I Need The Run Down On How Rite Aid Works Please!!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
thehowell5
I need the run down on how Rite Aid works please!!

Hi all!!

I am usually a Wags girl, and occasionally a CVS-er but I have never even been in a RA. The closest one is about 40 min away, however I've been seeing posts about great deals at RA lately, and was thinking of making the trip.

Can someone please tell me what Ups are? I'm thinking their like ECB or RR but do they work the same way...certain things...everything...?

I've read mentions of a $3/$15 order coupon from a survey...how do you get the survey? Chance? In the store?

What is a Wellness card? Is that just for scripts/meds? Or is like a Krogers Plus Card...anything that's on sale?

And finally (for now, )...what is the Right Guard deal at RA right now? I'll confess that the main reason I'm considering going 40 min away to RA is because I have read horror story after horror story about trying to get that deal at Wags!! I've heard some people say that at RA you will get 2 free Right Guard products per coupon whereas Wags seems to be hit or miss on whether or not they honor the coupon correctly.

If anyone could help me out at all I would really...really appreciate it. Thanks!!!!!!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 05:31 AM

RE: I need the run down on how Rite Aid works please!!

My Mood/Status:
Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowell5 View Post
Hi all!!

I am usually a Wags girl, and occasionally a CVS-er but I have never even been in a RA. The closest one is about 40 min away, however I've been seeing posts about great deals at RA lately, and was thinking of making the trip.

Can someone please tell me what Ups are? I'm thinking their like ECB or RR but do they work the same way...certain things...everything...?

For +UP Rewards, be sure to use your wellness+ card.

For a particular promotion, you need to buy all of the products on one transaction.

The circular lists +UP deals, and occassionally there are "hidden" deals where a member posts that he/she has received +UP rewards not listed in the circular. Run to the store if you want to take advantage of the hidden deals, they are known to not last the entire sale week!

* +UP rewards print out at the bottom of your receipt.
* +UP rewards are tied to your wellness card.
* +UP rewards expire usually 14-20 days from the time they are awarded, best to look at the expiration date listed.
* be sure to use your +UP rewards before they expire. They will beep if used after expiration and stores will not override.
* you can roll +UP rewards back into the same deal (unlike RR at Walgreens).
* +UP deals are unlimited unless stated otherwise in the ad. Deals that state "limit x per household" are tracked by wellness card. If you buy more than the stated limit +UP rewards will not print. Keep your eyes on the Rite Aid forum for AFCers experiences with a particular deal.
* if you don't get your +UP for some reason, corporate is great about sending a replacement one.

I've read mentions of a $3/$15 order coupon from a survey...how do you get the survey? Chance? In the store?

These will come off your receipt. I have heard that some areas are not getting them yet though.

What is a Wellness card? Is that just for scripts/meds? Or is like a Krogers Plus Card...anything that's on sale?

You can begin using your wellness+ account immediately by giving the cashier your phone number.

When you use your wellness+ card, you get benefits including UP+ rewards and your purchases (total purchase price before coupons) count toward a bonus program:

EARN POINTS EVERY TIME YOU SHOP
Earn one point for every dollar you spend on nonprescription purchases.
Earn 25 points for every prescription you purchase. (see details)
THE MORE POINTS YOU EARN, THE MORE REWARDS YOU'LL GET:

MEMBER LEVEL* POINTS REWARDS
plus for every 125 points† a one-time, 10% off shopping pass
silver + 500 points 10% off all non-prescription purchases every day
free health screenings4
gold + 1,000 points 20% off all non-prescription points purchases every day
*All members are enrolled at the plus level and can earn their way to silver+ and gold+.
†For every 125 points up to 375.

More details here: wellness program benefits and rewards

And finally (for now, )...what is the Right Guard deal at RA right now? I'll confess that the main reason I'm considering going 40 min away to RA is because I have read horror story after horror story about trying to get that deal at Wags!! I've heard some people say that at RA you will get 2 free Right Guard products per coupon whereas Wags seems to be hit or miss on whether or not they honor the coupon correctly.

Depending on your region, if you are short ad or Long ad, the wonderful people of AFC make a sticky thread for the week of all the great deals. Maybe your deal is listed in one of them. I personally am not aware of any Right Guard deal for this week, but I am not as caught up as I would like to be yet.

Rite Aid Short Ad Regions 5,7,9 3/18 to3/24/11
Freebies & Cheapies (Long Ad) 3/13-3/19

If anyone could help me out at all I would really...really appreciate it. Thanks!!!!!!
I pulled a lot of info from the sticky at the top of this forum.
http://www.afullcup.com/forums/rite-...-rite-aid.html There is some great info on these forums for you to browse through when you have the time I hope that this helps!

Last edited by Wanika; 03-18-2011 at 05:36 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wanika For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
thehowell5
Thank You Thanks so much Wanika!!

I figured that there was a RA run down/101 somewhere, but I'm accessing this site via an Android app so it's very difficult for me to navigate the site and find answers. I really, really appreciate you taking the time to help me out & post all that helpful info!!!! Sounds like Rite Aid is worth giving a try!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Do you need filler items at RA? Ex- If you are using 20 coupons but only have 19 itemss, and need to grab a cheap filler.

TIA
Old 03-18-2011, 05:13 PM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
also watch video values for extra coupons. i use those along with manufacturers coupons and when i can thier in ad coupons.
motrin pm i used vv q& man q the therma heat pads i used $3.00 off man q & $1.00 in ad q got $3.00 ups reward = $3.00 overage.loreal sleek hair care used $1.00 man qs &in ad Qs & vv qs along with the extra $2.00 vv $2.00 on beauty q. stacked 3 qs. used dove candy qvv man qs and got $5.00 ups rewards. purex crystals used man q and vv q stacked.
finish dispencer used 2 vv $1.00 qs & 2 $3.00 qs from finish sight they are bogo so 2 for
$2.98.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 PM

Feels like this yr is flying by

My Mood/Status:
xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenakay View Post
Do you need filler items at RA? Ex- If you are using 20 coupons but only have 19 itemss, and need to grab a cheap filler.

TIA
One manu q per item. UPs do not count as q's though, they are just like cash.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Wanika has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnellie146xx View Post
One manu q per item. UPs do not count as q's though, they are just like cash.
Just to clarify even further... It is one Manufacturer per item, but if you have an RA coupon (from the ad, or VV), then that can be used WITH the MQ for 1 item. You do not need to have more items then coupons like at walgreens. But you are only allowed 1 MQ and 1 RA coupon per item.