Organizing Rebate Stuff???

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 AM

RE: Organizing rebate stuff???

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Www.houseparty.com shoul get you there. Once you fill out your profile you will just need to apply for the individual parties you would be interested in hosting. It's pretty easy get a party about every 8 months, I have no idea if that is average though.

I just got an iPhone a friend added me to her line so we could get a rate reduction. I thought about it for the better part of a year. Trying to decide f I could offset enough of the bill with money generating apps to justify it. I don't expect to cover it completely but hope for enough that it makes it a more reasonable expense. For this month I am failing but it is new to me. And i Am enjoying the entertainment aspects enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
House Party > Welcome! shoul get you there. Once you fill out your profile you will just need to apply for the individual parties you would be interested in hosting. It's pretty easy get a party about every 8 months, I have no idea if that is average though.

I just got an iPhone a friend added me to her line so we could get a rate reduction. I thought about it for the better part of a year. Trying to decide f I could offset enough of the bill with money generating apps to justify it. I don't expect to cover it completely but hope for enough that it makes it a more reasonable expense. For this month I am failing but it is new to me. And i Am enjoying the entertainment aspects enough.
Thanks again, I swear you are one of the most helpful people on AFC

I am going to have to give in on the phone thing. Mine is doing some crazy stuff now, and with the kids I can't have them not be able to get a hold of me. The screen is cracked, it barely holds a charge, and now I can't really read text messages due to the black lines that get bigger everyday. I am holding out till end of January though. I am one of those people who will drive a car till it falls apart just to not have a car payment. We went 10 years without one, and I got so spoiled. So to spend all that money on a phone is ludicrous to me. But like I said I see myself giving in within the next month Again thanks for being awesome!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda

Thanks again, I swear you are one of the most helpful people on AFC

I am going to have to give in on the phone thing. Mine is doing some crazy stuff now, and with the kids I can't have them not be able to get a hold of me. The screen is cracked, it barely holds a charge, and now I can't really read text messages due to the black lines that get bigger everyday. I am holding out till end of January though. I am one of those people who will drive a car till it falls apart just to not have a car payment. We went 10 years without one, and I got so spoiled. So to spend all that money on a phone is ludicrous to me. But like I said I see myself giving in within the next month Again thanks for being awesome!
Thanks for the compliment!

I had a stupid low phone bill for at least the last five years. We are pay as you go and since my mom got a computer and we Skype and I otherwise hate the phone...I probably spent $20 every three months. So the sticker shock of an iPhone was huge. But since I started the coupon game I have really curbed other expenses as well. We rarely spend oop for hba, food bill is low except for fresh produce, the rebates, I have even found a way to subsidies our movies (home and at the theater). I really thought about it and I think this can help me break through to another level and I enjoy it as entertainment. If I find that I can't make up a good bit of the difference with couponing i couldnt do pre iphone I am willing to sacrifice in other areas.

I have started an iPhone thread in the CVS section so stop in to see what people think are helpful apps for couponing!

Food for thought...if others you typically communicate with have an iOS device, you can use the message app to send messages...a lot like texts but free to other iOS devices. Or you can emai others on their devices. I opted to not get a texting plan so that saves some off the monthly bill.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Checking it out right now!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:22 AM

katmac98 has posted more than 25 good deals
monkeydawn, I was reading the thread on beer rebates and "no beer purchase required rebates". I have done rebates for years, but didn't know anything about the beer rebates. I live in Texas and I was wondering if I can do these or am I excluded from this. I had never heard of houseparty, but I am going to check into it. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I would have never known!
The Following User Says Thank You to katmac98 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2013, 07:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katmac98
monkeydawn, I was reading the thread on beer rebates and "no beer purchase required rebates". I have done rebates for years, but didn't know anything about the beer rebates. I live in Texas and I was wondering if I can do these or am I excluded from this. I had never heard of houseparty, but I am going to check into it. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I would have never known!
I think I have seen a few tx ones. You may have loads that I never see. If they aren't valid in ny I wouldn't know about them. The only real way to tell is start searching the fsot forum or cruise the beer aisles.

I forget about these because ny has funny alcohol rules but there are also wine tags. These can be in the form of a rebate or in the form of a discount when purchasing the item. I have seen things like $3 off sub $3.01 fresh veggies. If your area gets those you are lucky. I have practically salivated over some I've seen others get. I don't know too much about them, for my sanitys sake I had to stop reading about them since we don't get them here

Last edited by monkeydawn; 01-13-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
grayspinner has posted more than 75 good deals!
The rebates I do are all no beer purchase required ones and I organize with a 3 ring notebook.

In the front section, I have some clear plastic pockets that I keep my forms in.

In the back section, I have about 8 plastic pockets/velcro-close folder type things that I keep my receipts in. One month of receipts per pocket, most recent in the front. I will sort my receipts into categories & paperclip them together: produce items, salty snacks, water, meats, seafood, general groceries... This makes it easier to find receipts to match my rebates.

In the middle section I have notebookpaper in tabbed section. There is one tab per processing company (Inmar, Miller/Coors, Anhauser-Bush, Crown...). On the tab I have the company's contact information - phone # & website for tracking (if available).

Then when I send off a rebate, I record on the notebook paper in the appropriate section the following info:
Line 1: offer details ($x from $x purchase), the beer brand, date sent
Line 2: receipt details (FL 3/29 $x worth of whatever) and offer # (box # too for ABrebates)

As I check my rebate status, I record next to the date sent info like - qualified or check sent

When I receive my checks, I put a checkmark to the left of the information.

This helps me easily know which offer #s I've done (since some forms look identical but have different #s), what the status is and which I'm still waiting on and for how long.

I find the NBPR rebates well worth doing - I usually get about $100-200/month from them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grayspinner For This Useful Post: