Cheap Dog Beds?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Frugal Teen

My Mood/Status:
madamecupcake has posted more than 10 good deals
Cheap Dog beds?

Anyone know where I can get a cheap dog bed ? (everywhere I go they are around $25... ]= )
My dog is about 10 - 12 lbs.

I also like doing a lot of DIY Projects
so if you have any ideas please tell me. (:

Right now my shih-poo
is in a cardboard box with her blanket & toys.

She doesn't sleep there often though
& even though I love her with all my heart
I'm tired of having to share my bed with her.
(Doesn't help with my allergies...)
The Following User Says Thank You to madamecupcake For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 10:06 PM

RE: Cheap Dog beds?

cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
CVS frequently has small dog beds (I also have a Shih-Tzu and a Dachshund) on sale for $5.99 each. I get these about every couple of months. I never have had a good experience washing dog beds (my Dachshund sheds a LOT) so I just replace them periodically. I have two end tables in my family room that have a drawer and a low shelf...between them is just open space. I put the dog bed on the shelf of the table (saves floor space) and my dogs love to nap there.
The Following User Says Thank You to cyndibru For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 10:13 PM

I love my cat

My Mood/Status:
warnocka has posted more than 25 good deals
I made bigger version of this for my dog YouTube - ‪How To Make A No-Sew Fleece Tie Pillow J&O Fabric Store‬‏ you can find the pillow and fabric at Joanns or get alot of batting and make the pillow case only and leave a corner un-tied and then stuff it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warnocka For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 03:59 AM

KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!KPSimon has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've gotten them at TJMaxx/Marshalls for less than $20. The stores near me have a good selection.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
ace214 has posted more than 50 good deals
If you have a Younkers or Bon Ton close they frequently have beds for around $10. They aren't the plushiest beds but they work well and are durable. We've got a Shih-Tzu and a 35 lb. mixed breed and have had no issues so far with the one we got around Christmas time.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 AM

Mkschles has posted more than 10 good deals
I have been able to buy really good quality dog beds at Costco. I got a large one for my lab mix (70 lbs.) that is still in good shape two years later that I bought for $15. Same for a foam bed for my terrier ($25) that I think I spent $20 on. Not as cheap as the ones at CVS but much better quality. Of course, they both still prefer my bed (and sometimes my pillow!). Don't even both with places like Petco. They will totally rip you off on dog beds!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:14 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I vote for Costco also. I bought a large round one that is about a foot or more tall with denim on the bottom and the fake lambs wool on the top. I had a 50 lb English Springer Spaniel and it worked great for her and it has a zipper cover so it can be washed. The only problem was getting my dog off of it so I could wash the cover. She would stare at the laundry room until her bed was returned.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:30 PM

Having fun finding deals

My Mood/Status:
littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
We've tried several different kinds of dog beds. One of our dogs will use them but the other is very picky (hence trying several different kinds) He preferred to sleep on any of the pillows that may have fallen of of the bed at night. He now has his own pillow and loves it.

Both of our dogs are on the 20 lbs. and under scale.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Tina Bermudez

My Mood/Status:
tberm4901 has posted more than 25 good deals
Try Big Lots....they usually have a good selection and beds for my very big dogs that are $15.00, so you should be able to find cheaper.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:26 PM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree with Costco. I have a lot of dogs so I have a mix of beds from there and CVS. They all start to wear out depending on how much the dogs use them so they are both good deals. The Costco beds they have a large rectangle or large circle for under $20.

As far as washing the CVS ones, they wash so so. Not the best.

One tip I heard for a cheap and easy to clean dog bed is to take those large sham pillow cases and stick old clothes in it. Put in some snaps to close it and viola. I have tried it without the snaps and it is a good substitute.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericlovesarah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:34 PM

Grounded for Life

Sophie76 has posted more than 75 good deals!
My lab I had for 11 yrs never would go for the pricey pet beds I bought her, she prefered my sweatshirt on the floor.
My new puppy is always in trouble. She gets sent to the kitchen with a kiddie blankie to sleep on.
The biggest thing is they want something that smells like you.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
lovemy4danes has posted more than 100 good deals!lovemy4danes has posted more than 100 good deals!
Since my guys range from 130lbs to 180 lbs I use either old crib mattresses from a yard sale or my latest and favorite is a mattress from a sleeper tractor trailer (hubby is a tractor trailer mech so they were free!) we have 4 throughout the house. For such a small dog how about a king size pillow?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
ILove2Bake has posted more than 25 good deals
As a fellow owner of small dogs (pugs to be exact), I understand how doggies need their own space too. When my 6 y.o. pug was a baby I came up with this idea because she would shred any regular doggie bed I bought.

I bought two party tubs like you would use to chill drinks in and I put a blanket and some old fluffy towels in each one. They love it because they can each "fix" their bed the way they want to, including ripping up the towels if they need to... to get it just right and nobody gets upset. It's also nice because you can take the blanket and towels and toss them in the washer/dryer, wipe out the tub and then put the blanket/towels back in and it's good to go again. I found that regular doggie beds tend to leak fluff or get bunched up in the washer so this was a great compromise. This is an example of the kind of tub I'm talking about (although ours are a tad different, most grocery stores have them in stock in the summer time and they are usually about $5): Amazon.com: Grasslands Road Bright Pink Plastic Party Drink Chiller Tub with Handles: Patio, Lawn & Garden

My 2 cents!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILove2Bake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 PM

midnamoondog has posted more than 10 good deals
I have found that cheap pet beds anymore are CHEAP and will fall apart in good time! If you want to spend about $50-75 on one, it will last you! Otherwise, I would say DIY and make a bed. I have a Molly Mutt dog bed with an old down comforter shoved in there. My dog loves it! I got the duvet new and cheap off eBay! If I were to do it over however, I would get some duck cloth from Jo-Ann's and sew a duvet and stuff it with old towels and stuff like that! It's a great way to recycle. Plus dogs usually love to dig in their beds a bit and move the insides about the way they like it! Good luck
Old 07-09-2011, 09:46 PM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have for one bed a mattress topper - the bulky kind with a mattress pad on top tucked around it. I can wash the pad and air the topper out on the clothes line. Also towels are great as mentioned. I use them in the dog crates so they can pull things. It is amazing how they will pull things to make it just right for themselves.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
sammysaves has posted more than 10 good deals
For anyone with a big dog I would suggest a matress for a child's crib, way cheaper and waterproof. Those huge dogbeds are outrageously priced, and big dogs need the support. As for a smaller pet use an old pillow, take some fleece and using your pillow as a template cut out an area larger on each side about 4 inches extra, then cut squares out in the corners where the pillow ends, cut the rest into strips leaving the area where the pillow is alone, then tie. Hope that makes sense, if not pm me. Cheap and easy! Plus who doesn't have an old pillow they could recycle to their best friend.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:52 PM

threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!threelittlecupcakes has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Would the pillow's you get from Target with the q for 50 cents work, then you can remove the pillow case to wash when needed.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:56 PM

Tina Bermudez

My Mood/Status:
tberm4901 has posted more than 25 good deals
Try jefferspet.com Great website with close to wholesale prices AND they are having am 80% off sale right now.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:23 PM

Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!
Whatever type you buy try to get one covered in microfibre cloth. The hair will fall off when you shake it before laundering. I've bought some great beds from Sam's, but they are for large dogs. The covers outlast the insides.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
ANGISHELBY27 has posted more than 25 good deals
costco, for sure. big beds for $18
Old 08-08-2011, 03:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Also you can use old couch and chair cushions.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Free re

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamecupcake View Post
Anyone know where I can get a cheap dog bed ? (everywhere I go they are around $25... ]= )
My dog is about 10 - 12 lbs.

I also like doing a lot of DIY Projects
so if you have any ideas please tell me. (:

Right now my shih-poo
is in a cardboard box with her blanket & toys.

She doesn't sleep there often though
& even though I love her with all my heart
I'm tired of having to share my bed with her.
(Doesn't help with my allergies...)
There are alot of folks who don't know about craigslist free and freecycle. I got the cloth, pillow batting off freecycle and made 3 dog beds for our sheltie. She has one for every room she loves! All I did was make them uber size. Simple square. I am sure there are free patterns online for them as well. Seems to be all kinds of neat DIY sewing ideas online. HTH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fubu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Stealth
Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 AM

Ltaylor882 has posted more than 150 good deals!Ltaylor882 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGISHELBY27
costco, for sure. big beds for $18
I second Costco. I adopted my dog about 4 years ago and he came with a Costco bed. 4 years later it is still in perfect condition.

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup :-)
Old 11-16-2011, 01:42 PM

Brittany

Britt2188 has posted more than 25 good deals
Family Dollar. My Maltese is about 10-12 pounds and she wouldn't sleep any other dog bed til I got her hers at the dollar store last year for Christmas. It was 10.00.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I always used comforters that I bought from yard sales for dog beds!!