Repurpose That Ketchup Squeeze Bottle!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 07:37 PM

RE: Repurpose that ketchup squeeze bottle!

is addicted to hillbillyhousewife.com!

My Mood/Status:
bjordan101 has posted more than 400 great deals!bjordan101 has posted more than 400 great deals!bjordan101 has posted more than 400 great deals!bjordan101 has posted more than 400 great deals!bjordan101 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Did this tonight for dinner....we had a breakfast/dinner tonight. (pancakes and breakfast sausage links with some fruit)

I LOVED using my squeeze bottle (i actually used an empty mayo squeeze bottle) and it was awesome! I also made my pancakes from scratch. I put the left over mix in the fridge. Tomorrow I will make the rest of it and freeze the pancakes for the kids for a quick breakfast before school :-)

LOVED THIS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and Jordan (10)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjordan101 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:40 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!beckybac has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavourneen View Post
I've been contemplating how to fill it - and I think the best idea I've come up with is to mix the batter by hand as normal in a bowl, then spoon it into a plastic ziploc bags, cut the tip off the bag and pipe it into the ketchup bottle.

As for me, I don't think I'd keep the batter longer than about 3 days. I suspect it would turn fairly quickly...

I am thinking a funnel would work.OR how about if you make your own funnel by cutting a soda bottle in half!! Use the top part as the funnel , the opening would be big enough to allow the batter to go smoothly into the ketchup bottle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beckybac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2009, 10:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
neidert has posted more than 300 great deals!neidert has posted more than 300 great deals!neidert has posted more than 300 great deals!neidert has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
I've been contemplating how to fill it - and I think the best idea I've come up with is to mix the batter by hand as normal in a bowl, then spoon it into a plastic ziploc bags, cut the tip off the bag and pipe it into the ketchup bottle.

As for me, I don't think I'd keep the batter longer than about 3 days. I suspect it would turn fairly quickly...
well i think i would use a funnel
The Following User Says Thank You to neidert For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2009, 11:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
neidert has posted more than 300 great deals!neidert has posted more than 300 great deals!neidert has posted more than 300 great deals!neidert has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjordan101 View Post
Did this tonight for dinner....we had a breakfast/dinner tonight. (pancakes and breakfast sausage links with some fruit)

I LOVED using my squeeze bottle (i actually used an empty mayo squeeze bottle) and it was awesome! I also made my pancakes from scratch. I put the left over mix in the fridge. Tomorrow I will make the rest of it and freeze the pancakes for the kids for a quick breakfast before school :-)

LOVED THIS
omg i love breakfast for super dont it seem to taste better
i think i seen coupons for sausage links and patties on ebay maybe i better stock up now i got the taste for breakfast
The Following User Says Thank You to neidert For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2009, 01:20 PM

lthorogood has posted more than 50 good deals
That is a great idea!! I have a ketchup bottle that will be empty soon. But it think the pancake idea can be used on any type of resuable bottle like the salad dressing ones too. I am so excited! I think the best way is to make paper funnel and pour dry pancake mix into bottle, add water and shake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lthorogood For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 PM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
I started laughing when I saw this. Duh. What a clever idea.

Ketchup Bottle as Pancake Batter Dispenser :A clever way to repurpose an everyday item.

Original purpose: Flavoring Mom's meat loaf.
Aha! use: Portioning pancake batter with precision―and without the usual mess of transferring batter from the bowl. Squeeze out baby-size or plate-size rounds, or add Mickey Mouse ears to a batch of silver dollars.
Reward: Restaurant-worthy flapjacks.
What a genius idea!

OMG I cant believe I never thought of it! Thanks!

I'm a
who is a
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following User Says Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2009, 09:59 PM

Wishing for whirled peas

My Mood/Status:
esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm glad my kids didn't see this. They'd want me to empty our current ketchup bottle for either a waterfight or those awesome sounding designer pancakes.
The Following User Says Thank You to esquala For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 PM

I HAVE A FEVER AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE COUPONS!

My Mood/Status:
danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
now i want to go and dump out my ketchup bottle! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to danielephant For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2009, 01:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
kansaslaura has posted more than 50 good deals
A funnel would be just fine for filling that bottle, I speak from experience!
Old 06-14-2009, 02:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Loading... has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Love it! Im going to do that!!
*~*~*~*

The Following User Says Thank You to Loading... For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2009, 05:22 PM

Today is a good day!!
Live, Laugh, Love

My Mood/Status:
cancer_survivor has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cancer_survivor has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cancer_survivor has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cancer_survivor has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cancer_survivor has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cancer_survivor has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cancer_survivor has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Awesome idea!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:59 PM

Couponing Since 05!
Coupon Addict & Lovin It!

My Mood/Status:
applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
thats a really good idea. cept that i never make pancakes

[b]Wife to Tim
The Following User Says Thank You to applerama For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2009, 01:11 PM

is always looking for a great deal.....
CVS Lover ......................... . Target Newbie

My Mood/Status:
ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashtel has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ME
DS
DD
DS
The Following User Says Thank You to ashtel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 PM

teacher123199 has posted more than 25 good deals
I've done this (pancake batter) with the sqeezable mayo/miracle whip bottles. No mess when you stop squeezing--even works for my 8 yr old DD.
The Following User Says Thank You to teacher123199 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM

Momma to 2 babies:)

Shannak has posted more than 25 good deals
Great idea-and my ketchup bottle is almost empty!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shannak For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 03:31 PM

is eager to learn to save

My Mood/Status:
gladpen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!gladpen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!gladpen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!gladpen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!gladpen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!gladpen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!gladpen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!gladpen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I just love the ideas for the empty bottles my 16 dd will love it too !!
The Following User Says Thank You to gladpen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 03:37 PM

not again!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
We use them for snow cone flavors in the summer! I use koolaid and sugar and keep the in the fridge door
Old 06-26-2009, 04:00 PM

couponing browncoat

My Mood/Status:
amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
great idea, you could mix up the batter the night before so breakfast was
faster too.

wife to DH
,mom to DS
,keeper of a
The Following User Says Thank You to amandatockert For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 10:49 PM

*sigh*

My Mood/Status:
mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mlb1985 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sounds Like A GREAT way to Save Money AND time!

I never Want to get up early But MAYBE i will Make This now and Have my Hubby some Pancakes in the AM :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to mlb1985 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2009, 09:53 PM

sskodace has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sskodace has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sskodace has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sskodace has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sskodace has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sskodace has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
This one isn't edible but my 2 boys use a ton of liquid bath soap/bubbles. I pour 1tsp-1tbsp in a ketchup/mustard bottle and add water and shake it up. The boys each get their own and when it's gone/empty they're done with the soap. Its really helped with wasting soap and makes great bubbles!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sskodace For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2010, 11:46 PM

coupons are our friends!

My Mood/Status:
justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
you could even use salad dressing bottles, wouldn't hold near as much, but you could
AFC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justfluffyme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I always learn something new on AFC!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cathyw For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would imagine if you are going to pre-mix the batter and then use a funnel it might be better to use a non stick cooking spray to spray the funnel with so that the batter will just slide right in- and clean up would be easier. Otherwise I would imagine the batter will clog up the funnel or take longer to fill.....worht trying! I agree about the idea being great- but like the idea of taking it camping even better- I have to do this- we are going camping soon too!

Always looking for a deal!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to poshpoodle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
j4jac has posted more than 200 great deals!j4jac has posted more than 200 great deals!j4jac has posted more than 200 great deals!
Wow! What a neat idea!! Now I just need a recipe. I have an almost empty bottle. We go thru so much ketchup!
The Following User Says Thank You to j4jac For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 AM

supermama73 has posted more than 50 good deals
Oh my goodness! What a great idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to supermama73 For This Useful Post: