Goodwill Outlet!!!! (:

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 08:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Goodwill Outlet!!!! (:

Okay so not only did I NOT know there was a such thing as a Goodwill Outlet, I also had no idea there was one 20 minutes from my house!!!
I was searching craigslist for some yard sales to hit up this weekend when I noticed a Goodwill post and that's when I learned this!

I googled it and got a ton of info. When a regular goodwill can't sell an item or they just don't have anymore room they have the stuff picked up by the Goodwill Outlet. The Goodwill Outlet sells clothing at 1.39 per lb. 1.19 per lb after you hit the 20 lb mark. Household items are .59 per lb. Electronics and furniture are priced seperately. Books are .25-.50. Movies are .50.

If i'm remembering correctly, one shirt alone at the goodwill costs, what, 3dollars? Nothing is really organized at the outlet. I mean somewhat but it's really just tossed into bins. You really have to dig. I went for the first time yesterday and even though you have to dig through some junk to hit the goods, it was totally worth it.

I got 6 shirts, 2 baby outfits, 2 baby hooded towels, 2 books, and 2 movies for a total of 6.97. WOOHOO! All in good condition. 2 out of 6 shirts don't fit but i'm giving them to my mom (no dressing rooms). Going again today with my mom. She hasn't been yet. And they switch bins out every few hours so there will be different things today! Just want to share my finds! Thanks for reading and sorry it was long.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Gavin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and Adell
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 09:20 AM

RE: Goodwill Outlet!!!! (:

looking for a job
Crazy for coupons

My Mood/Status:
nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have one near my home too. I've been going for about a year. Mine is priced a little higher than yours. I find it best to go early in the morning when it isnt so crowded.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nygypsy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2011, 08:53 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!
Wow I didn't even know Goodwill had an outlet, interesting!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sanddollarmama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
olive78 has posted more than 10 good deals
Big fan of Goodwill! There is an outlet near me and I go there often and have found many good deals!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olive78 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2011, 03:58 PM

Southern Belle living in the great, white north!

Sautry1818 has posted more than 5 good deals
I just found a Goodwill outlet myself. I haven't been yet but, now I will go!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
roxiedoodle has posted more than 100 good deals!roxiedoodle has posted more than 100 good deals!
Just googled min in MN! Going to have to check it out very soon! Thank OP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roxiedoodle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 09:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
just looked it up, the closest one to me is an hour away. I may see if I can talk a friend or two into going on a day my husband can stay home with the kids. This could be a major way of saving on clothes for us. Thanks so much!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lovage2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:37 AM

is amazed at how blessed she truly is
Always ISO Pall Mall, Camel and Mt. Dew coupons

My Mood/Status:
ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ERHMomma has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Closest one to me is around 75 miles from me. Would be worth it if I could find someone to go with and split the gas with...but otherwise is a no go for me. Shucky darn! LOL

IVDSO girls 7/8 fall/winter clothing!
The Following User Says Thank You to ERHMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 12:25 PM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have one here in Winston Salem, about 30 minutes away. I love it. I limit myself to going every 2 months. I usually spend a hours there. The problem with ours now is families will come and when a new blue bin comes up they will line up and not let anyone in. Or they will let their kids run all around. The last time I was there I stopped a toddler from running through the doors in the back with all the stuff and the parent was so rude. I still enjoy it, but it is different then normal Goodwills. My best deal was about 6 weeks ago I got baby crib gear with the Babies R us logo for a brand and a sweater with the price tag on it of $179. Great haul. My husband and I left with 3 carts full to the top toppling over and we spent around $135. There are many deals to be had. My biggest tip is to have hand sanitizer with you. I use it quite a lot. A lot of people wear gloves but I find I cannot grab things as good so I avoid it. Oh and I take my wedding band off - do not want to lose that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ericlovesarah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 12:27 PM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMunion777 View Post
Okay so not only did I NOT know there was a such thing as a Goodwill Outlet, I also had no idea there was one 20 minutes from my house!!!
I was searching craigslist for some yard sales to hit up this weekend when I noticed a Goodwill post and that's when I learned this!

I googled it and got a ton of info. When a regular goodwill can't sell an item or they just don't have anymore room they have the stuff picked up by the Goodwill Outlet. The Goodwill Outlet sells clothing at 1.39 per lb. 1.19 per lb after you hit the 20 lb mark. Household items are .59 per lb. Electronics and furniture are priced seperately. Books are .25-.50. Movies are .50.

If i'm remembering correctly, one shirt alone at the goodwill costs, what, 3dollars? Nothing is really organized at the outlet. I mean somewhat but it's really just tossed into bins. You really have to dig. I went for the first time yesterday and even though you have to dig through some junk to hit the goods, it was totally worth it.

I got 6 shirts, 2 baby outfits, 2 baby hooded towels, 2 books, and 2 movies for a total of 6.97. WOOHOO! All in good condition. 2 out of 6 shirts don't fit but i'm giving them to my mom (no dressing rooms). Going again today with my mom. She hasn't been yet. And they switch bins out every few hours so there will be different things today! Just want to share my finds! Thanks for reading and sorry it was long.
I have found my store will let you leave everything in your cart and check it all out as one price if you have a large mix. There are a few times I just have books or glassware and they do the separate little scale, but usually all my stuff stays in my cart and it is weighed on the big scale. It is actually much easier. Our prices are a little higher though. $1.59 a pound until the 25 pound mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericlovesarah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!laney5454 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
NJ's Goodwill Outlet store is in Atlantic City

AFC is my FAVORITE coupon site!
The Following User Says Thank You to laney5454 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:09 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Anyone know how I can find out if there is one in Ga? I can't seem to find any information.

I'm Jennifer Happy Working Homemaker
Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Who wants to join me in a OHC?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:48 PM

on the hunt for good deals
CVS Addict

My Mood/Status:
feisty83 has posted more than 10 good deals
I'm SUPER lucky and there's 3 outlets in Indianapolis. I literally drive almost 2 hours to them. Haha.. It's worth it though. My husband and I stay a few hours to be able to search different rotations.. and EVERYTHING is 69lb at Indy's now regardless of how many pounds you buy.
I hate the fact that people will fight over stuff though. The serious re-sellers that go are like ninjas getting in front of people and bumping into you. I don't know how else to describe it other than CRAZY.. think black friday every 2 hours and I'm not exaggerating!
Oooooh and please be careful digging through the stuff! Theres is lots of broken glass, wet clothing (gag) and even mildewy items. The 'regulars' wear gloves I always pack hand sanitizer!
I can't find an actual list of Goodwill's website of all the locations, but I did find this link below that lists some. Since I haven't posted 15 times yet.. I cannot post the link PM me if you want it.
The Following User Says Thank You to feisty83 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 03:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I LOVE my goodwill outlet store.I have found some awsome deals.At my store you have to be there when they open or when they roll a new blue container out.My store is always packed.My last trip I found 5 pairs of Holister jeans for my dd.Payed 3.75 for my buggy of stuff.Saved about 250.00 in jeans alone.I will spend at least 2 hrs there looking.I always take my hand santizer.You have to dig to find the good stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to momabrown3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Can someone please post a link to find out locations. I am very interested in this. Thank you!

ISO .55/1 or 1.00/2 2lt q.s (Especially for Sunkist products)
Old 12-13-2011, 05:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We just got one of these and I love it(newton n.c.)
Old 12-13-2011, 06:35 AM

ml3 has posted more than 200 great deals!ml3 has posted more than 200 great deals!ml3 has posted more than 200 great deals!
we also have one. havent gone yet, maybe in the new year
Old 12-14-2011, 05:26 PM

hoping for a good day

My Mood/Status:
foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!
if you google goodwill outlet locations , it should pull up links with a list of locations
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foreveretc For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 05:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Vegas1 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yay! We do have one in St Louis - 3728 Market St. About 1hr & 15 min away, but we are out that way at least twice a month. Thank you!

ISO .55/1 or 1.00/2 2lt q.s (Especially for Sunkist products)
Old 12-14-2011, 11:25 PM

hoping for a good day

My Mood/Status:
foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!
None near me
Old 12-19-2011, 06:39 AM

Jackie

My Mood/Status:
SaverJ12 has posted more than 50 good deals
Hey thanks for Goodwill outlet info!! I'm going to check my area for one!!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Trying to be a Proverbs 31 woman

My Mood/Status:
brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
One of the Goodwill stores near me has a section in the back called "The Treasure Store" that sounds a lot like what y'all are talking about. We pay .80 per pound for clothing, shoes, purses, & household linens. The hours are shorter than the rest of the store, closing at 3 pm daily. If you're driving a distance to get to one, check the hours first.
, Colton
, & Reagan
The Following User Says Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
Martinezkt has posted more than 10 good deals
There has been an outlet near my house for years now. I have been going at least 5 years if not longer. They orignially started out that each article of clothing was .50 cents then .75 cents and now it is .80 and item. I love it and I am in there about 3-4 times a week. They put targets close out things in mine so for chirstmas I got zoobles new in the box for just .50cents! I love it!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Martinezkt For This Useful Post: