Dogs With Food Allergies

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

downtowndetroit has posted more than 25 good deals
Dogs with food allergies

Has anyone ever come across ANY coupons for dog food that is free of poultry, beef, dairy, wheat and pig. And if so where?

At this time I'm spending over $50 a bag on my dogs food - then treats if I decide to give him something extra from baby carrots.

Really think I spend more on his food then I do for fiancÚ and i.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 PM

RE: Dogs with food allergies

L.Love has posted more than 50 good deals
My dog was allergic to chicken,beef,grains and the list goes on we had to see a dermatologist on top of his vet, every two weeks we spent $80.00 on a 15 lb bag of prescribed dog food the only protein was rabbit & potato, very expensive but it cleared him from all his hives and hair loss, the only treats he could have were marshmallow. I never found Qs for what he needed
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 PM

merr has posted more than 25 good deals
My dog also has allergies and I have never found coupons for her food even tried calling a couple of company's...good luck
Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 AM

barnyard has posted more than 1 good deal
I've signed up on company websites to get coupons, as well as facebook. I use Nature's Variety Instinct and Wellness and get coupons occasionally for them. I use Fromm for one of my dogs, and rarely get coupons.
I also signed up for the Petco and Petsmart cards, and get coupons from them as well. Not lots, but it all helps.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 AM

rityd has posted more than 150 good deals!rityd has posted more than 150 good deals!
My dog has Science Diet Z/D, we decided to not spend the money to have him tested for allergies it just seemed cheaper to feed him food with limited ingredients.
I know sometimes Science Diet has rebates on the ZD food.
Good luck
Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ask at the vet. they sometimes get coupons that aren't available other places.

You're probably already doing this. If you don't have to get it at the vet, you could keep an eye out for $ off dog food coupons at the big pet stores. The latest ones I've seen were like $2 off a $10 purchase at petsupermarket.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
Qtbabe459 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Merrick has coupons alot of times. They have many different formulas. I know that my petco sells it. they even have "before the grain" which is grain free.. I will do some research and give you a list tomorrow after work! Also, it would depend on your location as the price.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:21 PM

BrahmsMom has posted more than 200 great deals!BrahmsMom has posted more than 200 great deals!BrahmsMom has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtowndetroit
Has anyone ever come across ANY coupons for dog food that is free of poultry, beef, dairy, wheat and pig. And if so where?

At this time I'm spending over $50 a bag on my dogs food - then treats if I decide to give him something extra from baby carrots.

Really think I spend more on his food then I do for fiancÚ and i.
We have a regional chain (Jack's pet-something-or-another) that offers a "Bakers Dozen" reward card. It's buy 12 bags (of the same brand & size), get the 13th free on ANY brand of dog or cat food. It's more of a long term investment vs instant coupon savings, but has helped us tremendously. When our brand goes on sale, I'll buy a few bags and obtain the "freebie" that much quicker!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
Qtbabe459 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Instinct (lamb meal), Rotation, Blue buffalo. these are at petco. not sure of any other stores
Old 05-11-2013, 01:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
You may want to try an elimination diet to finger the exact ingredient causing the reactions. I'll be starting one on my dog next month. Elimination diet consists of feeding your dog a meat that he has never had before. Squirrel, goat, quail, rabbit, deer whatever for 6 weeks and nothing else. If his/her condition improves then it is a food allergy. After 6 weeks introduce only 1 kind of meat like pork, chicken or beef. But only 1. Then wait about a week to see if a reaction occurs. If so then you have fingered 1 item he is allergic too. If he has a reaction move back to just the "rare" meat was for a couple weeks and introduce something else "beef, pork or chicken that wasn't used in the first challenge". If no reaction then you can introduce one of the other meats. I think Rufus has an allergy to pork so that will be the first challenge meat I try.

You can read about it online. It's good to know what exactly is causing it than switching food to food hoping to find something that doesn't cause an allergic reaction. I would check craigslist for some of these rare meats.

A good dog food will cost you about $50 a month. You can also try a raw diet. I saw a break down somewhere about it being cheaper than expensive dog foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtbabe459 View Post
Instinct (lamb meal), Rotation, Blue buffalo. these are at petco. not sure of any other stores
All of those have some kind of chicken, beef or pork.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:15 AM

barnyard has posted more than 1 good deal
Natural Balance has limited ingredient diet foods - bison and sweet potato, etc. If you write the company they might be able to give you coupons. Also sometimes I've seen this brand on sale.
I sometimes order online. If you get on a auto ship the companies often discount your first order.
Some dog foods also have a loyalty program - for instance, buy 9 bags get the 10th one free.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:20 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you have a Pet Supermarket in your area they have a buy 10 bags of any food get the 11th free. I feed my dog Blue Buffalo and thankfully he doesn't have allergies. If he is itching/scratching from these you can also give them children's bendryl - our vet had us give that to my last dog as she had allergies to pollen & stuff (sneezed herself silly) you give it based on their weight just like a child.