Black And Decker Toaster/Oven Door EXPLODED!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 09:21 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
having dreams about coupons!

My Mood/Status:
jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Black and Decker Toaster/Oven Door EXPLODED!

I purchased a black and decker counter top toaster over model CT04400B from Target about 6 months ago. We paid more than planned because we really wanted a nice one. I think it was around $75 bucks. We loved it and used it often.

Sunday night I put bread in it and was finishing up dinner. The oven had been turned on for roughly 5 minutes when the glass door exploded. Glass went flying across the entire room. The handle flew across the room too. My dinner had glass in it and all had to be thrown out. I just stood there in a state of shock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I couldn't believe what had just happened. It took me a VERY long time to clean up all of the glass.
I called the company today and they immediately offered to mail me a new oven. I didn't even ask for it. My concern at this point is what is to make me believe that the same thing won't happen with a new unit. Is this happening to other people? Has anyone been injured due to this product? I'm not even sure who or even if there is someone else that I should contact about the product.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Justin 18
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Tara 12
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjsbev For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 AM

RE: Black and Decker Toaster/Oven Door EXPLODED!

likes $3/$5 off Nature Mades
Kansas Sunflower

My Mood/Status:
bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I think I would call them back and ask them what you just ask here. How can you be assured it wont happen with a new one, have they changed the type of glass they are putting in the door? Glad no one got hurt.

**ISO Q's**
Tena
Egglands Egg coupons
Lactaid Milk
Tyson Chicken Sandwich
Angel Soft TP
Land O Lakes butter
Adult type cereal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobojay For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2009, 09:31 AM

Miles to go . . ..
Blessed beyond belief!!

My Mood/Status:
momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow! I'm glad you are okay, but someone could have really been hurt. Did you ask them if there had been a recall on it?

Denise

The Following User Says Thank You to momster4de3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2009, 09:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Bev - are you serious? Oh my gosh. That could have hurt someone! Does the company realize that there is potential for a new oven to eventually do the same? I can't imagine had that have been me - with a NB! Standing in the kitchen and having glass fly everywhere?

I would call the company, or write, and explain more in depth that this occurence was something that they need to obviously look into to determine if the product should be recalled. So glad you're ok and the family is ok.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommyof1beauty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2009, 11:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I did ask those questions of the representative. He told me that they haven't had any recalls or complaints. When I goggled for others with issues I found out that there are MANY issues with this and other b&d products. I'd like to report this incident to someone other than the manufacturer….just not sure exactly who to report it to.
, Justin 18
and Tara 12
Old 11-05-2009, 12:25 PM

I'm baaaaackkkk

My Mood/Status:
carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
That is so scary! Hope you get your money back and I hope they put that on recall!
The Following User Says Thank You to carmended For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2009, 12:45 PM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
you can report here...
https://www.cpsc.gov/cgibin/incident.aspx
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brook6 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2009, 02:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
That is exactly what I was looking for, Brook6! Thank you!! I'll be reporting this to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission!!
, Justin 18
and Tara 12