HELP! My Trained Dog Is All Of A Sudden Going To The B-room Inside

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 10:02 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
alicia4207 has posted more than 200 great deals!alicia4207 has posted more than 200 great deals!alicia4207 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Question HELP! My trained dog is all of a sudden going to the b-room inside

Hello everyone I have a adorable 1yr and 1 month old yorkie-poo Romeo, he is by far the best dog ever but these past two mornings he hasn't been.

Usually he will wake me up to take him out if he really has to go or the second I move around he sits and stares at me and does this half sneeze/bark noise to get me up. Yesterday morning 12/29 he did neither of the two he simply jumped off the bed and peed in my room, today 12/30 I woke up to an awful odor, he peed on my bed AND pooped in my room. I have absolutely no idea why he is doing this!

Yesterday it was only the morning incident, the rest of the day was normal take him out 3-4 times when I ask him "do you have to go potty" and when we drive to a store (yes I am the kind of person that takes their dog everywhere). I'm assuming today will be similiar so I am just wondering why in the morning?

I usually live at college but I am home on break since 12/17 and took him to get neutered 12/19. I was thinking it could be the neutering because I doubt he is stress from leaving my apartment at school since we come home from breaks a lot (thanksgiving we were home for a week and no problems) Another thought that crossed my mind is he is lashing out against me because he adores my boyfriend, Romeo's actually both of ours but when were home on break we divide up taking him, I usually will have him 2-3 days then Jordan takes him for a day etc.. so Jordan had him 12/28 (no accidents) then I had him 12/29 (accidents started)

Any advise is much appreciated
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Romeo 1 yr.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:28 AM

RE: HELP! My trained dog is all of a sudden going to the b-room inside

Border Collie <3.

YFZmommy has posted more than 50 good deals
Has he been to the vet lately for a checkup? He could have a bladder infection, stones, etc.

Edit: just saw that he was neutered recently. I would definitely call and let your vet know. This could be a side effect of the surgery....it may hurt him to 'hold it'.

Last edited by YFZmommy; 12-30-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:51 PM

wait a second, I might have a coupon for that!
Looking for my other flip flop!

My Mood/Status:
ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My guess is all the transitions is causing this...he's at one place one day, another place the next...kudos on getting him neutered but other poster is right that this could also be a contributing factor to his inside-eliminating now. Check the incision site for infection, take pre-emptive walks, schedule feedings to occur appropriate time prior to pre-emptive walks.

If none of this works, I would say a vet visit is in the works! Good luck!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Awe. There has to be something going on. Like said before, maybe it hurts to hold it. I would at least call the vet and ask what they think. Good luck to you. And I love that you take him everywhere you can with you. I love my little 4 legged babies too. grin
Old 12-31-2011, 04:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
flowerchicken has posted more than 200 great deals!flowerchicken has posted more than 200 great deals!flowerchicken has posted more than 200 great deals!
ya i would definately check with the vet for a possible bladder infection or some medical problem. and if that's not the case then it could very well be the stress of the neuturing and/or change in environment. my dogs also have accidents when they have a change in environment. i used belly bands successfully on my male schipperke - you can order them on ebay - they definately helped with less accidents when i'd take him to my MIL's house.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:02 PM

july2011 has posted more than 10 good deals
1) Medical reason. I'd want to take him to the vet to rule out a urinary tract infection, which is the cause of most cases where housebroken dogs start peeing inside.

2) Disturbed schedule. Not emotional, just if he's used to peeing at X time, and now because the living quarters are different than last week, he's going out at Y time, he might not be handling the change. He's young, and toy breeds are often dificult to housetrain.

I'd take him to the vet to rule out medical reasons, and spend a couple days making sure he has a lot of opportunity to go outside - long walks on a leash are indispensable for this.