Dog In Heat...

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 11:05 AM
is Looking for CVS deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Help Sign Dog in heat...

OK I have a few questions for the experienced pet owners. I have a 13m old maltepoo (in my sig pic) and she started running out the front door last week running around acting all crazy. She always stops when you say Libby down. But still you have to go out to her and all. She is mostly inside, only goes out the back (completely fenced/wooden) to pee and poo. Never stays out unattended.
I also noted last week when rubbing her belly her nipples were like little rocks.
She had a bath Sunday, nothing different.
Today I thought she was shivering (it's not cold in my house) and I touched her jaw and she stopped. We are about to head out for a few hours and so I let her out the back door and as she took a few steps away I could see a little blood on her backside.
So I let her go pee and she ran back in and when she laid down on her side her hoo hoo for lack of a better word was HUGELY swollen with just a little bld.

OK, so my question is WHEN is/was she in heat, was it last week when she was running and being crazy or this week when she looks sad and lays around with a bleeding swollen hoo hoo?? How long does it last??

Thanks! BELIEVE me when I say GOOGLE was my first search, but NOTHING, to hard to find. I don't plan on breeding her, but she has not been fixed, just havent done it.
I just want to make sure we keep her under control and know next time.

:smiley:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 01:09 PM

RE: Dog in heat...

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jwiederhold has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
SHe is SO adorable! I have never had a female dog-good luck with that-LOL!
The Following User Says Thank You to jwiederhold For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lgoodwin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks, I have had female dogs, just not INDOOR female dogs in heat!
I know my sitter put diapers on hers. But I don't see that much, I used a wetwipe, but then I though, ugh she won't want to clean herself with all that wetwipe ick on her!
I don't know if the bleeding will get worse??
HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM

6 days smoke free YAY!!

My Mood/Status:
heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok I have 3 dogs all female and non fixed, because they arent fixed I've had my fair share of puppies in my house. Your dog is in heat. She will bleed for about a week. I know it seems like longer but its really not. The bleeding may or maynot get worse, it depends on how well she keeps herself clean. Sometimes you cant even tell a dog is in heat because they are always cleaning themselves down t here. I believe its the week after she stops bleeding she can get pregnant. Im not 100% sure on that all I know is I've had 4 litters in my house and that was 4 to many haha. The last litter we pinned it to her getting pregnant the week after she stopped bleeding. I tried to keep track but its hard when you got a million other things going on (like my sis inlaws wedding). From my experience my dogs seem to go into heat every 6mos or so. Thank goodness the oldest 2 go in at the same time but thats double the trouble on me cause where our dogs are fenced in our yard the neighbors male dog isnt. Have you had this dog since she was a puppy? I hope this helps you some.
The Following User Says Thank You to heznjon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2009, 03:03 PM

Loves AFC!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
How You Can Tell If Your Dogs In Heat I hope this link works for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peace3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2009, 03:13 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace3 View Post
How You Can Tell If Your Dogs In Heat I hope this link works for you.
Thanks so much for the link and the information from heznjon.
So I have to watch her close next week.
I searched the net for a good 30 minutes and nada, so thanks for sharing what you found!
Let me guess you typed "how do I know if my dog is in heat?"
I just thought about that... I typed dog in heat...
:smiley:
Old 01-27-2009, 03:20 PM

6 days smoke free YAY!!

My Mood/Status:
heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!heznjon has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oh and if she does get "nailed" by a male dog one for sure way to tell is the male dog will stick around, not want to leave and may even become agressive if you go and try to bring your dog back into your house. I had that happen and it wasnt a small male dog, we are talking a HUGE rot/sheppard mix, he is a nice dog (he belongs to my fiances cousin) but he can be scarey at times too and he's so big that when he leans on you he can knock you over. Needless to say I went out with a broom to get my dog in my house. Oh and if its a big dog that inpregnantes a small female dog you have to becareful cause he may be to big which can hurt her and he could spit off to many puppies which could cause her to have a miscarraige. Im not trying to scare you, just sharing what I've gone through.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:29 PM

Loves AFC!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!peace3 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
yes that is what I typed in.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:03 PM

Loves to get people to laugh

rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
They put the diapers on the dogs, not to keep them from making a mess, but to keep the male dogs away.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:48 PM

6 days smoke free YAY!!

My Mood/Status:
My mom just did that with my brothers pitt. I laughed at her but I understand cause they have 2 other male dogs in the house and they didnt want to breed a pure bred pitt with a golden retreiver or a rott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rntg83 View Post
They put the diapers on the dogs, not to keep them from making a mess, but to keep the male dogs away.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
mrosas has posted more than 10 good deals
Hello...Fun Fun Times are ahead for the Next few weeks =}

She could be in heat for up to 2 weeks..NOt all dogs go the full time BUT it could last this long.
I am not sure if there is a male in the house for the area BUT SHE WILL GET OUT!!!!!
Her Va-jayjay is calling the shots for the next 2 weeks!
If she is mainly indoors your best bet is to get Dipers and put them on her.
In my case (I am ding this now) WE went out and got a Play pen for our dogs--I have a Male and female Pitbull
I put a diper on her and put her in the play pen while my male is outside. SHE DOES GREAT IN THE PEN, giver her some toys, a soft blanket or a chewy and leave her be.
IF FOR ANY REASON YOU NEED TO LET HER OUT..I KNOW THAT YOU SAID THAT SHE IS NEVER UNATTENDED **DO NOT LEAVE HER UNATTENDED, the BOYS WILL FOLLOW THE SMELL!!!!

Unless you want to clean up bleeding Va-jayjay KEEP THAT DIPER ON!!! =]
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& MArley --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:58 AM

AFC Star Member

grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
i have no infor to add, but thought this was funny enough to share.
a friend of our married a girl from vietnam, who still speaks broken english and has trouble with some of the terms we use. they found a dog running around theyre property last july. they decided to keep her so she too the dog to the vet. the vet asks has the dog been in heat? sara replied "well, yes. it july, its 90 degrees out! and we found her outside" the whole entire vets staff just lost it! she had no clue what it ment to be in heat .
The Following User Says Thank You to grace.maddie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!
When my little dog was in heat, there were so many stray male dogs around. Peed and poo on every thing possible around our house. Even scratched at the front door wanting her to ~come out and PLAY, or looking for a way to get in. After that LONG WEEK or so, we had her spayed ASAP. Hope the week goes well for you.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:36 AM

Saving Money
pshcubfan

My Mood/Status:
pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pshcubfan has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Please get her to the vet & get her spayed. The Humane society in my area is offering free netuer & spay for Feb. You may have the same offer in your town.There's also pet organizations that will help with low cost coupons.My sister does animal rescue & feral cat spay & release programs. There are so many unwanted & dumped animals. I feel it should be illegal to breed animal for sale. The ones already hear need homes. Good luck with your fur girl.