What Kind Of Pets Are Part Of Your Family?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 01:32 PM

RE: what kind of pets are part of your family?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!
I have 3 cats--Lilly (13), Patsy (12), and Smudge (3). They're all from either the Humane Society or a rescue agency. Lilly is a DLH, calico, Patsy is DSH, and Smudge is a pure bred silver Persian. They are all my babies!!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 AM

Enough snow already!

My Mood/Status:
Browneyes57 has posted more than 10 good deals
Our house is run by 2 shetland sheepdogs, Ellie (10 yrs. old) & Bo (9 yrs old), and a very spoiled lop-earred bunny, Oreo, who we think is about 2 yrs old, since he adopted me as soon as I saw him at the local Humane Society! We also have a 27 gal. aquarium filled with all sorts of tropical fish, and a huge toad that has taken up residence in my garden!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YvetteL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have a box turtle- Chloe.

Before we moved (1800 miles from home, I rehomed everything with friends of ours. not fair to keep everyone in a hotel for 3 months, it was bad enough we had the turtle in ahotel for that long), anyway... we had hermit crabs, a fish tank with cherry shrimp and fish)

ISO- Buddig $1/4
Old 08-14-2009, 02:22 PM

Miles to go . . ..
Blessed beyond belief!!

My Mood/Status:
momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momster4de3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chella009 View Post
3 rottweilers Wandor, Sadie & Diva
2 bunnies Pebbles & Dutchess
1 orphan fawn here's a pic the day we found her.

Now that is just too precious!!! Do you still have her?

We just have the two cats, you guys are wearing me out reading about how many dogs and other pets you have. How on Earth do you keep up with so many animals??

Denise

Last edited by momster4de3; 08-14-2009 at 02:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to momster4de3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 PM

teacher123199 has posted more than 25 good deals
We have 3 cats: Popcorn, Oreo and Biscuit, 2 dogs Cece and Dakota and 1 Beta fish. Too many!!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 PM

my baby on the mound

My Mood/Status:
chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!chella009 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by momster4de3 View Post
Now that is just too precious!!! Do you still have her?

We just have the two cats, you guys are wearing me out reading about how many dogs and other pets you have. How on Earth do you keep up with so many animals??
Yup and she has tripled in size. This is Twinkie now She needs to grow into her ears

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chella009 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM

finding new ways to save money!

My Mood/Status:
jif101 has posted more than 25 good deals
We have a gray standard poodle - Zuzu. We got her from poodle rescue when she was 5... she's 13 now and still thinks she's a puppy!
The Following User Says Thank You to jif101 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2009, 05:16 PM

Mom to Averi and Rian! Wife to Griff

My Mood/Status:
momto2divas has posted more than 25 good deals
We have a Siberian Husky Zoey he's 3, we have a Boxer Diesel who is 2 and we have a cat Spud who is 12.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:55 PM

Hello summer!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kasmom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have two dogs, Jack he is a lab mix and Jill a Welsh Corgi. We also have 3 cats, chichi,
Bella and Marlie, all adopted from humane society. Busy...busy but we love them!
The Following User Says Thank You to kasmom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
itsmeagain has posted more than 150 good deals!itsmeagain has posted more than 150 good deals!
1 Great Dane
4 cats
1 ferret
2 fish-seperate tanks of course
The Following User Says Thank You to itsmeagain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 PM

staciedawn84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!staciedawn84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!staciedawn84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!staciedawn84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!staciedawn84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!staciedawn84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We have a zoo! I cannot stand to see an abandoned or mistreated animal, so we have rescued a few!

We have 3 dogs, a cat, two birds and a lizard! Jewel is a female Boston Terrier, she was a gift to my husband for his birthday, he was raised with Boston's and just loves them. Then we have a male Boston named Roscoe, he was rescued, kept him from going to the pound. A male Austrailian Sheppard named Trevor, he was badly beaten and has some terrible behavior issues because of it, we are the only people he is friendly with, our kids, my husband and I. We have a solid black cat with 7 toes on both front feet, her name is Sabbath and she is a crazy one, she was also rescued, she was being dropped out at the dump. We have two cockatiels, Paco and Molly, they were abandoned and in terrible health in a home that was being forclosed on. There was mold in their water dish, no seed, they were in a rabbit cage with inches of mess on the bottom of the cage and Paco had a terrible eye infection that took a month to heal somewhat, I've now had them 9 months and his eye still dries up at times and gets extremely watery at other times, but they are healthy and happy and doing beautifully! Then, last, but not least, the Tokay Gecko named Geico, he's viscious but ever so pretty, he eats mice and crickets, my husband feeds him the mice because I just think it's cruel, but I do realize that it's all part of the food chain!

So, I think that's about it, 2 kids, a husband, 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 birds and a lizard, I have my hands full!
The Following User Says Thank You to staciedawn84 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 10:28 PM

Ladybug777 has posted more than 25 good deals
Here's two of the girls........ "Grandma" is a silver laced wyndote and "Rojo Loco" is an "americana/auracauna??" hen that lays green/blue eggs!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grandma & Rojo Loco.jpg (170.9 KB, 5 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladybug777 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 09:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have 4 dogs 1 cat two fish and a chameleon.Currently have 4 Yorkie-poo puppies that are 4 days old too! Will be selling them though- only to great homes of course!
3 yorkies- cooper, Ella, and Ripley
1 poodle-Gracie
1 cat- Sushi
1 veiled Chameleon- Camelia - she is very sick and we have to hand feed her. She was given to me as everyone that knows me knows I am willing to take on the challenge and give it my all- all the while falling in love with GOd's creatures!

Put our 13 1/2 yr old Weimerainer pitt bull mix to sleep yesterday (RIP my friiend)
Put Molly our Brindle Dane to sleep about 2 yrs ago2 frogs died two weeks ago
My poodle was killed in tornadoes about 4 1/2 yrs ago
Mouse, a kitty rescue died here at home from failure to thrive a year ago-
Something you all may think is disgusting- or funny....When I see an Opposum killed in the road I often times stop- or make my DH stop to let me look to see if it is a female and if it had babies in its pouch- often times they are not killed when hit by a car. I have yet to find babies but if I do I will try to give it a go at saving them. I have also rescued baby birds that fell into my sisters house through her chiminea, dog through rescues, cats that have been injured, You name it I am definitely game! My husband is not alwyas thrilled about this! Even tried to stop to get a turtle out of the road, pulled off the side of the road, and due to all the rain my car slid down an embankment and had to be towed out- the car behind me hit the turtle...and kept going! I took the turtle to the vet as it was not dead but was suffering and had him put to sleep. I am crazy about animals!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always looking for a deal!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poshpoodle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 AM

coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
2 dogs, a Pit Bull named Diesel and a Rottweiler named Mica. 3 cats- Jasmine who is 23 years old!!!!! Jazzy who is 7 and Nixie who is 2. My oldest cat,Jasmine, I have had her since I was 3,and she was 3.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to coastieswife2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 AM

AFC Star Member

sherbear14 has posted more than 400 great deals!sherbear14 has posted more than 400 great deals!sherbear14 has posted more than 400 great deals!sherbear14 has posted more than 400 great deals!sherbear14 has posted more than 400 great deals!
1 dog (hershey)
1 cat (fluffy)
2 cockatiels
2 turtles (pebbles and franklin)
1 frog
8 goldfish
3 catfish
4 guppies
and 1 rabbit named max
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherbear14 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 06:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
dcanon has posted more than 100 good deals!dcanon has posted more than 100 good deals!
I have 4 dogs, 2 cats, 1 guinea pig and 1 hamster.
Mickey-long haired doxie 11 years old
Tess-a fawn colored Pug--will be 4 years old in Feb.
Shadow-cat
Ember-cat--My DD and brother rescued the cats as 1 1/2 week old kittens from a brush fire and had smoke inhalation/burns. Couldn't find the mother. we nursed them around the clock. They are now very big, active cats.Almost 3 years old.
Rusty-dog-was rescued as a puppy at the trash dump on the side of the road. A local farmer was getting ready to shoot him. He was starved and had thousands of fleas and ticks. He's 12 years old now.
Buddy the black lab--rescued off the side of a major highway starved/looking for food when he was around 8 months old.
Hamie the hamster and Dixie the guinea pig was given to my DD but she tends to Hamie and Dixie is now mine!
The Following User Says Thank You to dcanon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2009, 03:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
At one time I had a cat Spaz {already named when I got her} who had 5 kittens & her sister Java who the very next day also had 5 kittens but lost one due to an accident involving one of my daughters friends {she was sooo upset the kitten didn't survive} and on top of that my daughter was given a rabbit she named cocoa who ended up having 12 YES 12 babies & NOT taking care of any of them infact we only found 11 of them until the next day the last one crawled out from where she had them but it was too late, I tried everything to save him as well so you could say it was real fun at my house for awhile with all the kittens running around & all the bunnies hopping around... Fortunately it was very easy finding homes for them all.
I now only have 1 cat & her name is CeeCee, spoiled rotten & thinks she is the queen she just turned 10yrs old and I got her from a family whose cat had kittens & she was the cutest one & the only female left.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:29 PM

looking for freebies
The one and only Liz!

My Mood/Status:
lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have...
3 kitties (Milo, Precious, and Princess)
2 Hamsters (Pinky and Brain)
1 Turtle (Squirtle)

We are hopefully getting some fish for my son for christmas!

We did put to rest our Guinea Pig about 2 months ago, was doing just fine, woke up and was barely breathing later that day he passed. RIP Squeek!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 PM

Goonies NEVER say die!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have two dogs...a chocolate lab - Palmer and a golden retriever - Sunny (aka sunshine dog). They are the best dogs ever!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myboys.jpg (189.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-19-2009, 04:33 PM

I love my new house!

My Mood/Status:
CCWLilSis has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CCWLilSis has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CCWLilSis has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CCWLilSis has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CCWLilSis has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CCWLilSis has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CCWLilSis has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CCWLilSis has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have Ginger who is a Cairn terrier and a cat named Nutmeg. Both are rescues and are as sweet as can be. They are my "girls."
Old 12-19-2009, 07:50 PM

jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!
I love everyone's pictures. Especially the deer!
I have 1 cat Dune we have had him for 12 years and we got him used from my sister. The other cats and dogs in her house made him so nervous he started peeing in the house she even took him to the vet and they tried tranqs. He needs to be an only pet. Very spoiled my dd says" you cater to that cat too much." I even sleep down in the bed because he sleeps above my head. We all love him.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:34 PM

THANKFUL FOR AFC!!

My Mood/Status:
Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well, we have Riely she is in my avatar 1 german shepherd and a beta fish named samson.
and two
Old 12-19-2009, 08:44 PM

: )

My Mood/Status:
blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have two cats.
Buddy is 3 1/2 and an American Shorthair and he came from the flea market. I told BF I wanted an orange cat and that's what he brought home. But the poor thing was just riddled with about every parasite a kitten can have. $200 in vet fees to get him cleaned up and healthy.
Kiwi is 1 1/2 and is a Shorthair also. DS's GF brought her over and it was love at first site. The GF swore she didn't have fleas but of course she did. Luckily I had just been to the vet to get Frontline for Buddy and hadn't used it yet because she was crawling with fleas.
Love their personalities and playfulness.

RIP Sylvester 4/1991 - 4/2008
Old 12-19-2009, 09:23 PM

Minky1011 has posted more than 300 great deals!Minky1011 has posted more than 300 great deals!Minky1011 has posted more than 300 great deals!Minky1011 has posted more than 300 great deals!
We have three dogs:

Cooper - German Shephard whose 1.5 years old and we're currently rehoming because we just don't have the time for

Diogee - Pomeranian whose almost 8 years old

Bella - Pomeranian whose 4 years old.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
mikesmommy has posted more than 10 good deals
We have a chug ( a pug mix ) and a beautiful, sweet, loving, protective american stafford shire terrier aka ( american pit bull ) i know i know they are not the most loved dogs but my sweet boy has the best attitude and he minds his manners...... my 4 yr old son just is best friends with him they play together eat together and sleep together ..... i never worry about my son when the dog is with him..... my dog has saved my life from a break in at my home ..... i feel like i have a body guard... not because he is mean or anything but because i know if my family was in danger then he would protect us with his life.....as the years go by i appreciate him and love him ...... i couldnt ask for a better dog to be a part of our family.......

his name is skillet and the chug is named penny.........

by the way thats him as puppy with my son .....
The Following User Says Thank You to mikesmommy For This Useful Post: