Alternate Uses For Cascade Action Packs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Fyi Alternate uses for Cascade action packs

I don't have a dishwasher, but I got the free Cascade action packs at Walmart figuring I could find another use for them. I used them to clean my outdoor trash cans - just plopped one in and filled with water and let it dissolve. My second use was to wash a load of white laundry (I didn't want to risk bleaching out colors). My logic was that most stains are food stains, so it should work. I used just enough hot water to let the pack dissolve, and then switched the temperature to warm. It actually worked very well. Does anybody have any other alternate use ideas?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:01 AM

RE: Alternate uses for Cascade action packs

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
You can use dishwashing det. in your washer to remove grass stains.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to birdlady6262 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 07:35 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I know you can use the powder to clean toilets. Maybe you could let them dissolve and then clean the toilets.

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, drink in the other
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DawnG For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 07:46 AM

Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I used to watch this show on BBC America "How Clean is your house?" with two ladies that went to filthy house's to clean and help the people get back on track...They used dishwashing deterg. on the tubs w/ jets b/c it would safely clean and sanitize in there where you can reach (the jets) and it was amazing the gunk that came out...she always used the bubbling tabs for dentures for nasty toilets too...it was very cool show and educational I guess...but you needed a strong stomach.

A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 07:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Maggiew has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Cool ideas! Thanks for coming up with alternate uses. I don't have a dishwasher, so I haven't bought any of these before since I didn't have a use for them... I'm going to buy them now. I think I am going to try the garbage can idea this weekend..
The Following User Says Thank You to Maggiew For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!TinaF68 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnimae View Post
I used to watch this show on BBC America "How Clean is your house?" with two ladies that went to filthy house's to clean and help the people get back on track...They used dishwashing deterg. on the tubs w/ jets b/c it would safely clean and sanitize in there where you can reach (the jets) and it was amazing the gunk that came out...she always used the bubbling tabs for dentures for nasty toilets too...it was very cool show and educational I guess...but you needed a strong stomach.
I used to love that show! I wish I could remember more of their tips. I do recall them using shaving cream as a gentle cleaner for painted surfaces.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:05 AM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good ideas ladies!
Just dropped 2 of the Finish Quatum packs into the toilet-interested to see the results.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 09:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lovechelle27 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
These are great ideas!!! I would have never thought.. I just am excited to have cheap dishwasher tablets!!! GREAT POST!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lovechelle27 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 AM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just read online that if you dissolve a tab in a bucket of hot water, you can clean all the dirt and grime off patio furniture.
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!maxs2005 has posted more than 400 great deals!
They are also great for washing your walls,light swithces. I would have never even gave it a thought but a friend of mine who cleans houses told me I used it on my lawn furn. from being stored all winter and no scrubbing or smelly cleaning products.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!CountryGirlOH has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thanks to all! This is an AMAZING thread! I have an older dishwasher and it will NOT dissolve certain brands of dishwasher tabs. Therefore, I have several half used boxes under the sink of tabs I cannot use. Now you've got me thinking of about a million ways to use these!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CountryGirlOH For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!

THis thread is awesome!! Im loving all these ideas!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to famofthree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 PM

Jennifer

My Mood/Status:
babybutton004 has posted more than 75 good deals!
We should start a thread like this but with other household stuff. Like i was listening to the radio & it was "What's the weirdest thing you put in a dishwasher" someone said they used it to clean their bowling balls.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybutton004
We should start a thread like this but with other household stuff. Like i was listening to the radio & it was "What's the weirdest thing you put in a dishwasher" someone said they used it to clean their bowling balls.
My mom used to line her shoes with Stsyfree pads. It really is a perfect insole if you think about it.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:15 AM

jamie62622 has posted more than 10 good deals
Wow...lining shoes with pads. I am sooo gonna try this, I'm a nurse and my feet hurt so bad when I come home every night. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow now!! Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jamie62622 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 09:52 PM

Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
TinaF68 [quoteI used to love that show! I wish I could remember more of their tips. I do recall them using shaving cream as a gentle cleaner for painted surfaces.
][/quote]
If you ever run out of glass cleaner or just don't feel like running into the other room to get it while cleaning the bathroom the white kind of shaving cream, (not gel) cleans mirrors fantastic! I use it to clean my mirrors all the time and you only need a teeny bit...I use it to clean the faucets too.

A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:13 PM

Can't wait for summer!

My Mood/Status:
ytelmar has posted more than 100 good deals!ytelmar has posted more than 100 good deals!
Thanks for such great tips!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:41 PM

Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!
I sure do miss those 2 ladies. They were good and taught me a lot about different homemade remedies for cleaning, not to mention the comic relief I got from them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brutuses For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:45 PM

10/19 SS Complete Insert. PM Me For Prices
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuses View Post
I sure do miss those 2 ladies. They were good and taught me a lot about different homemade remedies for cleaning, not to mention the comic relief I got from them.
me 2
The Following User Says Thank You to couponaddicted For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 11:11 AM

Feels like this yr is flying by

My Mood/Status:
xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
For those thast put the cascade in the toilet, did you but it in the bowl or the pack part?
The Following User Says Thank You to xxnellie146xx For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 12:28 PM

blessed!

My Mood/Status:
virginiaclipper has posted more than 100 good deals!virginiaclipper has posted more than 100 good deals!
great thread!! i have used the tablets to wash the car with before....and it worked well i did put it in hot water to desolve then added to the bucket outside..