When Does Pet Food Go On Sale?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 10:49 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

littlegal19844 has posted more than 25 good deals
when does pet food go on sale?

I started doing coupons because of my hours getting cut and the thing I try to stockpile or buy the most is dog and cat food.

does anyone know when the best time is for the best coupons and how often do they go on sale?

I buy three bags of dog food every four weeks. I take care of three dogs and may have one more pretty soon.

Also we go through about 4-5 bags of cat food every two weeks. I can't say how many I have but I take care of over 10 cats.

Any suggestions? thanks :-)
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 04:34 PM

RE: when does pet food go on sale?

My Mood/Status:
Dottielee has posted more than 50 good deals
Frequently, Publix has BOGO on grocery store cat food.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:45 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
jeanjunkie has posted more than 50 good deals
Love to get those free dog food coupons!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 08:04 PM

Supporting Member

jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jlperschke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I haven't noticed a sale cycle. I do animal rescue, so I go through a lot of pet food. Right now it's around 100 lbs. of dog food a month and 40 lbs. of cat food a month. I've been managing by stocking up on good sales. A local store had 15-lb. bags of Holistic Select dog food on sale for $7.99 so I bought 20 bags. When the Science Diet Ideal Balance was $0.99 for a 4-lb. bag with 2 free cans of food at Petsmart I stocked up with around 60 bags and 120 cans. I try to feed the animals the best food I can afford, but it's tough since I only have $100 a month to do it.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:40 PM

littlegal19844 has posted more than 25 good deals
that is so sweet of you to rescue animals!

I have saved 5 kitties and the rest was born in my home.

I have tons of dads 1.00 off coupons but only time I saw it on sale was at a store I live called riespikes and it was 4.99 a 15lb bag and that was in the spring time

but I keep looking and seems like coupons for pets only last 3 weeks
Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 PM

RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!RNSAMRN has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I can't remember when, maybe January last year?...Shoprite did a Catalina deal that included pet foods. Think it was spend $20 get $20 back. So we used coupons and bought order after order of Friskies. We also helped my sister buy several bags of Beneful with coupons. She is on her last bag of Beneful now. The Catalina's said to be used on Purina products, but you could get one can of cat food and apply the remainder towards your food order. We had so many Catalina's to use though, and we have a lot of cats, so at times we just bought more cat food. It has been wonderful not needing to buy wet food all year. We still have a whole section of a shelving unit of cans left, but I am so hoping for another sale soon! Dry food we have been lucky to enter FB contests and get coupons for free bags, or use Purina coupons to get bags for .99 or less. Let's hope some good deals come around soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& mom to 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, wife to a wonderful man
who loves
... living with

and our

whom we

~I got a fever, and the only cure is....more coupons!~

Last edited by RNSAMRN; 12-09-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:45 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Check and see if there are any feed stores (usually for farm animals) around as they usually have better prices on pet food. Or try Costco or BJ's or Sam's.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:19 AM

Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!
When you see a new pet food product come out, that is the time to scoop up a lot of coupons. When Purina came out with their new "Beyond" recipe of cat food they had tons of "free box" coupons floating around for a while. It's good to check with coupon clipping services and e bay when you see a new product coupon come out.