Breeders?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Breeders?

I think we are ready to start looking for a new fur baby daughter. I have never dealt with a breeder and I'm a little worried about it. Does anyone know how you can find a reputable breeder so that I won't have to worry about dealing with a puppy mill?

Before anyone says adopt a pet from the shelter ~ of course that was our first intention. There are several problems in trying to do this. First of all we want a Lhasa Apso or a Lhasa Apso/Mix breed. There are none up for adoption in this state. We don't want an older dog. We had our last doggie from the time she was 6 weeks old until just before Christmas when she died at 19 years old. 19 years wasn't long enough . We don't want to start out with a dog who is half way to old age already. We want a dog that will be with us as long as possible.

Any tips?
Harris Teeter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 07:37 AM

RE: Breeders?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

NerfyJen has posted more than 25 good deals
http://www.lhasaapso.org/

I found this website through the AKC website. I will also send you a link in the next post to a website that gives you questions you should ask of any breeder you are contemplating. Good for you for wanting to stay away from puppy mills!
The Following User Says Thank You to NerfyJen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 07:43 AM

http://www.stonecroftgoldens.net/findingabreeder.htm

About half way down you will see a list of questions you can ask. This website is for goldens, but most of the questions are for any breed. I would also invite you to contact Cheryl who runs this website, and she would be happy to help you with any questions. Cheryl is my sister :-) and a dog lover of any breed, so she's always eager to help. She helped me find a breeder for our Papillon Frisco, and he is the very best dog ever!!
The Following User Says Thank You to NerfyJen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 AM

http://lhasaapso.rescueme.org/NorthCarolina

Here is a rescue with a puppy in NC :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NerfyJen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
jpoole329 has posted more than 400 great deals!jpoole329 has posted more than 400 great deals!jpoole329 has posted more than 400 great deals!jpoole329 has posted more than 400 great deals!jpoole329 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Go for a visit. You can see that the dogs are living in humane areas, clean water, access to food, etc. Any good breeder has nothing to hide.
The Following User Says Thank You to jpoole329 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 09:15 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerfyJen View Post
North Carolina Lhasa Apso Rescue ADOPTIONS *RescueMe.Org

Here is a rescue with a puppy in NC :-)
Thanks for the links, we're really looking for a female - and a pet, not a show dog. We're probably going to better off looking for a mix. Our last dog was a Lhasa/****zu mix and she was the best dog ever. We could never pay $1,000+ for a dog.

I found this one that is about an hours drive from here ShihApso Puppies 7 weeks old | Wingate | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 16685831 but I don't have any way of knowing what kind of conditions they're were bred in without driving all the way there.
Harris Teeter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:15 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Hahaha, it blanked out the breed - how silly.
Harris Teeter!