What Food Do You Feed Your Cat/dog?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 09:32 PM

RE: What food do you feed your cat/dog?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Have just put our new kitten on Orijen food..all 4 dogs on Halo..also have bought fromm cans for the new kitten
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 10:05 PM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I believe pets should eat what they would in thier wild state. My dogs get canned name brand foods along with cooked meats also grains and veggies today the dogs and cats got thanksgiveing dinners chopped turkey and stock from the carcass of our turkey removed the bones and cooked egg noodles and green beans put through the food processor and made a gravy for it. Birds got turkey sweet potatoes and fresh fruits and veggies along with thier whole grain bread and seeds.
They all love spagetti and most pasta dishes with meats.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:50 AM

nellyhartley has posted more than 10 good deals
Purina One. Will not cut corners on our dog.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:37 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
ssjbulmatb1 has posted more than 150 good deals!ssjbulmatb1 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Iams!
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
cindymac1624 has posted more than 150 good deals!cindymac1624 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairysaver View Post
I feed Diamond Naturals to both my cat and 3 dogs. It runs around 30$ for 40 lbs of dog food and 15$ for 15 lbs of cat food. I like it because it has no corn, wheat, soy or meat meal it is all real ingredients very comparable to Blue and a lot cheaper . No smelly poo from the cat or dog, and the dog poo disapears into the lawn after like 24 hrs because there is no preservatives in it at all. Rarely see qs for it though As far as liter we dont have a litter box in use very much because our cat house trained with the dogs and scratches to be let out except if its snowing he will use box so we usually use tidy cats for small spaces, I just hate the dust when you open it and the perfume smell to it.
I have never heard of Diamond Naturals. Where do you purchase yours?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
cindymac1624 has posted more than 150 good deals!cindymac1624 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I use Purina One Smart Blend for Indoor cats. because I can usually get a q for that.
I tried Worlds Best and it good but too expensive. I am happy with the Tractor Supply brand of cluming litter. Reasonable priced and no perfume.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
savvysaver3331 has posted more than 5 good deals
I got blessed with a cat that would eat herself to death if possible. I am only allowed to give her a scoop a day and then have to make sure she doesn't eat the other cats food or the dogs for that matter. I use purina cat chow and for litter I use Arm and Hammer Scoopable....Super Scoop, Double Duty or Multi-cat, whatever is on sale.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
PurpleOwlz has posted more than 25 good deals
We feed Foxy (red beagle) Precise dog food. A bit expensive, but it's worth it. The pet store we buy it at has a loyalty card, so after purchasing so many (we get the 50# bag), we will get one free.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:34 PM

Border Collie <3.

YFZmommy has posted more than 50 good deals
Royal Canin and Taste of The Wild.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 AM

Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!
I use to think Royal Canin was a premium food because of the price, but then I recently read the label on the flavor enhanced dry food I just purchased. the first ingredient is protein meal and the next four ingredients are some sort of grain, and beets. That's what they are overcharging people for, grains and more grains. What a racket. They are worse than Science Diet in fooling the consumer.

Taste of the Wild is a very good food because it has real meat protein.

A note about any food that is filled with cereals for cats, in the end it will hurt their health. I inherited a cat from a relative to passed away. He had been fed nothing but Purnia cat chow for his 7 years of life and he died 3 weeks ago from renal failure. Of course when he came to live with me a year ago I was feeding him premium food, but unfortunately the harm had already been done to his kidneys.

I've been rescuing hundreds of cats over the past 20 years and have had only one, besides this one to die from kidney faillure. None of my animals die of the most common ailments, ie., diabetes, kidney failure, liver failure, etc.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:03 AM

Border Collie <3.

See below.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:04 AM

Border Collie <3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuses
I use to think Royal Canin was a premium food because of the price, but then I recently read the label on the flavor enhanced dry food I just purchased. the first ingredient is protein meal and the next four ingredients are some sort of grain, and beets. That's what they are overcharging people for, grains and more grains. What a racket. They are worse than Science Diet in fooling the consumer.

Taste of the Wild is a very good food because it has real meat protein..
Was this directed at me?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:06 AM

Border Collie <3.

Here is a great link for anyone who wants to see how good (or bad) their pet's food is: http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/
Old 12-31-2011, 04:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
flowerchicken has posted more than 200 great deals!flowerchicken has posted more than 200 great deals!flowerchicken has posted more than 200 great deals!
i feed my schipperkes Blue Buffalo grain-free. i mix the canned food with the kibble. its not cheap but my dogs' stomachs are very sensitive and its been the only food that they dont get diarrhea with. also their coat's are beautiful and healthy.