My Dog Has Issues

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
My dog has issues

Ok little background, we have a falling apart couch, a new one is getting delivered next week, typically DH and I each have our own side of the couch and the dog gets the recliner on the other side of the room. Well since a new couch is coming I decided to move all the furniture and shampoo the carpets. In the process I broke DH's side of the couch even further so he doesn't want to sit in it. The next day I rearranged the furniture again so that the recliner was next to the couch so DH could watch TV. All this rearranging gets the dog kinda worried then DH comes home and sits in the recliner. Poor dog just wanders around wondering what to do and having the most pitiful forlorn look on her face. She tries laying in a few places and doesn't like them, even tries my side of the couch but I give her the boot. Finally she crawls up into his broken side and lays down but you can tell from the look on her face, she's upset.

Other times this is funny is when we have company, I make sure and clean the chair really well so ppl don't get dog hair all over them and tell them to sit in the chair. My dog will sit and GLARE at them until they get up to go somewhere, i.e. bathroom, she waits for them to leave the room and jumps in the chair. Does anyone else have pets like this? The funniest part is the expression on their faces.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 07:41 AM

RE: My dog has issues

Ready for new beginnings!

My Mood/Status:
Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Lol! My dogs have certain places they like to lay and if you are in their spot, they will try to move you out of the way. Btw my dogs are 2 little fluff balls around 12 pounds each! My dogs really think they rule things around here and we just keep them company!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come check out the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tessmom05 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 07:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
This is a 90 lb dog I'm talking about. Really nice for company to have a 90 lb doberman/new foundland staring them in the face cuz they are in her seat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cgpother has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Poor baby! LOL.. I have a 125# Lab who likes the left side of the couch. I also like the left side of the couch. Sometimes I will move over and let him up up (his words to know he can get on the couch). Otherwise, he will huff and puff and eventually lay down under my feet.

My little dog is odd, though. If I give her a Busy Bone, it stresses her out. She won't eat it and she guards it like it is some pricless treasure. If the cat, the other dog or even DH or I walk by it, she gets all freaked out. She will lay on the floor and stare at it until she falls asleep. I eventually have to take it away from her because she is so stressed. The Lab gobbles his up in no time...she eats the crumbs from his.

Dogs are quirky things, aren't they.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
OMG.. hilarious! my parents had a couch when I lived with them that was the "dog couch". they would always sit on there. when I moved out a few years ago.. they would have their place on my couch or on the chair/footstool one piece...

Also when I took them back to my parents for a weekend.. one of them would always make a beeline to the basement where my room was so she could go sleep on my bed.... cause they used to sleep with me too..

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
Mr. Jericho(8) and Ms. River Song(4m)
and
Big Cody(doggy heaven 12/13/11)
Slick Nick (doggy heaven 6/10/14)

The Following User Says Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 07:55 AM

Ready for new beginnings!

My Mood/Status:
Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yea, I can see how that would be a problem. I guess the dog just sees the recliner as its territory, it's seat, and doesn't think anyone else should be sitting there.

Come check out the

The Following User Says Thank You to Tessmom05 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 AM

probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have an irish wolfhound and a chocolate lab....they get a section of the couch (we have a HUGE "L" shaped leather sofa), ONLY when their blanket is laid over it ~ when I sit in their spot, they just stare at me until I move over and put their blanket down. I've allowed that spot to become their territory, which is fine, but every now and again I want to sit there too!!!

~I will not run in the rain, I will not run near a train. I will not run when it's hot, Enjoy running? I do not ~

Rescue a pet today~~they'll be forever grateful

Old 01-20-2012, 08:40 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have a dachshund, they are diggers and really like being under blankets, regardless of the temps. So whoever sits down with a blanket (I keep the house cool in winter) must let her under. Last week my blanket was in the wash, she tried burrowing under my sweatshirt - while I was in it!

I've been couponing for 30+ years. I can't imagine ever shopping without them
The Following User Says Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 09:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessoflubbock View Post
I have a dachshund, they are diggers and really like being under blankets, regardless of the temps. So whoever sits down with a blanket (I keep the house cool in winter) must let her under. Last week my blanket was in the wash, she tried burrowing under my sweatshirt - while I was in it!

I've been couponing for 30+ years. I can't imagine ever shopping without them
I have at terrier dachshund mix and he does this as well! I keep little throw blankets around and he will just burrow and make a nest in them . I do not let my dog on the furniture though, he has his own bed and blankets to be comfy in.
My moms dog ( a rotty lab mix prob almost weighs as much as me!) will PUSH you off the couch if you are in "HIS" spot... he basically squishes up on you until you get off. LOL
Old 01-20-2012, 09:18 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Our dog that recently passed away was like this. When she first showed up at our place, she wouldn't get on the furniture at all, but for the last 3-4 years she laid claim to our leather overstuffed chair that no one sat in much. If you were in her seat, she would groan and give you "that glare". If you didn't get up, she would go lay in her crate (had a big fluffy dog bed in it) but would keep an eye on her chair so she could snatch it back the second you get up. She liked the couch too, but only if my DH was sitting there. And heaven forbid if our other dog (dachshund) would get up on the couch to get lovins too. Lol
Old 01-20-2012, 09:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
Occasionally the cat will crawl in her recliner and she'll walk over, glare at him for a while then growl a little (he ignores her) and then she'll crawl/walk onto the recliner and kinda push/squish him and if he's in a mood he'll just sit there and take it. There was one time I thought she was gonna sit on him entirely, all that was poking out was his head. It was hilarious.

I had a dog years ago that LOVED to be under covers too - I'd take him to friends houses and sit on the floor or couch to watch a movie, lift the blanket up and he'd curl underneath it and never bother a soul. He also had to sleep under the covers, so imagine this, it's me, a 90 lb dog on top of the covers, a 12 lb cat on top of the covers and a 25 lb dog under the covers. At least he was a poodle and didn't shed in the sheets.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:12 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have a dog that is an evil genius. When another dog has something she wants she turns her head to the door and barks. Of course the other dog runs to the door all excited about someone being at the door, abandoning whatever it is that she desires. She immediately swoops up whatever it was that she wanted before the other dog realizes no one is at the door and comes back.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
I have a dog that is an evil genius. When another dog has something she wants she turns her head to the door and barks. Of course the other dog runs to the door all excited about someone being at the door, abandoning whatever it is that she desires. She immediately swoops up whatever it was that she wanted before the other dog realizes no one is at the door and comes back.
Besides my indoor neurotic pet dog, we also have outdoor working dogs (Australian Shepherds), well we've got one that will lead the other dogs in the wrong direction when we are trying to move cows and then she'll disappear so that the other dog gets yelled at. She thinks we don't know but we've figured out her game. Usually you want a good older dog to help train the young pups, but she's impossible to do that with, she teaches them bad habits and gets them in trouble. But if you use her by herself, she's PERFECT. jealousy is an ugly monster!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 06:57 PM

I have been "Elfed"
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Msomers75 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Msomers75 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Msomers75 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Msomers75 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Msomers75 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Msomers75 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We have a shorkie which is a small dog, about 9 lbs. Well Zeus thinks he owns the place. My DD isn't allowed on our bed. He will growl and bite her(not to draw blood but to make her leave). He has a blanket on the couch, which is his. If she has it, he will get up on the couch and pull it from her. He is very silly! She pretends to attack me or take something from me and he gets all in her face barking and causing a bunch of noise.

When we aren't home he lays with her, cuddles in her lap and so forth. But if DH and I are home, he doesn't want anything to do with her. He is sooo jealous of her. He even does the "potty dance". When he has to go out, he jumps off the couch and gets in the middle of the floor and spins in circles and jumps in the air. It's so cute! Sometimes I wonder if it's really a dog....
Old 01-20-2012, 07:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
helpmesave1997 has posted more than 100 good deals!helpmesave1997 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I have a 75 pound boxer and she is rotten, she has her chair and no one can sit in it, if they do she will climb in behind them and push them out. She also likes to sleep with me and hubby won't let her in the bed so she will sleep on the floor at my feet until he leaves for work then she will lay in wait until he calls to let me know he's at work then she will climb in. She also has to have homemade gravy poured over her food or she won't eat it. She has to take a bath three times a week, like clock work she will go get in the tub and bark for me to come bathe her. She also has to go everywhere I go. And want to talk about having problems we had to make her a walk way that is covered to the field so she can go use the bathroom when it rains or snows. She is like a drama queen she get very upset when her feet gets muddy. But I wouldn't trade her for a million dollars had bottle feed her from 2 days old her mom got killed the second day she was born and she is 5 years old now
The Following User Says Thank You to helpmesave1997 For This Useful Post: