A Little Sad. :(

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 04:42 AM
is being held hostage by Grits!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Unhappy A little sad. :(

So yesterday my mom took her cat Boo to get spayed. Boo is an outdoor only cat. (She's part feral from being outside 100% of the time and only trusts/likes my mom who she adores and lets hold her like a baby in the blanket ) Boo's mom was a stray who had her kittens under their shed and my mom found homes for them and sadly the mom got sick afterwards and we think she wandered off to die (based on how bad she looked/not eating etc) Boo's probably maybe ayear old? Not real sure. Anyhow she took her yest. to get fixed and she was preggo. I dunno why it just made me sad hearing that.

She's at home recuperating now though from her surgery and she'll be fine according to the vet. She's keeping her in the utility room for a couple of days and then she'll let her back outside. I'm so glad she got her fixed though. Got her rabies and distemper shot too.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 05:05 AM

RE: A little sad. :(

wants to sell you complete inserts!!! :)
Twinkle, twinkle little star...

My Mood/Status:
lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Aww, so I'm guessing when they're pregnant, the babies don't make it? I've never had a pregnant cat (surprising considering how many we've had over the years!!!). I hope she is doing ok after her surgery. When my puppy got spayed, she was bouncing off the walls again in hours.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

I HAVE COMPLETE INSERTS FOR SALE EACH WEEK - PM ME!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 05:08 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah I guess they just take the babies out. I don't think she was very far along in her pregnancy but still kinda sad to me.

My mom called last night and said she ate a little food and had been a little active but she is still keeping her inside for a few days as she did just have a major surgery. I know B oo will be happy to get back outside though. She loves running around and being crazy my mom says
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 05:10 AM

wants to sell you complete inserts!!! :)
Twinkle, twinkle little star...

My Mood/Status:
lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
She probably misses her boyfriend, whoever he may be
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

I HAVE COMPLETE INSERTS FOR SALE EACH WEEK - PM ME!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 05:14 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
I live for nap time!

My Mood/Status:
erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!erp0620 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Aw...I'm sorry. I know what you mean about being sad. But it would probably have been hard for your mom to find homes for them all too.

Proud mommy to Abby and new baby Jack!
If this post helped you in any way, please let me know by clicking the Thanks button!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erp0620 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 AM

ISO--PAMPERS POINTS

My Mood/Status:
ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
awww, one time we found a mama cat in our front bushes she looked like she was about to have them anyday so it was dead winter we brought her in our house to help her out she was sweet believe it or not, anyhow a few days later she went into labor had one kitty it was dead upon birth she kept acting like she was having more but nothing

so we called a local vet took her in (remember she was a stray not ours) there was no more babies in her so we fixed her got all her shots and paid a nice bill.

now she has been tramatized, she carries socks down the hall way and brings them into the living room and meows alot.

this is mostly at night, we wake up in the morning and there is a pile of socks in the living room on the floor. almost like she thinks they are her babies you know?

she has been fixed for december of 2007 but she still does this every since we had to get her fixed and she lost that one baby
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ambtay79 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 05:48 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Aww

I had a cat named Christina when I was a kid who had 2 litters, 6 kittens each but two were still born in each of her litters. It was sad!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 06:59 AM

Jenn

My Mood/Status:
jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Hugs. I know, it's so sad. Most shelters or low cost vets will abort the babies if the female is pregnant when brought into be fixed. It's heartbreaking, it truly is.
, Molly
, Ari
, Simon
, Orange
Tuxie

please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennjenn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 06:11 PM

loves AFC!!!!!

My Mood/Status:
princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!princesslorie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambtay79 View Post
awww, one time we found a mama cat in our front bushes she looked like she was about to have them anyday so it was dead winter we brought her in our house to help her out she was sweet believe it or not, anyhow a few days later she went into labor had one kitty it was dead upon birth she kept acting like she was having more but nothing

so we called a local vet took her in (remember she was a stray not ours) there was no more babies in her so we fixed her got all her shots and paid a nice bill.

now she has been tramatized, she carries socks down the hall way and brings them into the living room and meows alot.

this is mostly at night, we wake up in the morning and there is a pile of socks in the living room on the floor. almost like she thinks they are her babies you know?

she has been fixed for december of 2007 but she still does this every since we had to get her fixed and she lost that one baby
Awwwww....that is one of the most pitiful stories I have ever heard! Poor Mama kitty! Thank goodness you and your family were there to take her in...buy her all the socks in the world if that makes her happy!

and Mom to Austin, 14
Garfield, 4
and our newest addition Benji BigFoot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princesslorie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 06:18 PM

is....

My Mood/Status:
shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shoppingfever has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shoppingfever For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM

is enjoying life.
~*~Kindness Matters ~*~

My Mood/Status:
OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I that and add 2 more...

Sincerely, Michelle

Coupon Often
Shop Well
Save Much
The Following User Says Thank You to OldTinGrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2009, 08:06 PM

facebook me !
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!heavenly has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
That is sad.
I didn't know they did that to the kitties.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gltkar has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambtay79 View Post
she carries socks down the hall way and brings them into the living room and meows alot.

this is mostly at night, we wake up in the morning and there is a pile of socks in the living room on the floor.

My female cat does that but we have some white stuffed mice toys for her and she does that same behavior at night usually. Its a really odd meow---of course she usually meows with the mouse in her mouth so it sounds a bit muffled. We got her from a shelter and she was maybe 3 years old and fixed when we got her.

So, it might not be post partum trauma but could be that catch/gather instinct cats can have. They put their "catch" in a very public place to showcase their find...or leave it in a busy area as a present to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to gltkar For This Useful Post: