How Many Dogs Do You Have In Your House? How Many Is Too Many?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:19 PM

RE: How many dogs do you have in your house? How many is too many?

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have three dogs and a spoiled cat.

2 toy poodles 1 of which I absolutely hate although they were both inherited dogs.. one teacup chihuahua jack russell mix.. and my cat billy.

Soon however we will have 1 very well trained sweet loving pitbull and my cat and the puppy. No more poodles.

I am not a dog person so for me 1 dog is too many. However I'm ok with the two I will have as they are very well trained.

I'm a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
who is a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 01:43 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla Stryker View Post
We have three dogs and a spoiled cat.

2 toy poodles 1 of which I absolutely hate although they were both inherited dogs.. one teacup chihuahua jack russell mix.. and my cat billy.

Soon however we will have 1 very well trained sweet loving pitbull and my cat and the puppy. No more poodles.

I am not a dog person so for me 1 dog is too many. However I'm ok with the two I will have as they are very well trained.
Just wait about not being a dog person...that pit bull will change your mind. When I got Otis, my pit, I was a cat person. Now, Otis is my couch, cleaning, shower, computer, errand, breakfast, lunch, dinner, laundry, company buddy. If I am doing something, he is right by my side. Without a doubt, best animal I have ever had.

Ban the Deed Not the Breed-I am a proud American Pit Bull Terrier Owner
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benniecooper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2012, 01:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I wish I could have cats.. I would love those big maine coon cats... except I have bad allergies to them! but maybe since they look like a small dog... I might be fine!

Its weird.. I have dog allergies too, but not to my own dogs (long hair dogs), unless i pet them and don't wash my hands right away or rub my eyes... unless i have a scratch or open sore on hand.. then the sore will puff out and itch like heck....

However I feel that short hair dogs like labs bother me.. maybe cause their dander and being short hair, it comes off easily.

i believe the reason is that I have had all my dogs since puppies so I grew into them.. So I don't know if I could ever get an older rescue dog...

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
Mr. Jericho(8) and Ms. River Song(4m)
and
Big Cody(doggy heaven 12/13/11)
Slick Nick (doggy heaven 6/10/14)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2012, 02:22 PM

Lindy_Lee has posted more than 5 good deals
I have 4 dachshunds. I'd like to have more but we have no plans on getting another one unless we happen to find one on the side of the road that needs help, and I'm able to get my husband to stop the car
The Following User Says Thank You to Lindy_Lee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!benniecooper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by myystk View Post
I wish I could have cats.. I would love those big maine coon cats... except I have bad allergies to them! but maybe since they look like a small dog... I might be fine!

Its weird.. I have dog allergies too, but not to my own dogs (long hair dogs), unless i pet them and don't wash my hands right away or rub my eyes... unless i have a scratch or open sore on hand.. then the sore will puff out and itch like heck....

However I feel that short hair dogs like labs bother me.. maybe cause their dander and being short hair, it comes off easily.

i believe the reason is that I have had all my dogs since puppies so I grew into them.. So I don't know if I could ever get an older rescue dog...
My Maine Coon is about 20 to 22 pounds and he is a polydactyl (extra toes) so he is a BIG cat with HUGE feet. If you have allergies, this breed would drive you crazy. They have an undercoat of fine hair under their already long outer coat. The undercoat is very fine little hairs that get everywhere if they are not groomed. I am not allergic and it bothers me sometimes! But they are awesome cats.

Ban the Deed Not the Breed-I am a proud American Pit Bull Terrier Owner

Last edited by benniecooper; 02-08-2012 at 02:49 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benniecooper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 04:54 AM

ladytitan has posted more than 50 good deals
I have 2 boxers. And that is plenty for me. Expescially when they run up and down the hall haring my couch as a back board to bounce off of. Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladytitan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2012, 08:57 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have 2 dogs. I have an east german shepherd (120lbs) and a german shepherd/alaskan malamute mix (100lbs) and I have 3 kids in a 2700 sqft home. I have a fenced in back yard of decent size they are indoor dogs and though I have a big enough house I feel like we're at our max. Recently my shepherds breeder emailed me that his parents were having babies and I about died. I wanted one so badly I couldn't stand it and my friend kindly pointed out how much poo dogs this size produce x 3. We go through a lot of dog food and my shepherd has food allergies so he requires special food I can only get at specialty stores or feed companies. There are literally 4 kinds of dog food that he can eat total. Our animals get regular vet care, shots and also require pet licenses. I put a lot of money into my dogs and I feel bringing a 3rd into our home would push me over the limit. I also like to spoil my pups like I spoil my kids so they get big plush beds and toys. Also since my breeds are so large anything I do for them or purchase costs more so I have to mind that cost. We consider our dogs family so they travel with us on vacations, 3 would be too many. Personally if we ever do a 3rd dog I'd want it to be little so it could easily count as our currently 0 cat population. (My shepherd is allergic to cats and I'm convinced they all want me to die) I am a big dog person so its likely I'd find a little dog I'd like and that my dogs wouldn't think was a toy. I wouldn't go actively seeking another dog but if I happened across a stray rescue I wouldn't turn it away either. (I was a vet tech long before I moved to people medicine so I save some on vet costs with my knowledge but pet costs aren't getting any cheaper these days)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2012, 07:23 PM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well, currently I have just my dog, Pennie.

My cat is missing.. for a week now. My friend was supposed to baby sit him in her garage since I'm in a womens shelter and she kicked him outside.. no collar.. no chip.. nothing and didn't tell me for days.

Haven't seen him in a week, even have traps with tuna out and keep catching all the neighbor cats EXCEPT mine. I think a coyote ate him

When I move back to Clarksville, I'll have Pennie, hopefully my cat Billy and Chloe the pitbull mix. She is all white and the sweetest dog ever! (well my little one is sweet too!)

My soon to be roommate wants another puppy 'the right puppy' since his dog is about to turn 10, so I suspect once we get settled, if he finds the right puppy we will end up with a new addition.

On the side that my cat is not found (I will come back for him even if it takes ten years!) I will probably end up with another cat. Just not yet, I'm still heart broken.

My dog definitely has grown on me, you were right.

I got her potty trained (my lord did that take FOREVER) and she knows a couple commands, like sit, crate, inside, outside and down. My friend is the master trainer (his pit is one of the best trained dogs I've ever met) so eventually he will train Pennie too, I'm sure.

Shes in her first heat cycle (almost a year old) and she keeps chewing off the diapers, so she has to stay outside for now.

Shes my little buddy, she snuggles under the blankets with me at night and comes vaulting through the yard to wait at the fence for me when she hears my car.

I miss her (shes at a great no kill animal shelter that partners with the domestic violence center here.. I volunteer once a week they keep my animals safe and sound until I have a new place) and it made me realize shes my little buddy.

Currently my stinky little buddy (90 degrees out today, she stinks like a dog ) but my buddy. She follows me everywhere! Its kind of cool to have a dog, shes MY first dog ever, and she just brings so much into my life. I can take her out to the bark park, I can take her to the store, people stop and pet her cause shes so friendly.. I love it!

Shes also learning to run beside or in front of me and not behind me when I run, which is great for our walks/jogs!

I'm a
who is a
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following User Says Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2012, 06:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We have two, a golden retriever and a cavalier king Charles. Some days I think two is too many...we have three boys, a three year old and two year old twins. I feel like I never get to sit down! The dogs need to go out, need to come back in, need food, need water...plus we have a cat and two fish! No more pets here for awhile!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mteel33 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 PM

CrazyCatLady6 has posted more than 5 good deals
I have 6 cats and we ask how many are too many? Mine all either showed up on my doorstep (2) or I caught them in parking lots (4), all were starving to death. It depends on your comfort level. We have a strategy with our 6 pack, we say we are full but if 1 showed up on my doorstep or walked in front of my path out in public- Im gonna scoop them up. However if they live at someones house or a shelter we say no bec they are being taken care of. My last one I got was sitting under my car in the walmart parking lot. She turned out to be 7mos old but weighed 3lbs and was so infested with worms that she was throwing them up. 3 dogs is nothing. If you had 6 Id say you need to consider, but 3 no.
The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyCatLady6 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2012, 06:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady6 View Post
I have 6 cats and we ask how many are too many? Mine all either showed up on my doorstep (2) or I caught them in parking lots (4), all were starving to death. It depends on your comfort level. We have a strategy with our 6 pack, we say we are full but if 1 showed up on my doorstep or walked in front of my path out in public- Im gonna scoop them up. However if they live at someones house or a shelter we say no bec they are being taken care of. My last one I got was sitting under my car in the walmart parking lot. She turned out to be 7mos old but weighed 3lbs and was so infested with worms that she was throwing them up. 3 dogs is nothing. If you had 6 Id say you need to consider, but 3 no.
Good for you for taking in strays.. You are a very special person..

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
as many as you both agree on having. we have one.. a two year old jack russell terrier, that is enough for us. LOL he keeps us entertaing that is for sure.

we also have an american lop rabbit. he is black and white and his name is Oreo. he is about 2 years old.

Last edited by Arecibo; 05-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arecibo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
Poisonivee has posted more than 50 good deals
i have three dogs and one rabbit so yea its a bit of work with having three kids and an over 2000 sq ft home I dont have a closed in yard or much of the yard. i have a chiuahah but he was aggressive one lesson with one of those breeds dont treat them too much like a baby stay on them and correct them dont hold them to correct snap them out of it you deff dont want an aggressive dog i would have liked to have seen you adopted a bigger dog because so many dont like bigger dogs because of size but its great your taking in a dog period or any animal as a matter of fact I say when to many is when you dont discuss it with your partner and when you start hording them in your home pee and poo everywhere is too many and make sure you fallow the laws of how many dogs you can have or animals
Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Sad to say we had to put our black lab Keanu down last Tuesday he would have been 14 on June 23..I MISS him so much So now we have 1 lab Halle and 2 mini Eskimos Tasha and Jaz and 1 mixed siamese Kiwi.........in time I will get another black lab male but not till some of the broken heart mends.....the house seems so quiet without him
Old 05-21-2012, 09:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
sorry for your loss 2blacklabs.. I know how it feels...

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 AM

:-)
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blacklabs View Post
Sad to say we had to put our black lab Keanu down last Tuesday he would have been 14 on June 23..I MISS him so much So now we have 1 lab Halle and 2 mini Eskimos Tasha and Jaz and 1 mixed siamese Kiwi.........in time I will get another black lab male but not till some of the broken heart mends.....the house seems so quiet without him
So sorry

Do you want to become an AFC Forum Leader?

Openings and requirements can be found
!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thank you..
Old 05-30-2012, 12:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
mommymia has posted more than 50 good deals
We have 4 dogs and 4 cats. A Boxer, English Bulldog, Shih Tzu and a Shih Tzu mix. Love my babies and they are all house dogs and cats. We live out in the country and have a huge fenced in back yard.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieDLRDH has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
2 chocolate labs and 1 outdoor cat, but lots of doggy friends come over to play in our 1/2 acre fenced in yard!