Reuse Of Printing Paper?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 10:42 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

couponmamaoftwins has posted more than 150 good deals!couponmamaoftwins has posted more than 150 good deals!
reuse of printing paper?

So I print the coupons and a lot of the time there is 2/3 of the paper left after i cut the coupon. I hate to throw it away and usually give it to my girls to draw on. Has anybody tried to use the 2/3 sheet of paper to print another coupon on? Does it work or does it get stuck in the printer?
The Following User Says Thank You to couponmamaoftwins For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 10:49 AM

RE: reuse of printing paper?

AFC Star Member

simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I put these back thru the printer upside down and backwards (print on the back of the page just in case you make a mistake) so you won't print over your other Qs I do this all the time with Smartsource, coupons.com etc I can even print one at the top and one at the bottom and cut one of those off and run it back thru and print on the middle space that was left. Some times the Q comes with a half page ad or recipe so I just turn it over and print on the back. Saves alot of paper that way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simba123 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 AM

couponmamaoftwins has posted more than 150 good deals!couponmamaoftwins has posted more than 150 good deals!
thanks been wanting to try but wasn't sure if it would work. so on the ones that have the recipe, etc, the printed side goes down?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 AM

AFC Star Member

simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Watch very carefully when you print to see which end prints first then just turn it over and put the opposite end in first. Practice a couple of times on another page so you won't lose a Q or waste a print. I also feed mine in individually when I do this. I don't put them in with the other paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to simba123 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I run the 2/3's back through, but can't when it is about 1/2 of the page. The 1/2 page jams in my printer. When I have 1/2 or 1/3 unused, I save it and use them for my shopping lists when I am trying to work up my deals for CVS and such. Our 6 year old likes to draw too, so she gets some of them as well.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:48 PM

JVH has posted more than 5 good deals
I also wait to clip and feed the paper back through to print one on the other side. Then I use the (blank) middle for my shopping lists or scenarios, waste not want not!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
OnyxRDragon has posted more than 200 great deals!OnyxRDragon has posted more than 200 great deals!OnyxRDragon has posted more than 200 great deals!
I also put the qs back through the printer. Like another poster said, watch very carefully for which side and which orientation your printer prints and then just flip the paper over and then rotate it 180 degrees and stick back in the printer. The only issue you may have is if the coupon prints in the middle of the page or something. Since you can print most coupons twice, I print it once to check the location of the coupon and then print on the back for the second copy if I can.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:45 AM

Thankful, and oh so blessed!
Looser of Marbles

My Mood/Status:
~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!~Em~ has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I flip them as well. For awhile I wasted a half a page. That burned me up like nobodies business! So now there are still pieces left, and I use them to write my list for shopping trips to come
Old 07-29-2011, 12:51 AM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I print both sides BEFORE I cut....I do not try to put cut sheets back thru my printer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
The Following User Says Thank You to brook6 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 04:09 AM

Happy!

My Mood/Status:
my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!
Also another idea so you really don't have to worry about saving paper. If you aren't saving all of your kids homework or your hubby (or you) has a recycle bin at work use the other side of the paper to print your coupons on. It helps a lot too when you make a mistake at the store and the clerk has to look for your coupons yours are the ones with the crayon pictures, kids homework or hubby's work on the other side!! It's so funny...I always just tell them hey it's recycled paper and the clerks just laugh!

And I've done as the others have mentioned and turned over paper w/coupon on it and printed on the other side. Just make sure you pay attention on which way it needs to go in...don't know how many times I've printed over the same coupon!! LOL!
The Following User Says Thank You to my3littlextras For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 10:41 AM

bluegoddess has posted more than 400 great deals!bluegoddess has posted more than 400 great deals!bluegoddess has posted more than 400 great deals!bluegoddess has posted more than 400 great deals!bluegoddess has posted more than 400 great deals!
I make little notebooks out of the paper scraps. Just clip them together with a binder clip, and you've always got scrap paper when you need it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegoddess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 11:13 AM

janeysaurus has posted more than 25 good deals
Yeah, I've always done this, whether it's for coupons or printing other stuff. I have an older color laser printer without a duplex, so for years if I was doing some sort of batch printing, I'd set the print job to print odd pages collated, then manually put the prints back in to do the even pages collated.

So with coupons, if it's one of those single IPs, I'll print one then stick the paper back in to do the second print. For a batch print job, like the beginning-of-the-month coupon.com deals, I try really hard to select the coupons I want in multiples of threes to maximize the paper.
Occasionally I'll end up with a page that only has two coupons, like at Smartsource or Target, so I'll look around for a single IP Q I can print off.

The little odds and ends scraps from cutting out the IPs I save in a paper bag. I plan to use them as mulch or kindling or a worm compost bin starter or something like that.
I kinda suck at recycling; the city requires recyclables to be in blue plastic bags or those blue recycling containers. I use shopping totes, so I'm always short on blue plastic bags, I'm way too cheap to buy an overpriced recycling blue bin (unfortunately, the city doesn't give them out to residents like the suburbs do), and I'm way too forgetful to haul my crap to the bins that are like four blocks away.
So I tend to focus on the Reduce and Reuse part of the circle, that way I don't have tons and tons of crap to recycle.

Oh, and I do save the larger scraps to use for notes and lists and the like.
The Following User Says Thank You to janeysaurus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you look at where you load the paper in your printer it will show how the page feeds. It will show some squiggly lines on the side that it will print on and the lifted up corner shows where the "top" of the page will be. As for putting in partial pages - I do this on my printer often and after it prints the coupon I just hit the cancel button so that it quits waiting on the rest of the page. I however don't reuse the pages that print stuff on the entire page since I have had a not so bright cashier say it was a "copy" since there was stuff printed on the back.
The Following User Says Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 04:26 PM

How much will you save this year?

My Mood/Status:
Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I clip them together to use for notes to my DF & DS, and also to write my lists on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ronica447 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2012, 07:11 AM

AlPal has posted more than 25 good deals
You can also use all those scraps and packing material... If you sell on eBay you will definitely need packing material
The Following User Says Thank You to AlPal For This Useful Post: