Who's Dog Howls At The Monthly Tornado Siren Test?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 08:04 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Who's dog howls at the monthly Tornado Siren test?

Does anyone else's dog howl at the monthly Tornado Siren testing (Midwest)? or when they hear ambulances?

My aussie/malamute does....

Working mommy to 7yr old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1yr
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
Mr. Jericho(8) and Ms. River Song(4m)
and
Big Cody(doggy heaven 12/13/11)
Slick Nick (doggy heaven 6/10/14)

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 02:55 PM

RE: Who's dog howls at the monthly Tornado Siren test?

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenEvenstar
Does anyone else's dog howl at the monthly Tornado Siren testing (Midwest)? or when they hear ambulances?

My aussie/malamute does....
We are trying to GET sirens, out here in tornado alley :/. But when I lived in Amarillo we had them but the dogs didn't care (poodle and chihuahua).
The Following User Says Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2013, 03:18 PM

jenniferm6370 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Our fire dept has a siren to call in the volunteers, and we have 5 dogs. 3 labs, a beagle, yorkie, and westie. They will all stop whatever they are doing and sit like a little choir with their heads up howling along with the siren. They also do it for ambulance, fire trucks, and police sirens.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenniferm6370 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2013, 04:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thats got to be a spectacle jenni! how funny!

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM

couponfiend has posted more than 200 great deals!couponfiend has posted more than 200 great deals!couponfiend has posted more than 200 great deals!
I had a poodle that used to howl to the fire siren, I was told it hurts their ears and maybe it relieves the pain.
The Following User Says Thank You to couponfiend For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 04:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
midicat13 has posted more than 400 great deals!midicat13 has posted more than 400 great deals!midicat13 has posted more than 400 great deals!midicat13 has posted more than 400 great deals!midicat13 has posted more than 400 great deals!
My parents have a shepherd/catahoula Leopard mix and he howls at ambulances/fire trucks. I've never been there when they test the tornado sirens, so i'm not sure if he does then or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to midicat13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 05:22 AM

Blessed by the Lord
Jesus's friend

My Mood/Status:
shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponfiend View Post
I had a poodle that used to howl to the fire siren, I was told it hurts their ears and maybe it relieves the pain.
My husband told me a long time ago that it does hurt their ears. My dogs howl every single time. But if you give them a treat they shut up, works every time.

I love to pray for others. If you need prayers please send me a PM and please keep me in your prayers/
The Following User Says Thank You to shelleyf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 05:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
last night Mr. Jericho was at it again. I think it was a ambulance. I love listening to it! sounds like a pack of wolves...

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Old 11-11-2013, 04:34 PM

I try to be the person my dog thinks I am.
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I used to have a Doberman that if she was outside when a siren went by, she stood frozen, her head turning to follow the sound, where it was coming from to where is was going. She seemed more mezmerized than bothered by the sound.

I have a Lab/pointer now that doesn't seem at all bothered by sirens. But will howl in her sleep. I guess a wolf is trying to get out. I had a Pekinese that did this too. It's hard to imagine that a wolf was trying to get out of him.

Married 26 years

Doggy mom to Abby

"Once you stop learning, you start dying"

Albert Einstein

Last edited by lms28023; 11-11-2013 at 04:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lms28023 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 06:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
Last night I woke up to our answering machine. its volume is high. someone called and was leaving a message and it was so loud.. was wrong number.. but SO went downstairs to shut it off and Mr. Jericho started howling.. Maybe cause it was so loud like others suggested that it hurt his ears or maybe he was trying to "warn us" that he "heard someone" in the house...

That is a new one...

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 AM

Happiness is...puppy kisses x2!

My Mood/Status:
StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Our frengles (beagle/frenchie blend) howl at the tornado sirens every time, but when it switches from the siren to the male voice telling you that this is a test and if it was real, blah, blah, blah....then they really lose it and switch from howling to barking and the "man who must be in the house or they wouldn't be able to hear him"! Hair standing on end and everything!!
The Following User Says Thank You to StLouisClipper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 12:37 PM

I try to be the person my dog thinks I am.
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenEvenstar View Post
Last night I woke up to our answering machine. its volume is high. someone called and was leaving a message and it was so loud.. was wrong number.. but SO went downstairs to shut it off and Mr. Jericho started howling.. Maybe cause it was so loud like others suggested that it hurt his ears or maybe he was trying to "warn us" that he "heard someone" in the house...

That is a new one...
DH played a messge from me while I was at work, and he said our dog ran around the house for 5-10 minutes "looking" for me. I guess they do heard voices on the answering machine.

Married 26 years

Doggy mom to Abby

"Once you stop learning, you start dying"

Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to lms28023 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
beatlebutt81 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!beatlebutt81 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!beatlebutt81 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!beatlebutt81 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!beatlebutt81 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!beatlebutt81 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!beatlebutt81 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My town does a test every Saturday at noon. One of my three dogs howls at it every week. She's a cute terrier/dachshund mix named Princess Leia (or just Princess for short), and her howl is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

All's fair in love, war, and couponing!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beatlebutt81 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2013, 02:26 AM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Nope. But one of the neighbors dogs goes nuts and they shove it outside for all of us to enjoy when it barks at whatever alarm.

We live pretty close to the main roads (intersection) which is where our lone EMS, Fire & police stations are.

This dog starts yipping, my dogs start yipping at it.. its a never ending cycle.
Its even worse if they leave the dog out during training missions. That dog goes NUTS at artillery and my dogs go nuts back!

With tornado sirens my dogs wanted to play.. I was busy trying to hustle them into the bathroom and they seemed to think it was a "Hey! Come play!" whistle or something.

I'm a
who is a
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following User Says Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post: