Empty Plastic Wipe Containers...smh

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 06:36 PM

RE: Empty plastic wipe containers...smh

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
pheephee has posted more than 400 great deals!pheephee has posted more than 400 great deals!pheephee has posted more than 400 great deals!pheephee has posted more than 400 great deals!pheephee has posted more than 400 great deals!
I use them to store UPC codes for rebating.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 09:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We've actually removed the top from a couple and turned them into doll beds and bath tubs. For the bed you can also recycle old receiving blankets as mattress, pillow and blanket for the dollies.
My DD loves to give her babies a bath and these are small enough that even if she spills it it's not too big a deal.

We also turned a couple into cars for DS and DD to play with. Use a nail and hammer (or drill if you have one) to poke holes in the container. Put two small dowels through (unsharpened pencils work well enough) and then attach "wheels" to the ends of the dowels. We've used the caps off of chocolate milk containers and the lids to those squeezable fruit snacks they sell for toddlers. Just glue them onto the ends of the dowels and make sure the holes are large enough for the dowels to turn freely. Cut a piece of cardboard just a little longer than will fit inside. Fold the ends of the cardboard to form a little platform over the dowels (we duct taped ours in place) and now you can put things inside your "car" and drive it around.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:48 AM

You've got to stand for something or you'll fall...

My Mood/Status:
MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Wow, what don't I use them for?

I use them for stockpiling items that are easier to store when the packages are removed and put into containers. I don't have a massive stock pile so it works well. I have them stacked up in my closet and labeled on the end so they can be easily accessed.

I work at a nursing home and regularly end up bringing home gloves (UNUSED!) that I put in my pocket and can't put back into boxes at work, so they have a wipe box too.

I have a mini first aid kit in the truck, hand sanitizer, band aids, triple antibiotic, anti itch cream, tylenol, etc.

I have one on my desk that holds small envelopes, pens, my mini stapler, stamps and small address book.

My finger nail polish (I'm pretty picky about colors so there's not a lot of them) are in another with files and polish remover.

As someone else posted I've take the top off a few of them and used them in the kitchen for envelopes of taco seasoning and the like.

My loose change goes in one.

This summer I started a mini picnic kit in the truck. Plastic forks, salt, pepper, fast food napkins, all that stuff that is needed but ends up at the bottom of the glove box.

Huh, feels like there's more of them filled with stuff than that!
The Following User Says Thank You to MykhalJaems For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 11:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
lrw2706 has posted more than 50 good deals
I use them to store my homemade dryer sheets.