Attn. Trash Pickers: What Did You Find On The Curb?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 11:03 PM

RE: Attn. Trash Pickers: What did you find on the curb?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My fiance and I got a 55 gallon fish tank on the next block. Literally 4 houses down on the same side of the street. It was so late at night we went to wherever we were going and told ourselves we'd take it if it was still there when we got back. It was. We put it in the back seat and threw the wood stand/ cabinet that held it on top of the car and just slowly rolled down the block . Looks and works great!

Do I owe you feedback?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Please pm me to lmk.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 12:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
Melema31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melema31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melema31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melema31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melema31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melema31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Melema31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
This is a funny story but to cut it short I had believed that I had accidentally thrown away a $1200 dollar check at the post office and I needed it to pay bills it was just before Xmas illegal or not I needed to find it. So after 3 days no check I was desperate.. So I decided I had no choice but to go look for my check I was surprised at what all I found!! Kroger coupon flyers pens Xmas cards unused bunches date planners unused but no check it finally appeared in my mail box the next day day my lights were to be cut off..
Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I dig in the recycling bins at my local recycling center. It's completely legal here so, . I find all types of stuff. MCR's *and lots of them too*, Kellogg's UPCS and Cars 2 codes, coupons galore, even Kroger mailers which I never seem to get. It's a little gold mine.

loving mom to Snickerdoodle (11 yrs)
& Sadie Belle (3 yrs)

& Minnie (12 weeks)

p.s. if you are looking for coke codes, pm me.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
springbreak84 has posted more than 25 good deals
My husband surprised me with a new-to-us TV for our bedroom that he found with a FREE sign on it. We had a very small TV in the bedroom, and while this new one isn't a flat-screen (our old one wasn't either), it fits in the space and we have a much larger picture!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 PM

loving saving money with y'all

My Mood/Status:
everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have an ironing board we found on the curb in Germany when stationed there in the 80's. I guess that is good life. My mom's ironing board we found by recycling bin 3 yrs ago. I brought it home to take it to the thrift shop. She said hey I need one.

My daughter found some Walking Liberty silver coins for my husband dumpster diving. He loves coins. Very nice free Christmas gift. He drools over them. Good thing they are in great cases. Yeap thrown away in collector cases.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!
Brand new mattress set, kids toys, baby supplies, metal(we are scrappers) of all kinds, the list is too long, we are scrappers and I'm a reseller so our eyes are ALWAYS searching. I can spot something in a dumpster that's not even in eyesight
and 2
and 2
Old 03-21-2012, 09:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have found small pieces of furniture in dumpsters but not a lot of stuff. I did find carpet for my dorm room once though.

I know someone who does a lemonade stand during the summer and they collect the carpet from the dumpsters on campus at the end of the semester and have enough to use one piece each time. I guess they spill and drip a bit and don't want to be standing in mud.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Reminds me of being a kid walking around with my red wagon finding treasures on junk days. A friend furnished his entire living room with curb finds
My stepmom was such good friends with her Walgreens mgr that he'd set items next to the dumpster so she wouldn't have to reach in Discontinued makeups, opened packages & such like that.
Recently found a perfectly good couch for my sister, cleaned it up and then found an end table to match
It's definitely a little game to curb hunt

Mama to outgoing 5 y.o. DS

"Never let the fear of striking out hold you back"

Old 07-09-2012, 05:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I found my grand-daughter toddler bed on a curb. It's a really nice one and it was just about 5 blocks and rode here on top of a car. It's a sleigh type and I put her name on the head board and she loves it.
. I have a perfect 3 year old grand-daughter who is a
Old 07-09-2012, 06:04 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
We do bulky pickups in the spring and fall. We find all kinds of things. Best finds so far:

6 ft tall accordion picture frame holder
3 ft tall Rubbermaid tool case
Fubu
and Stealth
Old 07-09-2012, 06:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susuz View Post
I know, we live near the University and I swear the best time is when the students move out in the spring. The dumpster was literally overflowing and stuff was beside it too, furniture, etc. My DH took one look at me and said "DON'T even think about it!"
Oh I look right at my DH and say I wasn't even thinking about it, I was just going to do it.

My latest find was a huge tote full of bigger outside trucks for my Grand -DAUGHTER. she is a cars & trucks kind of girl and wearing a tutu she can pull it all off. She was so happy to see her Papa bring those.
. I have a perfect 3 year old grand-daughter who is a
Old 08-05-2015, 03:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
wow you guys have found some cool things. I found a framed picture once that had a free sign on the curb. I gave to neighbor she loved it! I also found a box of plastic hangers recently at my moms apartment building someone put next to dumpster because it was full. they all looked clean but I threw in shower sprayed all down with a cleaner then rinsed. then wipe all down with wipes a lot of work but we use a lot of hangers. I use them to hang clothes to dry.

Tags
frugal, trash picking