P&G Rebate Card Received Now How To Cash Out?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 12:52 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

majiaweisuo has posted more than 200 great deals!majiaweisuo has posted more than 200 great deals!majiaweisuo has posted more than 200 great deals!
P&G rebate card received now how to cash out?

I received my prepaid card today but have no idea how to cash out the money?

Our family have a high bill on something other than grocery so we need to pull out for gas, rent etc...

But how?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 01:22 AM

RE: P&G rebate card received now how to cash out?

Patiently waiting for the day I can begin...
Always looking for "actuals"

My Mood/Status:
aidensmama has posted more than 200 great deals!aidensmama has posted more than 200 great deals!aidensmama has posted more than 200 great deals!
I'm assuming it is like the ones I've received in the past. You use it like a credit card at a store to pay for your purchase. Can't get cash from it.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 AM

Grounded for Life

majiaweisuo has posted more than 200 great deals!majiaweisuo has posted more than 200 great deals!majiaweisuo has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidensmama
I'm assuming it is like the ones I've received in the past. You use it like a credit card at a store to pay for your purchase. Can't get cash from it.
When I checked out they asked for a pin( actually used as a debit card). But I don't have it?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:08 AM

Patiently waiting for the day I can begin...
Always looking for "actuals"

My Mood/Status:
aidensmama has posted more than 200 great deals!aidensmama has posted more than 200 great deals!aidensmama has posted more than 200 great deals!
You need to have them process it as a credit card. Im guessing there is a Visa or Master Card logo on the front of the card?? If so, you can use it wherever it's accepted. So if you go to the grocery and you buy $100.00 worth of groceries have the cashier process the rebate card first before you pay with your cash/check or credit card. The amount that has been loaded onto your P&G rebate card will automatically come off. So if you have $10.00 on the rebate card, then $10.00 will be applied to your amount owed for groceries. It has to be used as a credit card as they don't allow cash back on the rebate cards.

Don't use it at a gas station. That is always a nightmare in my opinion. and I would use it all in one transaction so you don't forget about it.

HTH
Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 AM

Grounded for Life

RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidensmama View Post
You need to have them process it as a credit card. Im guessing there is a Visa or Master Card logo on the front of the card?? If so, you can use it wherever it's accepted. So if you go to the grocery and you buy $100.00 worth of groceries have the cashier process the rebate card first before you pay with your cash/check or credit card. The amount that has been loaded onto your P&G rebate card will automatically come off. So if you have $10.00 on the rebate card, then $10.00 will be applied to your amount owed for groceries. It has to be used as a credit card as they don't allow cash back on the rebate cards.

Don't use it at a gas station. That is always a nightmare in my opinion. and I would use it all in one transaction so you don't forget about it.

HTH
Yup... gas stations are awful if you're using it at the pump. Always asks for a zip code (that you don't know!)
The Following User Says Thank You to RachelArsenal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 AM

Grounded for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidensmama

HTH
Silly questions again, I assume when check out the system would automatically check if it is debit or credit. A signature for a credit while a pin for debit. How to force cashier to do as credit?

I was always asked for a pin where I have no idea where I can get it!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 AM

Grounded for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelArsenal

Yup... gas stations are awful if you're using it at the pump. Always asks for a zip code (that you don't know!)
I am fine with a zip I assume that would be zip when mailing your rebate. Can u tell me more specific how to use the card at pump? TIA

Last edited by majiaweisuo; 04-29-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:23 AM

Grounded for Life

RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!RachelArsenal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by majiaweisuo View Post
I am fine with a zip I assume that would be zip when mailing your check. Can u tell me more specific how to use the card at pump? TIA
Like when you pay at the pump, the pump prompts you to type in your zip code. It's a safeguard, because it's a form of self-pay, and has been abused by people stealing credit/debit cards, and using them places where no ID is required (like the pump!)

So, using the rebate pre-paid cards at the pump, it still prompts you to type in the zip code. I have tried doing MY zip code (since I'd hope they'd be considerate enough to pre-program it with my info on it... Nope) and the zip code on the envelope it was mailed from. Again... it did not work. I was finally able to have success, a few days later, using it at a pump, by calling the company, giving them my info and the card info, and asking them what the zip code was that was tied to that card. It wasn't mine or the one on the check, it was a totally different one in Arkansas!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 AM

Grounded for Life

Quote:
Silly questions again, I assume when check out the system would automatically check if it is debit or credit. A signature for a credit while a pin for debit. How to force cashier to do as credit?

I was always asked for a pin where I have no idea where I can get it!!!
On your checkout keypad, when Credit or Debit option pops up, just punch Credit.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:04 AM

qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
I received my prepaid card today but have no idea how to cash out the money?

Our family have a high bill on something other than grocery so we need to pull out for gas, rent etc...

But how?
I agree with another poster. If you have cash set aside for groceries, just use your rebate card to pay for groceries and take that amount of cash from your grocery budget and use for your other more pressing items. I do it all the time.