Marking

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 10:17 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Marking

We have a cavalier king charles...Charlie...I know how original. He's almost 5 years old and got him when he was a few months old. He has always been my baby before we had DS now 3 and 2year old twin boys. Also have a golden retriever 11 years old and a cat 12 years old.
Charlie is neutered, and housebroken...but I keep smelling pee in the front room. I know it's not the cat..when cats spray you can tell immediately..very distinct smell. Our golden retriever would hold it in until he bursts.
I've cleaned the carpets, when I leave the house I put Charlie outside...unless its raining I put him in the hallway with the baby gate up...I can't trust him. Things get crazy with three kids and I forgot to put him outside the other night..and this morning as the sun was shining in the front room I could smell pee!!! Sure enough I look at the leg of one of the chairs and there is urine spray stain on it! I'm at the end of my rope here.
We got a bissell carpet cleaner, and I've done every room in the house, but as I moved all the furniture I noticed urine stains at the corners of where the furniture was...beds, dressers toy boxes. He's peed throughout the house! Is he jealous of the kid's? Any suggestions? DH wants to give him away..but he's my baby too..and our boys are very attached to him. I don't want to give him away but I can't watch him 24/7 and he's ruining our carpet.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 04:54 AM

RE: Marking

sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sibesx2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Here are some things you can try -

Block his access to rooms with carpet
Tether him to you with a leash so you can watch him
Crate train him and put him in the crate when you can't watch him
Use a belly band. Google it and you will find lots of places that sell them. I would think it would be easy to make one also

You can't correct or train him unless you catch him in the act. I think using a crate and/or belly band when you can't watch him and a leash to tether him to you when you can is the best plan to tackle this.

I commend you for wanting to work on keeping Charlie. But if you do decide to find him another home look for a rescue group to help you. Some people won't try and deal with this problem at all and Charlie could end up thrown in the back yard, turned in at a kill shelter or worse.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thank you so much for the suggestions...took his measurements and making him a belly band tomorrow..waiting for the paper so I can use a q for some velcro at Joanne's
I showed my husband your response and he said as mad as it makes him that Charlie is urinating on the carpet and furniture he is still our first four legged baby..and could never 'get rid of him'. And my husband is also thankful for your suggestions. Keep you posted and thanks again.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Did you have him checked for a urinary tract infection?? Take a sample of urine in to vet and rule that out..
Old 05-20-2012, 11:25 PM

Lindsey16 has posted more than 100 good deals!Lindsey16 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I would like to know how the belly band worked and if Charlie has gotten any better. One of our dogs started peeing all over for no reason too, he did have a uti and he has basically stopped but sometimes he does it when he gets mad at us and we never catch him! I would like to try a belly band on him when we aren't around but want to hear others who have used them!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
Well the belly band didn't work out so well. But we have been crating him or putting him outside if we don't have 'eyes' on him. I go to the store, he goes outside, I go upstairs with the kids he goes outside or his crate.
I made the belly band too wide, and it's been so hot, he was miserable..I'm going to try and make it thinner. I'll let you know how that works out.
I'm 99% sure he jealous of the kids, Charlie was our baby before we had babies
Old 05-28-2012, 06:14 PM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My dog is a girl and had a HUGE potty training issue to where I tried to get rid of her.

Crate time is best for my pup. She gets super excited and forgets to hold it, or does revenge per usually on my shoe!

She also is a big chewer so crate stops that. Eventually he will pick up on no peeing is not acceptable. Potty in grass equals time outside crate!

Be firm but loving you're right he is your four legged baby

I'm a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
who is a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act