How Often Do You Get Your Refunds?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
How often do you get your refunds?

I did quite a bit of refund based freebies last summer and sent them all in by their deadline in the fall. It's spring and I only got one returned to me which meant that some of my deals weren't as big a money saver as I originally planned for. How many of you never get your refunds back?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 12:58 PM

RE: How often do you get your refunds?

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
by refunds you mean TMFs from different products you tried? I've gotten 95% of mine and I keep track since I scan my submissions and soon as I get the check, I delete them from my file. Beer rebates have come in 100% for me within 6 weeks, maximum of 8 weeks. If I don't get them after 2 months, I call them to ask if there's an issue with my submission.

If you submitted fall 2011 and have not received them by now, make sure to contact the company. If you scanned your forms and there are toll free numbers, call to ask about status of your rebates. If you didn't scan/make copies, you may be SOL w/o any proof of your submission.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 AM

GRCPhT has posted more than 75 good deals!
Same here. I learned the hard way to keep copies. I just scan my form, any UPCs and receipt and mark when it was mailed. When the check comes, in the shredder it goes. It doesn't take much extra time or room and is a BIG help. To date, the only rebate I've had an issue with, after keeping copies, is the Cardio Juice TMF which worked out in the end.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GRCPhT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 06:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I try to do as many rebates as I can (if it's a product I'll use) and so far I can't say I've been burned all that often. I can think of one from last year and dummy me didn't make a copy. I can't believe I didn't think to SCAN instead of copy, thanks JOSHMAMABEAR. Sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you.

The only other thing I can think of is to read the fine print. I do remember on that said "while supplies last" well their supplies/money didn't last to do my rebate. I'm kinda wondering if it was a scam, but too late now.
Andrew, Mom to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydoly13 View Post
The only other thing I can think of is to read the fine print. I do remember on that said "while supplies last" well their supplies/money didn't last to do my rebate. I'm kinda wondering if it was a scam, but too late now.
Great tip! There were rebates in the past where I didn't read carefully and didn't realize they were asking for the UPC barcode. Sometimes, they were easy to fix just with a re-submission of the UPC but if I've already thrown the packaging, I'm SOL.

I also stay away from beer rebates that DO NOT say all the states they are valid. I prefer those that make it clear where they are valid regardless of where/how I found the forms. I got denied postcards from those companies saying the rebate forms were not distributed in my state(!) so my submission is denied

on the WSL, that is also very important and it happened with the Brita pitcher MIR which the mfr decided to cancel way BEFORE the online rebate form expired. I've read the WSL clause is enough to cover them in case of legal disputes. I submit soon as I find the offer while their offer is still live online. Once they pull it out, I know I'll be taking a risk just like what happened to the recent Nasal Ease rebate offer.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 01:57 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I didn't get an Autozone sparkplug rebate (worth $30) or my P&G rebate from last fall or my lysol wipes rebate. I did get my Pirates Booty/Pirates DVD rebate but that was it. I know for a fact I'm doing them all correctly, word for word all I's dotted and all T's crossed. I find it super frustrating. I didn't make copies, which was my complete mistake, I should have.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sorry to hear about that - I don't doubt that they make mistakes or some other problem. I did get the lysol wipes from this year, I know they ran one last year and again this year. As far as the other two I'm not familiar with them. I wouldn't give up on rebates, just make sure they have some contact info on them and keep copies. And even if you do make copies and it's lost in the mail or something, I don't know what you can do. All in all, they are more than worth it to me, my experiences are 95% good.
Andrew, Mom to
(George),
The Following User Says Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
I'm the most angry about the autozone rebate, the rest I can let slide. It was the highest value! The pirates booty was my happiest because I used a q on the dvd and bought it at safeway when it was on sale and came with the pirates booty for free. *insert wicked coupon laugh here*

Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
Yeah I understand, that's why I only do rebates on things that I already use or have really wanted to try. If it's not then I prob won't do it cuz I then I'd feel like I lost money. But I also try to tell myself "you win some, you lose some", unfortunately we can't get all the deals and I'm sure you've made deals that others missed out on. But I know how frustrating it is.
Andrew, Mom to
(George),
The Following User Says Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post: