Buying Used Furniture

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 12:08 PM

RE: Buying used furniture

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

bebelaw04 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bebelaw04 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bebelaw04 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bebelaw04 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bebelaw04 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bebelaw04 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bebelaw04 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bebelaw04 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bebelaw04 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I but my couches at clearance centers located in major furniture stores. Brand new, and usually $300 or less.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 12:22 PM

RE: Buying used furniture

listening to the music of the spheres
Buddhist Bon Vivant Pataphysicist!

My Mood/Status:
siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
We had a gorgeous Italian leather sofa for the last several years. I loved that thing and thought it was worth every penny we paid for it. Just this month, we decided to replace it because it was getting a little worn.

A really good piece of leather furniture is not cheap, so I was shocked when I saw just what we wanted on Craigslist for $200. I don't know why I decided to take a chance and make an appointment to look it over, but I am so glad I did! It was every bit as nice as described and the picture told no lies. We made the deal, paid our cash, and donated our old one to the DAV. I figure we saved at least $1,000.

When we bought it, the man who sold it said it had belonged to his brother who redecorated and donated it to this guy and his brand new wife, and now they were ready to start collecting furniture that fit their tiny apartment better. I feel like I owe everybody concerned a great big thank you letter for keeping "our new couch" in pristine shape...and for a once-in-a-lifetime deal!