Help With Kitty Problems Please

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 05:18 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Ellia has posted more than 100 good deals!Ellia has posted more than 100 good deals!
Help with kitty problems please

I have 3 cats. 2 full grown adults and a baby kitten. All the cats are rescued and my latest is a doll face blue point himalayan. He is a fluff ball. I can't believe somebody just abandoned it outside though. People are stupid. Anyway, back to my situation. I give all my cats a bath. It keeps the shedding down. My white cat is just nuts with shedding. The 2 adult cats tolerate it. The baby kitten will rip you apart if you get him near any water.

The problem is because he is such a fluff ball, he needs grooming which includes bathing and we also have problems with fecal matter on his butt so bathing is a must. We got him a maintainance patch back there, too, but that don't work very well. Are there any tips that you guys can give me about making bathing this cat easier for both myself and him? This is like the 5th bath I have given him and he is not warming up to it at all. It's actually getting worse. He ripped my curtains to shreds this time and scratched up my face. Any advice would be appreciated.

By the way, I don't want him to put under every time he needs a bath. That is what other people have recommended. That sounds very costly and can't be very good for him.

Ellia
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 05:27 PM

RE: Help with kitty problems please

My Mood/Status:
waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!
They make a bath bag for cats, that may be an option. Also consult with a groomer they may be willing to share some tips with you. your new kitty may also have had a bad experience with water- you never know if someone tried to drown the poor thing before you got it.
A trim of the hair around the butt should help with the poop issue, also I would minimize bathing the kitty, try baby wipes or they even make kitty wipes until you have a better bond.
The Following User Says Thank You to waterburyk9 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 AM

Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Parrothead has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I know this is a week old but... does the cat have any interest in water what so ever?

My cats were like that with baths. But I noticed if I turned water on without having the bath approach they were all over playing in it (Brushing my teeth, taking a shower, starting the washing machine... they came running). So I'd leave it trickle and let them play some. Then I'd plug the sink and let them splash around in that. They eventually worked up to wanting to sit at the edge of the tub when I was bathing and splash around (Thankfully this went without incident.... I feared for my flesh the first time I noticed a cat on the edge of the tub while nekkid!).

I worked up to spraying them down with the shower head.. then finally a bath without much incident.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Instead of buying a cat bag like pp suggested I use a tea towel (hand towels used in kitchen. Wrap it around kitties neck so that it covers all the legs. Then to the kitchen sink. They can scratch the daylights out of the towel and you nor your curtains will suffer. Also make sure to trim nails BEFORE you give the bath.