Refilling Lysol No Touch...

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 07:57 PM

RE: Refilling Lysol no touch...

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just an FYI. I have a sink (the kind that looks like furniture) with a marble top. When my kids would wash their hands apparently they would go in front of the sensor and it leaked ont he marble. It has made the marble in the are where the saop sat rough and made it non shiny. I have a complaint into the company. I have to take pictures, etc (not sure it will even show up in the pics due to the glare from the light and the bathroom is a small 1/2 bath that I am worried I will not be able to get far enough away to angle to keep from getting a glare)Anyway- I need to take care of getting the pics nad sending them in. I doubt they would replace the price of the entire sink. I am not sure if I could get a new top cut for it. But I did want to warn anyone that has these. GOod luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always looking for a deal!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-07-2010, 10:40 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Try taking the pictures with low light behind you and mske sure the camara flash is on. Put dark matt paper behind where you are taking the pic like backdrop sortof. When setting up the lens dont shoot drectly at the spot. But above onto the dark paper but with the damaged counter in the bottom of the photo so the flash will not bounce off the area you are trying to get. That should help with the glare. Wont eliminate it but should really cut it.

I hope I explained that well enough.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM

KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Good to know! My son got one as a holiday gift (sort of a gag gift but he actually likes it). He doesn't like the smell of the Lysol soaps though, so I can now refill it with anything I like! Thanks!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 AM

Chica the pug says "Howdy y'all!"

My Mood/Status:
ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
These are great ideas! As a rule, I don't buy antibacterial hand soap. I was wondering how I could repurpose the dispenser for "regular" soap.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:43 AM

KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaInTexas View Post
These are great ideas! As a rule, I don't buy antibacterial hand soap. I was wondering how I could repurpose the dispenser for "regular" soap.
Why not?! I'm doing exactly that...

Last edited by KPSimon; 01-21-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:14 AM

Chica the pug says "Howdy y'all!"

My Mood/Status:
ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ChicaInTexas has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have a degree in microbiology and I do not think antimicrobial soap is a good choice for my family. We don't have anyone in the house who is very young, very old or immunosuppressed. The antimicrobial component in the soap can encourage resistance in bacteria found in the environment.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChicaInTexas For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaInTexas View Post
I have a degree in microbiology and I do not think antimicrobial soap is a good choice for my family. We don't have anyone in the house who is very young, very old or immunosuppressed. The antimicrobial component in the soap can encourage resistance in bacteria found in the environment.
Yes...I know.

I didn't mean mean 'why not' as in "why aren't you putting in antibacterial soap".

I meant 'why not' as in "why not put in whatever you want"! Heck the dispenser isn't going to know if the soap in it is antibacterial or not...so I don't see why it wouldn't work to use most kinds of regular liquid hand soap.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 PM

gr8hse has posted more than 10 good deals
I have used a butter knife 3 times, and the 4th time I broke the bottle. So bummed I had to purchase a new bottle. This time, I had my DH drill a little hole on top and he found a little rubber plug to seal the hole, that seems to work better for me. I refill it with soft soap, i have a HUGE Soft soap refill bottle that DH picked up at a Office Depot for $2.00 last year.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8hse
I have used a butter knife 3 times, and the 4th time I broke the bottle. So bummed I had to purchase a new bottle. This time, I had my DH drill a little hole on top and he found a little rubber plug to seal the hole, that seems to work better for me. I refill it with soft soap, i have a HUGE Soft soap refill bottle that DH picked up at a Office Depot for $2.00 last year.
I did the same drill/plug trick with my swifter wetjet and was planning the same with these Lysol containers.

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
The Following User Says Thank You to GaryInOhio For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2011, 08:33 AM

Goonies Never Say Die

My Mood/Status:
knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
THIS is why I love you guys! Great tip, thanks! I saw these on clearance yesterday at Dollar General but I still didn't want to pay the $2 they were asking. Now if anyone figures out how to refill the little aerosol cans for the Glade air fresheners, I'd be ecstatic! Too bad my qs won't work on Dollar General's generic version...!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!
I was able to pop the top off one with a butter knife today to refill it.

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
Old 04-26-2011, 03:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
pogo2001 has posted more than 1 good deal
I refilled mine today .I put a small hole in the bottom.refilled it with a turkey injection needle filled with hand soap ..you can take it out if you need to make the hole with a knife.I dident try to take off the top because I think it might mess up with despising the soap works fine . I Hope You try too .
Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
sully1464 has posted more than 10 good deals
My hubby drilled a smallish hole (about 3/4") in the top. we use it to refill, never removing the unit...i keep my soap dispenser near the sink, put set aside a little...my 2 kiddos haven't fouled it up...just fill in the top when it starts getting low
Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
432pam has posted more than 25 good deals
i bought the Lysol starter kit but it didn't come with the soap. i was wondering if any one knows where i could find coupons for the soaps or where to find them cheap.
The Following User Says Thank You to 432pam For This Useful Post:

Tags
lysol, refill yourself