna use it in the up coming febreze deal with the q's that I have. Thank you for your response. I need all the help I can get.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
No problem. Rite aid really isn't that bad. I do both cvs and rite aid. While rite aid may not because good. They have their moments. Like last night, I got the Sally Hansen gel strip starter kit and gel strips and made $7!! Also, even though you have to meet the exact $ when they have say spend 15 get 5, clearance usually work on these. In fact I think they always work. And once you hit gold, it's really great to always get that 20% discount. If you need more help, just ask. There are awesome people on here that love to help. That includes me and your awesome forum leaders!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisnsal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 06:13 AM

is clipping q's.

My Mood/Status:
rboys has posted more than 400 great deals!rboys has posted more than 400 great deals!rboys has posted more than 400 great deals!rboys has posted more than 400 great deals!rboys has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
No problem. Rite aid really isn't that bad. I do both cvs and rite aid. While rite aid may not because good. They have their moments. Like last night, I got the Sally Hansen gel strip starter kit and gel strips and made $7!! Also, even though you have to meet the exact $ when they have say spend 15 get 5, clearance usually work on these. In fact I think they always work. And once you hit gold, it's really great to always get that 20% discount. If you need more help, just ask. There are awesome people on here that love to help. That includes me and your awesome forum leaders!
Chrisnsal
How did you make $7 on SH? I followed scenarios but didn't come out that well.
Tia
Old 07-23-2013, 06:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Thank you. I don't have a CVS here. But I will keep trying to master there system. I love the forum people here are really amazing.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
That's what I did. The scenario that was put up. My store basically auto deducted. That's how. Which doesn't normally happen! This is what I did:
1 sh gel strip starter kit -17.98
1 gel strip -8.99
1 wax thing 3.83

Used the 2/1 sh wax ip (2.00)
Used bogo sh(14.99)
Used 10/1 starter kit ip (10.00)
Used $3 ups
Paid .81
Got back 2- 5 ups
So I guess I actually made like 6.19. But still a mm!
Cost was 30.80
Coupons and ups took off 29.99
Old 07-23-2013, 06:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
It would have at least been free if she didn't auto deduct!! What did you do? I have been hearing that some of the cashiers are being picky. Bc the coupon beeps. But they shouldn't be that way. I do make friends with the employees and am extra sweet to them. Sometimes it helps, but I don't always get the best deal. But I also don't fuss if I don't. So maybe that helps?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:17 AM

Need a great sale on coffee...
I never sleep...

My Mood/Status:
Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you received a 10% off PASS, you've just hit Bronze level, not silver.

At Bronze level (250pts), you are able to get 10% off Rite Aid Brands and get a one-time 10% off pass on all items in the store.

At Silver level (500pts), you get 10% off everything everything in the store and a wellness+ gift.

At Gold level (1000pts), you get 20% off everything in the store.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Help out your fellow couponers and let them know about your great deals at your local store!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn85257 View Post
I truly miss CVS I don't understands how to make money using this q. I wanna use it in the up coming febreze deal with the q's that I have. Thank you for your response. I need all the help I can get.
according to the 7/28 AD the febreeze is $2.99 WITH WELLNESS card which is a SALE price(shelf priced noramlly $3.99?) so 10% off will not apply to that purchase. it has to be NON SALE mdse. it could be an item with an +UPS attatched but the item has to be shelf price. for example on the last page, AS SEEN ON TV items..have a $2up wyb 1 @ $19.99 some of those items that is regular shelf price therefore your 10% pass would kick in saving you $1.99. so you'd pay $17.99 at the reg. and get $2 up making them $15.99 just as an example. but if that item was shelf priced $29.99 and now on sale for $19.99 then your 10% wouldnt give any further discount as the sale price is greater. hope this helps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to no1tvfan63 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 AM

I never sleep...

My Mood/Status:
Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Winchweasel has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1tvfan63 View Post
according to the 7/28 AD the febreeze is $2.99 WITH WELLNESS card which is a SALE price(shelf priced noramlly $3.99?) so 10% off will not apply to that purchase. it has to be NON SALE mdse. it could be an item with an +UPS attatched but the item has to be shelf price. for example on the last page, AS SEEN ON TV items..have a $2up wyb 1 @ $19.99 some of those items that is regular shelf price therefore your 10% pass would kick in saving you $1.99. so you'd pay $17.99 at the reg. and get $2 up making them $15.99 just as an example. but if that item was shelf priced $29.99 and now on sale for $19.99 then your 10% wouldnt give any further discount as the sale price is greater. hope this helps
Unlike CVS, 10-20% work on sale priced items unless they're more than % discount.

Febreze (RR $3.99) Example:
10% = Sale Price
$3.99 * .10 = $3.99 - $3.49
40 = 50
Sales price would win out on this item

20% = Sale Price
$3.99 * .20 = $3.99 - $3.49
79 = 50
Your 20% gold status would win out on this item

Simple algebra... my teacher did say I'd use it one day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Help out your fellow couponers and let them know about your great deals at your local store!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
Or think of it this way. You get 10% off or sale price. Which ever is cheaper. Same with 20%. Have we confused you yet? Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisnsal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 10:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Or think of it this way. You get 10% off or sale price. Which ever is cheaper. Same with 20%. Have we confused you yet? Lol
No I think I'm starting to get it. I just don't like it. Lol
Old 07-24-2013, 02:10 AM

I never sleep...

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn85257 View Post
No I think I'm starting to get it. I just don't like it. Lol
You love it when you start getting more and more items for free with gold status. You'll just hate "X +UP wyb $XX" deals because you'll have to spend a little more with gold.

I taught a neighbor about couponing and we did a lipsmackers deal back in December. She was checking out and complained that the deal must have been regional because she didn't get her +UP. I looked at her and asked, did you hit Gold? She ended up buying one more lipsmacker.

Also, 232 points from Gold myself... another 20% discount next year!

!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchweasel

You love it when you start getting more and more items for free with gold status. You'll just hate "X +UP wyb $XX" deals because you'll have to spend a little more with gold.

I taught a neighbor about couponing and we did a lipsmackers deal back in December. She was checking out and complained that the deal must have been regional because she didn't get her +UP. I looked at her and asked, did you hit Gold? She ended up buying one more lipsmacker.

Also, 232 points from Gold myself... another 20% discount next year!
I agree. I do hate that part of being gold! And the fact that you have to spend exactly to get the ups. I'm use to spending the ups the next day. Probably because I have a good stockpile. I don't get as much stuff anymore. But I can see why others hate it!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:23 AM

I never sleep...

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I agree. I do hate that part of being gold! And the fact that you have to spend exactly to get the ups. I'm use to spending the ups the next day. Probably because I have a good stockpile. I don't get as much stuff anymore. But I can see why others hate it!
I cringe sometimes when I hear about a good deal because that means I have to go out again... with two kids! I wish they'd just go back to using the UPs the day we get them. It was so much easier and I had no problem going to the back of the line for my next order. I was easy going about that. Even now, when someone behind me only has a couple of things, they get to go first, but I always try to go when there's like no one in the store. That way I have the time to watch the monitor for errors.

!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchweasel View Post
Unlike CVS, 10-20% work on sale priced items unless they're more than % discount.

Febreze (RR $3.99) Example:
10% = Sale Price
$3.99 * .10 = $3.99 - $3.49
40 = 50
Sales price would win out on this item

20% = Sale Price
$3.99 * .20 = $3.99 - $3.49
79 = 50
Your 20% gold status would win out on this item

Simple algebra... my teacher did say I'd use it one day.
i know it takes the % off I just was referring to her 10% off wouldnt deduct anything further, i guess i didnt 'word ' it right. 10% would be $3.19 in which the sale price IS greater. it made sense in my head
Old 07-24-2013, 01:16 PM

I never sleep...

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1tvfan63 View Post
i know it takes the % off I just was referring to her 10% off wouldnt deduct anything further, i guess i didnt 'word ' it right. 10% would be $3.19 in which the sale price IS greater. it made sense in my head
You worded it right. Some people are better with math than with words. *me!* If you show me an algebra problem, I'll get it. If you TELL me an algebra problem (the train is moving west...), I'm totally lost and can only think of what color is the train.

!
The Following User Says Thank You to Winchweasel For This Useful Post: