Please HELP!!!!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 07:46 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
ljoh4184 has posted more than 150 good deals!ljoh4184 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Please HELP!!!!

My sister gave me a beautiful tan shih tzu for my birthday and I have grown to love her however the dog odor is aweful. I have switched out shampoos twice so far and the shampoos that I used made her itchy. What is a good deodorizing shampoo that helps with dry skin? Also a good body spray? I appreciate all suggestions, my nose is so sensitive that I can't let her lay on my lap because of the smell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
With God all things are possible! Matthew 19:26
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2014, 08:00 PM

RE: Please HELP!!!!

all smiles!!

My Mood/Status:
Leaheixll has posted more than 300 great deals!Leaheixll has posted more than 300 great deals!Leaheixll has posted more than 300 great deals!Leaheixll has posted more than 300 great deals!
Maybe you could add tea tree oil to the shampoo... Or spray her with peppermint oil this also helps with ticks and fleas or take her to a groomer! My mom used baby shampoo for over 16 years on her long haired dog
The Following User Says Thank You to Leaheixll For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2014, 08:57 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
You may want to have her tested for allergies. Dogs are not supposed to smell that bad and if she is having reactions to other products she has allergies. There may be an underlying thing triggering it, like a food issue. Until you know what she is allergic to, it is hard to say what product to use on her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2014, 01:36 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My immediate thought was food allergies. We fostered a Cocker Spaniel with food allergies and she was smelly and itchy no matter how frequently we washed her. We also fostered a doxie with dermatological issues. I would recommend a trip to the vet and discuss it with them, this isnt normal and there could be an underlying health issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2014, 01:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
FLLDYTRKR has posted more than 75 good deals!
Also check the dogs ears, waxy buildups can be smelly if not cleaned..Also have her/his teeth checked out.
The Following User Says Thank You to FLLDYTRKR For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2014, 05:23 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Op-- can you describe the smell?

Old 10-29-2014, 07:38 AM

couponfiend has posted more than 200 great deals!couponfiend has posted more than 200 great deals!couponfiend has posted more than 200 great deals!
also consider what you are feeding her. canned dog food and cheap dog food chow can make a dog smell. a ****zu should not smell as they are I thought dogs for people with allergies. A good quality dog chow and some plain chicken can help get rid of doggy odor.

also make sure she does not have a skin infection such as staph or a dermatitis. I would have a vet take a look or sniff! do other people smell the same thing as you?
The Following User Says Thank You to couponfiend For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2014, 08:38 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Lift her ear up and see if that is where the smell is coming from. It could be an ear infection and they stink. If you don't like the smell adding tea tree oil will make the dog smell worse (can't stand the smell of that stuff). Have her groomed and see if that helps if it isn't the ear thing. If it is the ears - call the vet don't try "home remedies".