Very, Very Heartbroken - My BigFoot Is Gone

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 AM

RE: Very, Very Heartbroken - My BigFoot is Gone

is being held hostage by Grits!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I know how hard this is for you. I am still praying and will continue to do so. You never really get over losing these precious angels but it does get a little easier to breathe in time. They are always with us in our hearts and memories and I believe we will see them again in heaven.
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would like to Thank YOU ALL SO Very Much for all the Condolences and Prayers for our loss of BigFoot. I have been trying to come here every day to start posting again, but just thinking of his name and looking at all his pictures, sorry to say, I break down. I know it will take some time for me to accept the fact he is gone forever, as it took me well over 8 months after our first cat (Snowball) died from Cancer in Dec. 2007. I am not sure if I had mentioned the following or not, but BigFoot was Snowball's boyfriend and now they are together again in Heaven.

My Wife went up to the Vet this morning, as I was not able to go back there right now. She wanted to talk to the Vet about what really caused BigFoot to have this problem in breathing and that ended up in putting him down.

Here is what he had and obviously he was born with the problem. Before I post the medical term, I would like to say that BigFoot did belong to a neighbor around the block from us and they had him for his first 4 years of life and I really do not know if the owner knew he had this problem with his Heart. BigFoot came to us about 4 years ago and he liked being down by us and of course Snowball. So, his original owners told us, that BigFoot wanted to be down by us, so we could keep him. But, Snowball was 18 years old at that time and was not really into having any type of boyfriends hanging around, if you know what I mean. But, BigFoot kept an eye out for Snowball when she was outside and especially when Snowball developed that Very Nasty Tumor that later became Cancer with NO HOPE. BigFoot would always be there for Snowball, watching out for her when she was outside drinking her fresh cold water we always kept for her in her favorite water bucket, even though she had a nice water bowl in the kitchen. She always drank most of her water out of that bucket outside at all times of the day and night. Especially when her condition got really worst, my wife and I were up with Snowball every two hours at night, as she wanted that Water out of that bucket. So, we take turns getting up and of course BigFoot would be waiting for her outside and would walk behind her to her water bucket to protect her from any of the wild raccoons we had, but the raccoons never would hurt Snowball and they would stay away from her, as they probably sense she was sick. After Snowball had her water, then BigFoot would keep an eye out for her while she walks back to the back door again. Then after about two hours, the same thing over again, water, etc. This went on for about 8 months, until the end on Dec.22, 2007 when I had to make the decision and sign her death certificate for the Vet. It was the very same day, as our 37th Wedding Anniversary. Very sad day.

Anyway, here is what BigFoot had that killed him.

Cardiomyopathy in Cats

Cardiomyopathy is an alteration in the function of the heart muscle. It can occur for several reasons in cats and it can take several forms. When the muscle is sufficiently affected that it can not function properly, heart failure occurs.

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is now the more common form of this condition in cats. It can occur for several reasons, including hyperthyroidism, toxins, infections and genetic influences. In this disorder, the heart muscle loses elasticity and becomes thicker, making it hard for the heart to function properly. There are many apparent variations in the course of this disease in cats. At the present time, a clear understanding of the mechanism of the disease is not understood in most cases.

The symptoms of this problem are similar, despite variations in why they occur. Affected cats may exhibit difficulty breathing, rapid respiratory rate, weight loss or poor condition, loss of appetite, tire easily with exercise or show signs of weakness or paralysis of the rear legs. Despite the chronic nature of the disease itself, cats often appear to develop symptoms quite suddenly, especially difficulty breathing and rear leg weakness.

The Vet told my Wife this morning, BigFoot was lucky to live the 8 years, as most cats who have this disease only last about 6 years.

Howard
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fohrenburger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 PM

is being held hostage by Grits!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oh Howard I appreciate you opening up and sharing your feelings even though I know it is still so fresh and painful. That is such a sweet and beautiful story of Bigfoot and Snowball and how they were and I am thankful they are now together again!!

Several years ago when I first moved into my apt. I brought my cat Fred who was 4 at the time. A few months later I adopted Misty from an ad in the paper. She was 4 also and spayed already. Boy was she bossy when I brought her home but Fred just LOVED her and they got along fairly well even though Misty is miss priss About 9 months later Fred got really sick all of a sudden. Couldn't eat (even though he wanted too) and so he was rushed to an emergency vet. They ran bloodwork and didn't see what the issue was but said they'd keep him overnight for fluids. I got home from there 20 minutes later to a msg from them to call back. He was in cardiac arrest and they wanted to know if I wanted them to continue with CPR.. I was devastated and of course I had to say no as obviously it was his time to go. I never got any answers as to what happened/was wrong. It was heart wrenching. Misty would go around crying for him as she didn't understand what had happened to him. I cried right along with her. It was so hard but thankfully I got through it and I now have two sweet boys whom I love to pieces and Misty is still with me praise God!

I think you are a lot like me and you love your animals iwth your whole heart. When they hurt we hurt. When they are gone, you feel gone in a way. I hope some of this makes sense and I want you to know you are not alone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 PM

Farm life is the best life!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Huntinglabmom05 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oh Howard! I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You will be in my prayers.

PS - So glad to hear they are together again in Heaven.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Huntinglabmom05; 03-20-2009 at 12:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntinglabmom05 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2009, 12:48 PM

is going crazy!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
runninglate has posted more than 400 great deals!runninglate has posted more than 400 great deals!runninglate has posted more than 400 great deals!runninglate has posted more than 400 great deals!runninglate has posted more than 400 great deals!
I am terribly sorry for your loss, but know that we are all here to support you in your time of need.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to runninglate For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2009, 03:06 PM

Saving Money
pshcubfan

My Mood/Status:
pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Just wanted you to know i was thinking of you & sending good thoughts your way. Pam
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pshcubfan For This Useful Post: