New Corporate Coupon Policy As Of Today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 06:11 PM

RE: New Corporate Coupon Policy As Of Today?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
BonnieandClyde has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzie View Post
YES that was way harsh and snotty imo not that you care for mine either. Notice she had a ? mark at the end. Most would take that as she was asking if anyone else was told this not spreading misinformation. And wow what is at the end of her post?? Her asking if anyone else heard this, that clears that up!! Normally I stay out of posts like this one, but dang it really bothered me. For someone to say that don't care what another's feelings are is mean in my book.

perrisquirrel, don't let it bother you. Most here are happy for the sharing of experiences we each have so please don't be swayed in not posting.
I agree with you :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to BonnieandClyde For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you ever have a problem with your stores accepting your coupons you should go to Publix.com and send them an email.

Unless the policy has recently changed

Publix will accept one Publix coupon and one manufactures coupon per item as long as neither coupon states otherwise in it's terms.
So if the Publix coupon says on it limit one per customer or can not be used with any other coupon it means just what it says . Corporate policy is to go by the terms written on each coupon .

Managers do have the right to limit the quantities of sale items you can purchase .
If you read your sale flyers sometimes they do set let limits.

Managers are also the ones who set the terms on which coupons they consider competitors. If your store manager has decided that Target is a competitor in your area then how many coupons you can use per transaction is up to him (not corporate) and usually he is going to go by the terms set on the coupon itself.

If the Target coupons says it on "limit one coupon or offer per transaction" then you can not expect your store to take two of them on a bogo offer.

Please remember that Publix does not get paid for these coupons and managers who accept them are doing so at a loss of revenue for their store hoping that you will shop their store instead of the competitor .

There are so many good deals to be had at Publix and sales come and go all the time.
If you treat your cashiers and your managers well they will usually go out of their ways for you when it comes to ordering extras etc . That it makes it in my humble opinion not worth stressing over weather they are going to take a second competitor coupon on an set of bogo items or not if the coupon says otherwise.

Me personally I am ticked pink when my store takes even on Target coupon for a sale item because for many years the only competitor coupon they would take were the ones from Winn Dixie which were very rare.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coupon-Nut For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 07:39 AM

qpongal has posted more than 300 great deals!qpongal has posted more than 300 great deals!qpongal has posted more than 300 great deals!qpongal has posted more than 300 great deals!
I can testify to the fact (spoke directly to my store head of customer service who knows me very well & keeps me up to date on changes)that here in Pensacola Florida "district", an email was sent out to our district from the D.Mngr., stating that as of Aug. 20th, if we use a B1G1 Man coupon on a B1G1 store sale...that we must have FOUR of that product in our shopping cart...literally pay for 1, & get the other 3 for free. They say that in order to fulfill the coupon wording of "BUY" ONE...then we must buy 1--- store sale gives us 1 free--- the manufacturer coupon buys the 3rd item & since the cash register is programmed to automatically deduct 1 more for the store sale...it is free as well. Also told that a B1G1 man Q attaches to TWO (2) items therefore we can only use 2 addtional man q on the other 2 items (plus competitor q's on all 4 IF we have any).
SO...I am not so sure I like this or not. Both good points but bad points as well. If you have additional "cents off" coupons & compet. coupons it could be a fantastic deal BUT...Sometimes I would not even buy a product if not for a bogo sale/ bogo coupon combined making it free! Worth trying cos it costs nothing oop. However...if I have to start actually paying for 1 (not knowing if I like the product)...I am not so sure I will even buy it. Can be a lose-lose situation. Store loses a sale plus the manufacturer loses a sale BUT if I were allowed to get em' both free (b1g1 sale plus B1G1 Q)...I might find I love a product & start buying more of it.

We are also only allowed ONE Walgreen RR per transaction (where it used to be we could use as many as we wanted)

Do any of you have to get 4 items in order to use a single B1G1 coupon on a B1G1 store sale?
The Following User Says Thank You to qpongal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupon-Nut has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpongal View Post
I can testify to the fact (spoke directly to my store head of customer service who knows me very well & keeps me up to date on changes)that here in Pensacola Florida "district", an email was sent out to our district from the D.Mngr., stating that as of Aug. 20th, if we use a B1G1 Man coupon on a B1G1 store sale...that we must have FOUR of that product in our shopping cart...literally pay for 1, & get the other 3 for free. They say that in order to fulfill the coupon wording of "BUY" ONE...then we must buy 1--- store sale gives us 1 free--- the manufacturer coupon buys the 3rd item & since the cash register is programmed to automatically deduct 1 more for the store sale...it is free as well. Also told that a B1G1 man Q attaches to TWO (2) items therefore we can only use 2 addtional man q on the other 2 items (plus competitor q's on all 4 IF we have any).
SO...I am not so sure I like this or not. Both good points but bad points as well. If you have additional "cents off" coupons & compet. coupons it could be a fantastic deal BUT...Sometimes I would not even buy a product if not for a bogo sale/ bogo coupon combined making it free! Worth trying cos it costs nothing oop. However...if I have to start actually paying for 1 (not knowing if I like the product)...I am not so sure I will even buy it. Can be a lose-lose situation. Store loses a sale plus the manufacturer loses a sale BUT if I were allowed to get em' both free (b1g1 sale plus B1G1 Q)...I might find I love a product & start buying more of it.

We are also only allowed ONE Walgreen RR per transaction (where it used to be we could use as many as we wanted)

Do any of you have to get 4 items in order to use a single B1G1 coupon on a B1G1 store sale?
Please please please email corporate about this. It has always been corporate policy that you can use a bogo coupon on a bogo deal.

I would be very upset if my stores told me I could not do this .
There are many times I pick up lots of extra stuff to donate when there is a bogo with a bogo coupon that I would otherwise not even bother to purchase (like the recent Right Guard deal - I purchased 24 of them - my family doesn't need 24 right guard but they were donated and if Publix would not have taken them on a bogo deal I could have used them at Walgreens instead who had the same bogo deal and does take them)
The Following User Says Thank You to Coupon-Nut For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 08:12 AM

qpongal has posted more than 300 great deals!qpongal has posted more than 300 great deals!qpongal has posted more than 300 great deals!qpongal has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupon-Nut View Post
Please please please email corporate about this. It has always been corporate policy that you can use a bogo coupon on a bogo deal.

I would be very upset if my stores told me I could not do this .
There are many times I pick up lots of extra stuff to donate when there is a bogo with a bogo coupon that I would otherwise not even bother to purchase (like the recent Right Guard deal - I purchased 24 of them - my family doesn't need 24 right guard but they were donated and if Publix would not have taken them on a bogo deal I could have used them at Walgreens instead who had the same bogo deal and does take them)
Coupon-Nut... some bloggers I have spoken to (as well as their readers) seem to think this is fantastic (getting 3 for free wyb 1) using b1g1 coupon on a B1G1 sale. I am like you in the fact that if I had to pay $$ out of pocket for something I really don't want/need or am unsure of...makes me think twice. Like your Right Guard deo....that means you would have had to actually pay for several just to be able to donate. Sad

EDIT: they are still allowing a B1G1 Q on a B1G1 sale...BUT changing the concept of how to use apply the wording on the coupon. I figure Dis. Mangrs have that leeway (even if I don't personally like the change)
Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 AM

It isn't a STOCKPILE if you're selling it.
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
perrisquirrel, I found your post very helpful and encourage you to continue updating our site when you see changes.
Your experience is actually duplicated all over the web and even in my local store. It may indeed be a new policy.

The reason posts like yours are helpful is because your giving us a heads up. As we work for hours planning Publix deals, we need to know they may fail at the register over a last minute change.

This thread was helpful in other ways as well. I see where various coupon issues are coming up and we need to change with the landscape.
Apparently Publix does not want us taking stacks of flyers, I read in this thread.
I get 3 every season they come out. Apparently I need to stick with one.

These threads are helpful and so are the replies!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
EDIT: they are still allowing a B1G1 Q on a B1G1 sale...BUT changing the concept of how to use apply the wording on the coupon. I figure Dis. Mangrs have that leeway (even if I don't personally like the change)
Ok I would with out a doubt go to Publix web site and email . This goes directly to corporate. The managers have a right to change policy on how they accept competitors but how they accept regular manufactures coupons is corporate policy (that is not up to managers to change )
Now unless corporate policy has change in reguards to how they accept manufactures coupons on BOGO sales it is not up to the district manager to change this . I would write them and ask because it doesn't make sense .
Publix is what it is because of it's great coupon policy and to do this it would be WAY CHEAPER to shop at Walmart.

If corporate policy would have changed on this it would affect all stores so really I think something is very wrong and this district manager has made a mistake. Maybe he is new and doesn't really understand the coupon policy and the fact that almost every store who does bogo sale (CVS & Walgreens) in FLorida also accept bogo coupon on bogo item where you get both items free.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:40 PM

Coupon Nut: I took your advice & this is what I already submitted.
Does it make sense to you? Hope so cos it is TOO LATE now to re-do it ☺

copy/paste:Subject: coupon interpretation using a Buy 1 Get 1 manufacturer coupon on a Buy 1 Get 1 Publix store sale.

I am writing in regards to a recent change of policy in all the Pensacola Florida stores. First off, let me say that of all the stores I shop around here using coupons, they ALL interpret a Buy 1 Get 1 manufacturer coupon the same exact way. I can go to Winn Dixie, Target, CVS, Food World, Walgreens or (Rite Aid in Alabama) & I can use a Buy 1 Get 1 Manufacturer coupon on a store Buy 1 Get 1 sale & aside from any applicable taxes...I get BOTH items for free. The store pays for 1 item & Manufacturer (coupon) pays for the other item.

Up until last week, ALL my Publix shopping & local Publix stores have applied the coupon useage & interpretation in the same way until I was recently told that a District email was sent out with a NEW interpretation to this type of coupon useage and that they are now interpreting, as well as implementing a NEW POLICY for our entire district (which includes Southern Alabama stores). I am told this: in order to use a Buy 1 Get 1 Manufacturer coupon on a store sale of Buy 1 Get 1...that I have to place FOUR items in my cart. I have to pay for 1...store gives you 1...manufactuer coupon pays for a third item & store sale gives you the 4th item free.

WHY would you change that & be different from all other competitor stores????????

ALSO: since my district incorporates Alabama...they ring up differently than Florida so that CANNOT be applied to Alabama stores even though it was supposed to be implemented district wide.

ALSO: This is a LOSE, LOSE situation for many. You desire me to buy your store items plus the manufacturers want me to buy their items. Coupons allow me ability to "try out" certain products I am not familiar with. Under the previous coupon policy...I could get both items for free & not be afraid to try a new product & potentially waste money. NOW, with this new interpretation of having to PAY out of pocket for 1 item & get 3 for free.... what if I don't like the product? NOW I am stuck with FOUR items I don't want OR have to return them & it is a waste of money & time!! The store loses now because this policy makes me TOTALLY reconsider even purchasing certain items & the manufacturer loses because I won't be able to try the product.

Just say for instance I DO LIKE a product (that I got for free using a b1g1 coupon on a b1g1 sale)...both Publix as well as the manufacturer WIN because now it has enticed me to buy more of the product in the future which increases sales on items I previously might not have purchased.

Another LOSING scenario to this new coupon policy is this: Since I buy several newspapers every Sunday...I often have multiple B1G1 manufacturer coupons. If the coupon coincides with a store B1G1 sale...PLUS I can get the items for no money out of pocket ...this makes for a GREAT WAY TO DONATE TO LESS FORTUNATE. BUT...if I have to start paying out of pocket in this type scenario...I WILL NOT be stocking up to donate. In this case...Publix loses the sale, manufacturer loses a sale, shelters in need of donations lose & I lose as well.

Just my two cents worth & am hoping you can reply with confirmation of this new policy OR any suggestions, or possibly changing the policy back to the original way. Sincerely

Last edited by qpongal; 09-01-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:51 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Perisquirrel, I don't think you're spreading misinformation. there is nothing wrong with sharing your experience. like you said, you never told us it is gospel truth NOR shoving it on anyone to boycott Publix because of this. Your title ends with ? so it is clear you are asking

It is not your problem if someone naive and gullible will take it as the truth w/o first verifying it with corp or finding out if it is YMMV so that it may not apply to their store.

We all know YMMV is prevalent not just in Publix but almost all stores. I don't see why there is a problem with sharing what's happening at your store. If we don't share, the forums will be dead
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 02:54 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:

copy/paste:Subject: coupon interpretation using a Buy 1 Get 1 manufacturer coupon on a Buy 1 Get 1 Publix store sale. I am writing in regards to a recent change of policy in all the Pensacola Florida stores. First off, let me say that of all the stores I shop around here using coupons, they ALL interpret a Buy 1 Get 1 manufacturer coupon the same exact way. I can go to Winn Dixie, Target, CVS, Food World, Walgreens or (Rite Aid in Alabama) & I can use a Buy 1 Get 1 Manufacturer coupon on a store Buy 1 Get 1 sale & aside from any applicable taxes...I get BOTH items for free. The store pays for 1 item & Manufacturer (coupon) pays for the other item. Up until last week, ALL my Publix shopping & local Publix stores have applied the coupon useage & interpretation in the same way until I was recently told that a District email was sent out with a NEW interpretation to this type of coupon useage and that they are now interpreting, as well as implementing a NEW POLICY for our entire district (which includes Southern Alabama stores). I am told this: in order to use a Buy 1 Get 1 Manufacturer coupon on a store sale of Buy 1 Get 1...that I have to place FOUR items in my cart. I have to pay for 1...store gives you 1...manufactuer coupon pays for a third item & store sale gives you the 4th item free. WHY would you change that & be different from all other competitor stores???????? ALSO: since my district incorporates Alabama...they ring up differently than Florida so that CANNOT be applied to Alabama stores even though it was supposed to be implemented district wide. ALSO: This is a LOSE, LOSE situation for many. You desire me to buy your store items plus the manufacturers want me to buy their items. Coupons allow me ability to "try out" certain products I am not familiar with. Under the previous coupon policy...I could get both items for free & not be afraid to try a new product & potentially waste money. NOW, with this new interpretation of having to PAY out of pocket for 1 item & get 3 for free.... what if I don't like the product? NOW I am stuck with FOUR items I don't want OR have to return them & it is a waste of money & time!! The store loses now because this policy makes me TOTALLY reconsider even purchasing certain items & the manufacturer loses because I won't be able to try the product. Just say for instance I DO LIKE a product (that I got for free using a b1g1 coupon on a b1g1 sale)...both Publix as well as the manufacturer WIN because now it has enticed me to buy more of the product in the future which increases sales on items I previously might not have purchased. Another LOSING scenario to this new coupon policy is this: Since I buy several newspapers every Sunday...I often have multiple B1G1 manufacturer coupons. If the coupon coincides with a store B1G1 sale...PLUS I can get the items for no money out of pocket ...this makes for a GREAT WAY TO DONATE TO LESS FORTUNATE. BUT...if I have to start paying out of pocket in this type scenario...I WILL NOT be stocking up to donate. In this case...Publix loses the sale, manufacturer loses a sale, shelters in need of donations lose & I lose as well. Just my two cents worth & am hoping you can reply with confirmation of this new policy OR any suggestions, or possibly changing the policy back to the original way. Sincerely
qpongal, just a friendly advice, I hope you didn't send it as one whole chunk like that.

it is hard to read, much more to understand. would you consider breaking it into easy to read paragraphs?
Old 09-01-2010, 02:59 PM

Hi Joshmamabear! (EDIT:::: incase you were asking me to edit my post...I am so silly...now I get it!! When I replied with a "No"...I was referring to the fact that "NO" it was not originally supposed to be sent to corp. as 1 lump email...but in case you were asking me to edit the email I posted...consider it done ☺)

No...I had it seperated into paragraphs etc but once I typed it our on the Publix website & then previewed my messasge...it automatically lumped it into one giant email! ha ha So all I could do was hit my back button & copy/paste the preview.

I sure hope it actually went through with my paragraphs & all cos I agree...like it is...definately hard to read ☺

Last edited by qpongal; 09-01-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:02 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Hi Joshmamabear!
No...I had it seperated into paragraphs etc but once I typed it our on the Publix website & then previewed my messasge...it automatically lumped it into one ginat email! ha ha So all I could do was hit my back button & copy/paste the preview.

I sure hope it actually went through with my paragraphs & all cos I agree...like it is...definately hard to read ☺
okay, I'm glad you understood what I'm saying because I cannot figure out where it begins and ends.

at least you wrote them in readable paragraphs. now, we just have to wait for a response. Cross your fingers
Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:

copy/paste:Subject: coupon interpretation using a Buy 1 Get 1 manufacturer coupon on a Buy 1 Get 1 Publix store sale.
This is great. You will get a call back
Hopefully it straightens out the problem

I had the same problem years ago when I moved to Central Florida from Palm Beach . They had never seen anyone use coupons like this and got kind of freaked out about it
hahaha
Old 09-04-2010, 10:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
nhladyslipper has posted more than 150 good deals!nhladyslipper has posted more than 150 good deals!
If you read the target coupons they say limit of one per transaction per customer as do most of the in store flyer publix coupons. some dollar general coupons do to. If that is why they are doing it, then I guess they have that right. If I want to use multiples or large amounts of something I go to one publix that is really on the outskirts in a college housing area. For some things, like cat food, there isn't much demand and they have a great stock. I guess not many use coupons there either so they let me use as many as I want.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 AM

devinesl has posted more than 200 great deals!devinesl has posted more than 200 great deals!devinesl has posted more than 200 great deals!
I had a Publix tell me the other day that they would no longer accept Target coupons. She said it is a new corporate policy. I said when did this happen because I used them here yesterday. She told me it was 21/2 weeks ago. She said the only one they accept now is Kroger. I just took my coupons and went to another Publix where I had no problem. I don't believe it is a corporate policy. I think that managers make decisions for their own stores, which is their right. I will just shop at a more coupon friendly Publix from now on.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:53 AM

SabrenaChristiani has posted more than 5 good deals
I have a book if you would like it. Don't mind trading.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:31 PM

**UPDATE** regarding my email to corp on b1g1 sale & using a b1g1 coupon (post #33)

Hard to believe but so far there has been NO response from them directly.
However: STILL GREAT NEWS!!
I went to my local store today & head of cust. serv. flagged me down & told me that our entire district was sent a NEW email from our Dist. Mngr & that corp got so many complaints about changing the policy that he was going to change it back to the original way. I am so happy that Publix listened!!

So now...I can go back to to getting 2 items for free when using a manufacturer b1g1 Q on a store sale B1G1!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qpongal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 09:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
**UPDATE** regarding my email to corp on b1g1 sale & using a b1g1 coupon (post #33)

I went to my local store today & head of cust. serv. flagged me down & told me that our entire district was sent a NEW email from our Dist. Mngr & that corp got so many complaints about changing the policy that he was going to change it back to the original way. I am so happy that Publix listened!!

So now...I can go back to to getting 2 items for free when using a manufacturer b1g1 Q on a store sale B1G1!!
Awesome
They must have really gotten swamped about the coupon policy change for them to not call back.

It would be just crazy for them not to accept BOGO coupons on BOGO sales.
They get paid for them just the same as if someone was purchasing the items and they would still have to give the second item to the customer not using a coupon. They win bigtime by accepting them because people who have them will purchase WAY more than they would otherwise and this means they can move much more product. Moving more product means that they get better corporate prices from the manufactures (this how Walmart can sell so many things so cheaply - they have huge buying power because of the sheer amount of stores they have) .
I would be like shooting themselves in the foot not taking them.
SOmetimes new managers /cashiers/new district managers just don't get it and are looking at it in the complete wrong way - (the ones who worry to much about what you get free vs how much more they are making by letting you get the stuff free with the coupons)

Without their great coupon policy it would be foolish for me to shop their stores and I know I am not alone in thinking like that.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:48 AM

is shopping!
AFC Star Member

cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cal618 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My Publix just started taking Target coupons. Yay!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cal618 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 06:22 PM

** ANOTHER UPDATE...BAD BAD NEWS**

How is it that Publix left hand has NO CLUE what the right hand is doing?

I was informed again by a cashier that the B1G1 sale with B1G1 coupon was STILL supposed to be "Pay for 1 item & get three free". She told me that our same cust. serv mngr (that told me it was being changed back) had not informed her of that.

SO: I called my local store once again & was told that he had actually made an assumption that the dist mngr would change it back (when that had NOT happened) & that YES, I CAN USE a B1G1 coupon on a B1G1 sale BUT that I had to "pay for 1 item & get 3 items free." THEN...our District Manager actually called me personally tonight & told me he was leaving the NEW policy in place (the way I DO NOT LIKE) until Corp. comes thru with a system wide coupon policy. He listened to me vent all my concerns but I got nowhere with him. The Dist. Mngr. told me that he believes a system wide policy will "soon" be in place.
I am so bummed...NOT a happy camper....irritated @ Publix up in my neck of the woods.
Should this happen to any of you...write corp please!
So now everything that I had updated a week or so ago is STILL not correct. Geesh...why don't they get their act together & same the same thing.
Guess I am just venting here

Quote:

Old 09-23-2010, 06:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
** ANOTHER UPDATE...BAD BAD NEWS**

How is it that Publix left hand has NO CLUE what the right hand is doing?

I was informed again by a cashier that the B1G1 sale with B1G1 coupon was STILL supposed to be "Pay for 1 item & get three free". She told me that our same cust. serv mngr (that told me it was being changed back) had not informed her of that.

SO: I called my local store once again & was told that he had actually made an assumption that the dist mngr would change it back (when that had NOT happened) & that YES, I CAN USE a B1G1 coupon on a B1G1 sale BUT that I had to "pay for 1 item & get 3 items free." THEN...our District Manager actually called me personally tonight & told me he was leaving the NEW policy in place (the way I DO NOT LIKE) until Corp. comes thru with a system wide coupon policy. He listened to me vent all my concerns but I got nowhere with him. The Dist. Mngr. told me that he believes a system wide policy will "soon" be in place.
I am so bummed...NOT a happy camper....irritated @ Publix up in my neck of the woods.
Should this happen to any of you...write corp please!
So now everything that I had updated a week or so ago is STILL not correct. Geesh...why don't they get their act together & same the same thing.
Guess I am just venting here
The policy is already in place for BOGO coupons on BOGO sale if they are manufactures coupons. Call corporate and be nice but let them have it .
Tell them you plan to start shopping at Walmart instead if this is the policy
(that is exactly what I told them when I had the problem - told them I had been shopping at Publix for over 20 years and if this store did not accept my coupons I would not have a problem switching to Walmart - they called the store and made sure the manager and all the assistant manager at my store understood their coupon policy - I have not had a single problem with coupons at my store since )

Store/district manager set policy on competitors
Corporate sets policy on manufactures coupons
Old 09-23-2010, 06:55 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupon-Nut View Post
The policy is already in place for BOGO coupons on BOGO sale if they are manufactures coupons. Call corporate and be nice but let them have it .
Tell them you plan to start shopping at Walmart instead if this is the policy
(that is exactly what I told them when I had the problem - told them I had been shopping at Publix for over 20 years and if this store did not accept my coupons I would not have a problem switching to Walmart - they called the store and made sure the manager and all the assistant manager at my store understood their coupon policy - I have not had a single problem with coupons at my store since )

Store/district manager set policy on competitors
Corporate sets policy on manufactures coupons
IME, this kind of "soft" threat does the trick with a lot of corp bigwigs

I mentioned similar line that on an email to a store's corporate who was doing a bait n switch on their ad match policy. When I said that our yahoo group of coupon shoppers were going to give more of our business to WM if we learn they only ad match random select stores depending on the manager on duty, we'll give all business to WM from then on. The DM replied that he will make sure to make all their stores know that they are suppose to ad match all store ads that are found in our local papers. That was such sweet victory!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:56 PM

Coupon-nut...That is EXACTLY what I told the Dist. Mngr tonight when he called me. I told him I can easily shop @ Winn Dixie, target, Food World. Cvs & Walgreens & get both items for free but he said it will remain in place until corp puts out a system wide policy. The DM told me that is how several of the FL stores do it across the entire panhandle as far as Panama City. I cannot begin to think of calling corp as I am just too irritated right now. Maybe after I cool down a bit.

EDIT: I have built such a good repoir with my 2 local store personnel....I feel awkward about just keeping on with emails/calls. I feel like I was shot down so to speak so would a corp call REALLY do any good?

Last edited by qpongal; 09-23-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Coupon-nut...That is EXACTLY what I told the Dist. Mngr tonight when he called me. I told him I can easily shop @ Winn Dixie, target, Food World. Cvs & Walgreens & get both items for free but he said it will remain in place until corp puts out a system wide policy. The DM told me that is how several of the FL stores do it across the entire panhandle as far as Panama City. I cannot begin to think of calling corp as I am just too irritated right now. Maybe after I cool down a bit.

EDIT: I have built such a good repoir with my 2 local store personnel....I feel awkward about just keeping on with emails/calls. I feel like I was shot down so to speak so would a corp call REALLY do any good?

The manager is wrong. You need to call.
The way we shop this can make a huge difference in your purchasing power.
There are times when we must stand up for ourselves and stand our ground ... this is one of those times