Ice Cubes In Water Bowl?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 03:44 AM
You've got to stand for something or you'll fall...

My Mood/Status:
MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Ice cubes in water bowl?

Am I the only crazy one who puts ice cubes in the water bowls for their pets?

Please tell me I'm not alone!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MykhalJaems For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 AM

RE: Ice cubes in water bowl?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
No way you are not alone, I used to freeze beef broth and chicken broth too in ice trays, dogs need a little refreshment too. My dog evie used to love chilled baby carrots too. Anything that keeps them cool and happy in this heat is smart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 06:05 AM

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
You're not alone!

Our old dogs would lead us to the freezer for a bowl of ice every day. One of them would lay down with his paws around the bowl and eat it like it was food.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 06:59 AM

Blessed by the Lord
Jesus's friend

My Mood/Status:
shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I used to put ice in my dog's food but they live outside and my vet said not to do that. If they live outside they can have a heart attack from the outside temperatures mixing with the cold water. I had to stop doing that. But if your dog lives inside they said it is ok. I wish my dogs could live inside but they refuse to hold it until they get outside. You could leave them outside all day and bring them in and five minutes later they are using the carpet for their toilet EVERY SINGLE TIME, so they have to live outside as much as I hate doing that tried to give one of them away but she found her way back home 2 months later even though the person didn't even know my last name or where I lived!

I love to pray for others. If you need prayers please send me a PM and please keep me in your prayers/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shelleyf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 07:54 AM

tjsmith79 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Smile

My cat actually loves the ice. She is super spoiled b/c if my husband fills up her water, he has to put it down and then pour a little water from our water bottles in it. I guess that way she thinks she is just like us, with drinking water from the bottle. She is super weird and lazy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tjsmith79 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 AM

couponfiend has posted more than 200 great deals!couponfiend has posted more than 200 great deals!couponfiend has posted more than 200 great deals!
I don't give ice only because I don't use ice myself but I do give them filtered Brita water because I don't know how good the tap water is. I think it may have a lot of chlorine sometimes. I do now and then give them a bowl of tap water just so that if they have to drink tap water outside of the house they wont get sick from them never having it. I know I obsess.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to couponfiend For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 AM

crs has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crs has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crs has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crs has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crs has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crs has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!crs has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I put ice in the water bowl through the day. My Border Collie will duck her head under the water to get a piece.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!
We use ice all the time.
She also gets homemade dog ice cream and we freeze the little bit of left over juice that won't make a glass for her as well.
Spoiled beyond belief as they should be!

So while you might be crazy you are in good company
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waterburyk9 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
You are not the only one. However, if you have a English Springer Spaniel be careful as my last one figured out how to get her own ice from the door dispenser. I came home one evening, took my shoes off and walked through my kitchen with just my socks on and stepped in several puddles of ice cold water. She had emptied the FULL ice dispenser. Thankfully they have a lock on them which she never figured out how to use.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 PM

loving saving money with y'all

My Mood/Status:
everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My cat loves ice cubes. I just posted a story of her and her ice cube needs. She runs to the freezer whenever anyone gets ice. Just yesterday, she was not in the kitchen and I dropped an ice cube on the floor. Put it in the sink. So as I left the kitchen, I heard it hit the floor again.

If I put ice in her water, it is everywhere. She wants to play with the ice. I did it twice because she loves ice. She works to get the cubes out. The water goes everywhere. She looks like she is playing ice hockey with it. When our dog is near he just goes and picks up the ice cube and eats it. Ruins her fun. They crack me up.
to DH a Veteran,
, mother
of two, dd
& ds
, three grandchildren
, & animals

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to everytim For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 07:31 PM

is truly blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I also put ice in Diamond's water bowl. Sometimes she takes it out and go sit on the carpet and eats it. But it's hot and I try to keep her water cold all day.
Go ahead......
Say something!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preciousgirl1120 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 PM

You've got to stand for something or you'll fall...

My Mood/Status:
MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!MykhalJaems has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Thanks for all the great stories.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MykhalJaems For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 11:19 PM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I do.
My mom (baby sat my pets in FL while I was in the hospital) swears my dog loves ice cubes

She licks it once and walks away for me

I put them in their outside bowl often, they like to play all day.

The pup loves beef broth cubes and oddly enough my cats love chicken broth cubes!

I'm a
who is a
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following User Says Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 04:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love the beef broth ice cube idea. I will do that for our dog. He is not as excited over ice cubes as the cat. But I think he will like the beef flavor.
to DH a Veteran,
, mother
of two, dd
& ds
, three grandchildren
, & animals

Old 07-10-2013, 09:14 AM

Feelin' Groovy!
If couponing was a sport I'd be on a wheaties box

My Mood/Status:
karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karren tipton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I keep a pitcher of ice water in the fridge just for the dog....yep...spoiled rotten!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 AM

banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I didn't know that about how we should not put ice cubes in outside dog bowls! Not that mine spend much time outside. They prefer to go potty and right back in since it is so hot outside. But I have done it for the cat bowls. Regarding the dogs that can't hold it in and have been wetting the carpet, one of our dogs is old and can't hold it so what I did was get one of those big 8x10 tarps that is brown (looks better than those blue ones) and put it down in the den area where they have been going potty, sorta looks like an area rug at first glance (held down on edges by chairs and coffee table but not covering floor vents, but please make sure no one runs through and catches their foot and trips! Did that once and learned where to be careful! Otherwise don't put chairs or tables over it if you do fear tripping. Always have to give that disclaimer to all I tell about this! ). They go on that while I am gone or sleeping and it is super easy to wipe up with a sham-wow or paper towels. Is not for everyone, but we rarely have visitors, so who cares how it looks (or smells)? The dogs live here, other folks are just visiting!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:09 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I grind up the ice in our margarita machine for Cerveza, he loves bowls of snow. Lola only wants snow if I am having some (slushie or margarita but Lola gets plain, I think its the social aspect more than the actual snow). The others dont really care for it. We call the ice cubes that fall on the floor 'ice bones', some will play with them, some wont. It varies who.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 11:40 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have 3 dogs. A pure-bred german shepherd, a german shepherd-malamute mix and a german shepherd mutt. When I put ice cubes in the bowl, my malamute mix wont drink the water, my GSD picks them out and drops them on the floor (where I then slip and die) and my mutt kicks them around like they are balls.

The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2013, 09:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!
When we had a fridge with the dispensers in the door our dog learned to jump up and get her own.... we thought it had a leak and pulled it out and looked for it.
The dog sitter caught her in the act when she was putting the recycle bin back by the side door and watched her through the window.
until we replaced the fridge we left a giant cookie sheet there so that it would catch the water and ice. But we never did worry that she would not have water after that.

She also showed her little sister how to do it... but then the fridge broke and the new one has no bells or whistles.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
My dog copper loves ice in her water.
Sometimes she will get them out and eat on them.
She is spolt. We have had her since February of this yr. My daughter
Rescued her off the interstate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (195.6 KB, 9 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to momabrown3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 05:39 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momabrown3
My dog copper loves ice in her water.
Sometimes she will get them out and eat on them.
She is spolt. We have had her since February of this yr. My daughter
Rescued her off the interstate.
Aww she's a cutie!!

Once or twice a day my ice maker spits out a cube. My dog thinks it's a game to catch it and eat it
Old 08-26-2014, 08:19 AM

Miles to go . . ..
Blessed beyond belief!!

My Mood/Status:
momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have a spoiled cat that runs to the kitchen when the freezer door opens. He loves ice, but will just sit and watch it and bat it around his water a little. He loves very cold water and if it warms the slightest he won't drink anymore. We buy bags of ice and those are his favorite.

Denise

Old 09-01-2014, 11:02 AM

I try to be the person my dog thinks I am.
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I put ice in my Pointer's bowl too. Occasionally, I give her a cube to play with, but eventually she leaves it somewhere to melt. I had a Doberman that loved to play with ice cubes, but would get bored and leave them to melt too. Dh would get irritated, but I reminded him that dogs don't understand the physics of ice. I'm sure they think that funny cold toy will be there later.

Married 26 years

Doggy mom to Abby

"Once you stop learning, you start dying"

Albert Einstein
Old 10-07-2014, 03:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
I added to this page in 2013. I have a new kitty. He loves to try to drink my water or just get the ice out of my glass. So I gave him an ice cube in his water. Bad idea. He hit the water dish all around the kitchen. And now 2 weeks later, he still hits it with no ice cube in the water. We now have to give the 3 pets we have small portions of water all day, because he just knocks the water around so much. My bad for trying to spoil the kitty.
to DH a Veteran,
, mother
of two, dd
& ds
, three grandchildren
, & animals

Old 12-12-2014, 04:12 PM

couponqueen325 has posted more than 1 good deal
my dog wont drink it unless i put ice cubes in it spoiled .