Breeders/rescuers:Best Price For Heartworm Prevention, Vaccines & Microchips In Bulk?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 10:55 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Supporting Member

jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Breeders/rescuers:Best price for heartworm prevention, vaccines & microchips in bulk?

I'm in the midst of starting an animal rescue and was wondering where I can find the best prices for heartworm preventatives, vaccines (other than rabies; in my state those need to be administered by a vet), and microchips in bulk. By "bulk" I mean that I'd be willing to buy a lot (100+) if it would make for a good deal and the expiration dates were far enough out.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 09:07 PM

RE: Breeders/rescuers:Best price for heartworm prevention, vaccines & microchips in bulk?

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
The animal rescues I know around here partner with a veterinary cllinic and get basically at cost rates. Have you looked into that?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:23 AM

RE: Breeders/rescuers:Best price for heartworm prevention, vaccines & microchips in bulk?

Supporting Member

jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Yes, but so far, nothing is "at cost." Maybe it's at cost when you factor in time/labor, but it's still more than I think we could afford at first, especially since until we get more funding everything comes out of my own pocket. I can get vaccines from Drs. Foster and Smith for less than $10 per animal, but they want at least $15 per animal, plus an office visit fee.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:41 PM

ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I was going to suggest drfostersmith. I ordered bulk aquarium filters from them and they showed up overnight with free shipping....granted I am in WI where they are but it was great service. We also ordered a ceramic aquarium decoration and it showed up cracked...I called and they were sending me a new one before I could even ask.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladygodiva02 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2012, 09:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
If you do microchip contact the company..but I would never microchip without a pain med..first..we offer free microchips if the pet is going in for a surgical procedure otherwise we charge for a office vist, local anthestic, and a chip so it is around 75. if given during a spay or neuter or dental we give it free..the company Home Again dosn't charge us for the chip the activation fee is 17.99 and we just have the client make a direct payment check or credit card to home again to activate the chip..HTH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2blacklabs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 12:02 PM

Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blacklabs View Post
If you do microchip contact the company..but I would never microchip without a pain med..first..we offer free microchips if the pet is going in for a surgical procedure otherwise we charge for a office vist, local anthestic, and a chip so it is around 75. if given during a spay or neuter or dental we give it free..the company Home Again dosn't charge us for the chip the activation fee is 17.99 and we just have the client make a direct payment check or credit card to home again to activate the chip..HTH
Personally, I don't have any issue microchipping animals without pain meds. I'd imagine the pain medication injections would hurt as much if not worse than the microchip itself. I've watched several animals be microchipped and they didn't appear to be in any long-term pain. The size of the needle used to insert the chip is about the same that I've used to administer subcutaneous fluids, and I've never heard of anesthetics used for subcutaneous fluids.

I really hope that someone who is considering microchipping their pet and doesn't have $75 to spare looks into alternatives. Many spay/neuter clinics, vaccine clinics, and county shelters will offer microchipping for $25 or less.

Last edited by jlperschke; 03-14-2012 at 10:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlperschke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 12:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!jenakay has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlperschke View Post
Personally, I don't have any issue microchipping animals without pain meds. I'd imagine the pain medication injections would hurt as much if not worse than the microchip itself. I've watched several animals be microchipped and they didn't appear to be in any long-term pain. The size of the needle used to insert the chip is about the same that I've used to administer subcutaneous fluids, and I've never heard of anesthetics used for subcutaneous fluids.
I totally agree.

OP- Where do you live? If you are in Virginia I can hook you up with lots of options.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenakay For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 PM

Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenakay View Post
I totally agree.

OP- Where do you live? If you are in Virginia I can hook you up with lots of options.
I'm PMing you. I don't like mentioning my state publicly.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlperschke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
The needle is bigger than the one we use for sub q fluids.. We use the Home Again chip maybe another company has smaller needles and we give a local to the dogs prior to chipping. If they are there for a surgical procedure the chip is free of charge the client only has to make the one time payment of 17.99 made out to Home Again..