Acuvue Rebate Rejected!

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 AM
wait a second, I might have a coupon for that!
Looking for my other flip flop!

My Mood/Status:
ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Angry Acuvue rebate rejected!

AcuVue contact lenses rejected my application for a $30 rebate, claiming that the vendor I purchased my contacts from, 1-800 CONTACTS, no longer accepts manufacturer's rebates.

Nowhere on the fine print at 1800contacts.com OR at acuvue.com does it say WHERE you buy your contacts matters in whether or not you get the manufacturer's rebate... BEWARE!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-17-2009, 08:02 AM

RE: Acuvue rebate rejected!

:-)
Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The contact lens rebate I sent recently said in the fine print that they had to be purchased from an optician or something like that. I don't have the form in front of me to remember the wording, but it was really clear that I couldn't have bought them from 1-800 Contacts or BJ's and get the rebate. Mine were CibaVision, though, and I did buy them from my eye doctor. After the rebate, they were about the same price as if I had bought them online.

Sorry your rebate got rejected - that stinks! Since it wasn't in the wording on yours can you argue it?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:44 AM

RE: Acuvue rebate rejected!

wait a second, I might have a coupon for that!
Looking for my other flip flop!

My Mood/Status:
ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar1 View Post
The contact lens rebate I sent recently said in the fine print that they had to be purchased from an optician or something like that. I don't have the form in front of me to remember the wording, but it was really clear that I couldn't have bought them from 1-800 Contacts or BJ's and get the rebate. Mine were CibaVision, though, and I did buy them from my eye doctor. After the rebate, they were about the same price as if I had bought them online.

Sorry your rebate got rejected - that stinks! Since it wasn't in the wording on yours can you argue it?
Thanks, it sounds like CibaVision is a more consumer-responsive brand to tell you that up front! My rebate was processed through the 2009 National All Brands Rebate Offer with no contact information about who to argue to...looks like I'm just going to miss out on this one (but I did get a good deal from 1-800-contacts)!