Good Flea Killer For Kitten? And More Advice Please! ***UPDATED!! W/ Pic

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 06:33 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Super mom of 5

My Mood/Status:
mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Update good flea killer for kitten? and more advice please! ***UPDATED!! w/ pic

I need to know where to buy a good flea killer for my kitten. And what kind.

Thanks!!

need more advice:

I just got a new kitten, they said she was litter box trained, but I guess not. She has been going in the corner.. and I just found it. I put her poop in the box and put her in it. She is now in the laundry room, which is where I keep the box with the door closed. Is this right? what else or different do I need to do?

This is the first time I have ever gotten a kitten without any adult cats in the house.

*** UPDATE: Yea!! She is finally litter box trained! I figured out she was going behind our TV to go potty, so I put foil down and completely blocked it off. We kept putting her in the litter box room, but I dont think that was helping becasue I think she was/ is scared of the washer / or dryer. So, we moved it.. I really did not want to move it.. but she is using it! So it was fo rthe best!!! Also Attaching a pic in post #14

Thanks everyone for all the advice!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Amedeus (3)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Jasiah

Central Area Kroger shopper

Last edited by mommamerri; 02-06-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: update
The Following User Says Thank You to mommamerri For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM

RE: good flea killer for kitten? and more advice please! ***UPDATED!! w/ pic

Farm life is the best life!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Under your sink. Dawn works great on pups and kittens. Just dont get it in the eyes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntinglabmom05 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 07:19 PM

Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Heard the same thing from a friend, dawn was recommended by her vet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 07:42 PM

Super mom of 5

My Mood/Status:
mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
really, i actually have a TON of it!! thanks!
Amedeus (3)
and Jasiah

Old 01-29-2010, 08:29 PM

Super mom of 5

My Mood/Status:
need more help for my new kitten.. litterbox training

I just got a new kitten, they said she was litter box trained, but I guess not. She has been going in the corner.. and I just found it. I put her poop in the box and put her in it. She is now in the laundry room, which is where I keep the box with the door closed. Is this right? what else or different do I nmeed to do?

This is the first time I have ever gotten a kitten without any adult cats in the house.
Amedeus (3)
and Jasiah

Old 01-29-2010, 08:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
slbutler has posted more than 100 good deals!slbutler has posted more than 100 good deals!
I don't have a clue about the litter box but... I do know fleas love to get around their eyes and mouth when you bath them, so baby wash does great on the face.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slbutler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 PM

Grounded for Life

tjandrj'smom has posted more than 200 great deals!tjandrj'smom has posted more than 200 great deals!tjandrj'smom has posted more than 200 great deals!
dawn is the best for fleas, the litter box training if you can keep the kitten closed in the same room with the litter box for a few days you wont have anymore problems, it could have beed trained but when your brought it home you have to retain it. Mine was tained and never had a problem until we moved then he would use the bathroom in the bathtub until he got use to the new house now no problems hope you enjoy you new child
The Following User Says Thank You to tjandrj'smom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 09:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!martha8994 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah, Dawn is what I use. To keep the fleas from running onto the kittens face or into her ears, start at the head and work your way down to the tail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martha8994 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
You are doing well for the litter box training. Put the poop in the box, like you did. When the kitty is done eating, put her/him in the box right afterwards. Keep the kitty in a smaller room with the litter box (easier to find accidents, and easier for kitty to find the box too).
The Following User Says Thank You to priscillamylove For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM

Super mom of 5

My Mood/Status:
THanks everyone!! great tips! I actually do not think she was litter box trained.. her mom was an outside cat, and when my BF went topick her up he said that the back room had poop in it.. where she was mainly kept. So I think the mother may have just been going ouside while the babies just went where ever.. may I may be wrong. I guess I am gonna go and get her and give her a dawn bath....
Amedeus (3)
and Jasiah

Old 01-29-2010, 09:41 PM

Farm life is the best life!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Keep us updated and we would love to see pics of your little bundle of joy
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntinglabmom05 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Cats are pretty smart, she will learnt he litter box is the place to go pretty quickly. Just keep putting her in it, especially after she eats. If you want more control - just feed her 2-3 times a day at a set time, then put her in the litter box afterwards. She will start scratching around in it....
The Following User Says Thank You to priscillamylove For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2010, 07:32 AM

Super mom of 5

My Mood/Status:
Well, she covered the poop I put in there.. so hopefully that is a good sign. I will get pics and post them as soon as I can.
Amedeus (3)
and Jasiah

Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 PM

Super mom of 5

My Mood/Status:
pics of her with my kids... and one of her pretty colors on her back

Amedeus (3)
and Jasiah

The Following User Says Thank You to mommamerri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 07:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!2blacklabs has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
If she had fleas be sure to get a poop sample to the vet to check for worms.

Last edited by 2blacklabs; 02-14-2010 at 08:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2blacklabs For This Useful Post: