Question On Using UP Rewards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

langel870
Question on using UP Rewards

Hi All,

I have a question about using UP Rewards to purchase items which qualify for more UP Rewards. For example, I bought 3 Loreal products (40% off) for a total value of $17.03. I used two RA VV coupons ($3 combined) and also used $2+UP from a previous purchase, making my OOP $12.03. The Loreal products qualified for a $5+UP wyb $15 worth. I received this $5+UP, but noticed on my receipt that my progress toward another +UP for the Loreal products was only $0.01. I believe the VV coupons aren't counted toward the total of $15, but my question is whether using the $2+UP lowered my total amount spent toward the reward?

I'm planning on using the $5+UP for a purchase this week ($3+UP wyb $10 of Maybelline), and I wanted to clarify this question!

Thanks for any help, and sorry if what I said was confusing!

Lisa
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM

RE: Question on using UP Rewards

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

jb-savin has posted more than 400 great deals!jb-savin has posted more than 400 great deals!jb-savin has posted more than 400 great deals!jb-savin has posted more than 400 great deals!jb-savin has posted more than 400 great deals!
Is there a limit on how many Loreal UP rewards you can earn? I've had it happen before with some of the makeup deals (usually Revlon) that there is a limit of one, but my receipt is still tracking after the first one. However, next time you go back it won't be on your receipt because they don't allow you to earn a second UP rewards for the same items.

BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION -- No, using UP rewards to pay for merchadise does not lower the total amount spent toward the reward. I've been in 2 RAs this week doing that buy $30 get $10 back OB/Visine/Viactiv deal, and the total cash I've spent has been like maybe $3, but everything is still tracking as if I paid full price (none of these -- RA in-ad coupons, manufacturer coupons, VV, and UP rewards -- lower the total towards your reward. Your reward is based on what an item rings up before you give them any of your coupons.)